or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Twisting Seams on High End Denim. Poor Construction?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Twisting Seams on High End Denim. Poor Construction?

post #1 of 31
Thread Starter 
I recently bought a pair of high end japanese selvedge jeans. I am going to leave the name out because I don't want it to bias anyones response. Anyways, I gave the denim a cold soak and then let them dry, and have been wearing them for a day or two and noticed that the selvedge seam on one of the legs keeps twisting from the side of my leg toward the middle of the front of my shoe. so instead of having a seam on each side of my leg, at my 3 and my 9, the seams are more like at my 11 and 5.I tried to twist it but it keeps moving back, the whole seam from my knee down is starting to go across the front of my shin and the back of my calf. Is this something I could fix or is something that is normal, or is this something that is a result of poor construction on the makers part and something i should speak to them about? Thanks.
post #2 of 31
It's completely normal and there's nothing you can do. Some people actually like the twisting of their denim. Rogan even went out of his way to construct his jeans that way.
post #3 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn View Post
It's completely normal and there's nothing you can do. Some people actually like the twisting of their denim. Rogan even went out of his way to construct his jeans that way.

+1.
post #4 of 31
What jeans did you get? Leg twist for the win!
post #5 of 31
God I haven't had leg twist in years, I can't stand it. I guess there's something for everyone but I've returned jeans on multiple occasions where there's leg twist.
post #6 of 31
I agree, it looks awful. I cringe everytime I see ayn's jeans especially the fact that he highlights the awkwardness by cuffing them so the selvedge facing the front of the shoe on one leg
post #7 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife View Post
Leg twist for the win!

+1

post #8 of 31
I think Leg Twists are ugly as well, I don't wear my new standards any more just cause of that...
post #9 of 31
god hates twisted seams leviticus 18:10
post #10 of 31
i can't fuckin stand that shit either; i just burned my eternals and turned my lvc 47's into daisy dukes. anyone need extra fabric?
post #11 of 31
Quote:
I think Leg Twists are ugly as well, I don't wear my new standards any more just cause of that...

wow you just scare me off of buying a pair of NS. so there is nothing you can do to avoid/fix this problem?
post #12 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerx View Post
wow you just scare me off of buying a pair of NS. so there is nothing you can do to avoid/fix this problem?

Embrace it. They're just jeans, not dress attire, hence not meant to be visually perfect. Oddities like selvedge, twisted seams, extra inseam for stacking etc. are what make them special.
post #13 of 31
like this?
post #14 of 31
I seriously dont understand how anyone can see leg twist as a problem on selvage jeans. Looks cool and has natural reasons.
post #15 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBobo View Post
I seriously dont understand how anyone can see leg twist as a problem on selvage jeans. Looks cool and has natural reasons.

what he said.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Twisting Seams on High End Denim. Poor Construction?