• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's Underwear

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never really realized how important underwear can be. For one thing, low-quality underwear feels weird.

But recently there's a lot of men's underwear with a lot more care taken to account for 'support'. Some of it's pretty cool-looking, too.

I'm not talking about silk boxers and stuff, but more along the lines of low-cut underwear for lower-rise jeans, different color/thickness bands, etc.

For example, I can just fit in my Earnest Sewn Fultons perfectly with a good quality pair of underwear with decent crotch support and a thinner band. If I wear Hanes boxers, forget about it -- the stuff rides up my legs and makes my jeans fit worse.

Anyone else experience the same?

Mr Sola

Reaction score
I bought a bunch of 2(x)ist trunks, but lately they've been riding up and letting my junk fall out the leg. I've stopped wearing them because I'm afraid it will act like a tourniquet.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I can't find slim beautiful cotton woven boxers anywhere.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, no man should be wearing boxers. They feel so...dangly.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Briefs are for a man?

Maybe you don't have a desirable member that requires space?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So I just did the whole throw-out-your-briefs-from-when-you-were-ten thing and started hunting around for some boxer briefs. here's some of what I've found...
there's a big price range from a couple of bucks to about 50 per pair. generally I've found that spending 15-25 gets you a lot better quality, but over 30 probably isn't necessary.
I'm pretty picky but have found a few ones I really like. H&M has got some good ones, and I'd highly suggest Lululemon (if you can get them) their wdw(?) ones. just some ideas...

http://www.lululemon.com/products/ac..._brief_vitasea

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble finding some good ones too. What I'm searching for is something with a hem that runs flush with the rest of the boxer. Some brands like fruit of the loom have a thick hem which leaves permanent marks on the legs of my jeans (slim fits).

The other thing that bugs me is the crotch area being too baggy on some of these briefs.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a few pairs of Gap boxerbriefs and I actually love them. They are very comfortable and last a long time.

lucrioual

Reaction score
i've always been good with hanes boxer briefs, although i've had a lot of people tell me that they prefer regular breifs with slim pants, i'm gonna try that out soon myself

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Briefs are for a man?

Maybe you don't have a desirable member that requires space?

I just buy underwear with enough room.

Originally Posted by cldpsu
I am having trouble finding some good ones too. What I'm searching for is something with a hem that runs flush with the rest of the boxer. Some brands like fruit of the loom have a thick hem which leaves permanent marks on the legs of my jeans (slim fits).

Try www.undergear.com. Just don't get caught looking at the site.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, squarecuts (or 'trunks' as they're also known) are my favorite by far. They don't feel like I'm wearing shorts under my pants, and they don't run up to the tendons in my groin either.

My favorite pair of underwear is probably Play Mini Mesh Briefs.

andyw

Reaction score
At about two years, I find the fabric and elastic has lost the battle with detergents and the washer/dryer. At that point it is no longer support underwear but a shmata pressed between the jewels and my trousers. So, every two years I throw out all my underwear and replace with new 2(x)ist boxer briefs. Nothing feels as good as new underwear. Go to Century 21 in NYC, prices always at significant discounts.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm not really a fan of 2xist. Granted, I was using the low end line (found at Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls, etc.), but the leg's lost all elasticity and now run up whenever I put on any jeans or pants.

I like the new Calvin Klein Steel low-rise trunk but hate that giant waist band. Anyone know of a similar style, or a recommendation in a reasonably priced trunk?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rambo
I'm not really a fan of 2xist. Granted, I was using the low end line (found at Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls, etc.), but the leg's lost all elasticity and now run up whenever I put on any jeans or pants.

I like the new Calvin Klein Steel low-rise trunk but hate that giant waist band. Anyone know of a similar style, or a recommendation in a reasonably priced trunk?

Try the 2xist no-show soy trunk. the briefs are excellent. $20 may be reasonable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads