• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cellphones in your pants pocket

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Unless you're using a belt holster, most guys probably carry their cell phone in the front pocket of their pants....do you ever worry about the health concerns of the phone eventually causing cancer (prostate, testicular, etc)? I wouldnt think there is any data on it since cell phones are so recent, it's not like anyone's had one for 30 years to study long term ill effects.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Think of it as a cheaper option to a vasectomy.

Actually, I'd never even thought about the issue -- until now.
patch[1].gif
Thanks for that.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Unless you're using a belt holster, most guys probably carry their cell phone in the front pocket of their pants....do you ever worry about the health concerns of the phone eventually causing cancer (prostate, testicular, etc)? I wouldnt think there is any data on it since cell phones are so recent, it's not like anyone's had one for 30 years to study long term ill effects.

I've always carried my cell phone in my pocket. I can't say that I ever thought about it. So far it hasn't affected me. We have 2 kids born in the last 3 years and both times my wife was pregnant on the first attempt. So at least I know it isn't affecting anything there...............yet.

CoryB

Reaction score
Not at all, but I do worry about the fact that I have an ugly rectangle mark on my pants.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I usually carry it in a jacket or not carry it at all if it cause an unsightly bulge. In fact, I never carry anything in my pants pockets.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoryB
Not at all, but I do worry about the fact that I have an ugly rectangle mark on my pants.

Think of it as the yuppie equivalent of a dip tin fade on the back pocket of your jeans.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
So let's say it's on your hip. Does your hip suddenly protect your kidneys, spleen, liver, and intestines? Chest pocket= heart/lungs. It's a cell phone, not a pack of cigarettes. Stop being such a ******* pansy.

kakemono

Reaction score
all the time...
Do I worry about it causing cancer? No.
Do I worry it make me look like I have a stiffy? Yes.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
It's a cell phone, not a pack of cigarettes. Stop being such a ******* pansy.

when you get your MD ima make sure you're the lucky chap that gets to stick his finger in ****** when I need a prostate exam done. I'll have eaten healthy doses of burritos and chorizo beforehand

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
when you get your MD ima make sure you're the lucky chap that gets to stick his finger in ****** when I need a prostate exam done. I'll have eaten healthy doses of burritos and chorizo beforehand
I'd be lying if I said you weren't the first person to tell me that they're looking forward to me sticking an appendix of mine up their rectum. But again, I'd be lying. Jesus, get some help now or save that **** for the European honeymoon.

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
I carry it in the low inside pocket on my jackets. I call it the cell phone pocket.
Most of my suits and jackets have this sort of ticket pocket, perfect for cell phones. No word on cancer resulting from carrying one next to the "boys." Might be a reason to use a clip, however (as a potential ******* pansy).

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I'd be lying if I said you weren't the first person to tell me that they're looking forward to me sticking an appendix of mine up their rectum.

eek.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads