or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Cellphones in your pants pocket
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cellphones in your pants pocket - Page 3

post #31 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtie View Post
Put it on vibrate and call yourself

You remembered me some vids I saw involving a girl introducing the cell phone into his p*%çy and then receiving a call....
post #32 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn View Post
<---------- slowly taking phone out of pocket and placing it on table....

The only nice thing about my Razr is its slim profile. I hardly notice that it's there when I carry it in my front left trouser pocket.

I use a razr as well and never notice it in my pants pocket either, and I wear some slim fitting pants. Try to keep it away from the boyz in da bag as much as possible.
post #33 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo View Post
Most manufacturers of PDA phones (Treo, Blackberry, etc.) recommend the phone not be carried in a pant pocket because of the excess heat and little to no ventilation.

So all those folks we thought were taken by The Rapture or beamed up by our alien overlords, actually just spontaneously combusted because they had their cell phones in their pockets? How disappointingly prosaic.
post #34 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post
So all those folks we thought were taken by The Rapture or beamed up by our alien overlords, actually just spontaneously combusted because they had their cell phones in their pockets? How disappointingly prosaic.
Actually, they were Dell laptop users. Or Scientologists.
post #35 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiecollector View Post
I use a razr as well and never notice it in my pants pocket either, and I wear some slim fitting pants. Try to keep it away from the boyz in da bag as much as possible.
I tried it in my pockets and was it ever conspicuous and uncomfortable. Most of my trousers have that slash pocket so the pockets are mostly decorative. I don't think I've ever put anything in pants pockets.
post #36 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
I usually carry it in a jacket or not carry it at all if it cause an unsightly bulge. In fact, I never carry anything in my pants pockets.

Hear hear!
post #37 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
I tried it in my pockets and was it ever conspicuous and uncomfortable.

Most of my trousers have that slash pocket so the pockets are mostly decorative.

I don't think I've ever put anything in pants pockets.

If I am wearing a suit I will put everything but my keys in my jacket. Still have not had a problem.
post #38 of 61
Hi people

I will never put anything into my pockets... it just spoils the whole look of the pants... Id'e rather hold everything in my hands...
post #39 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEZO View Post
Hi people

I will never put anything into my pockets... it just spoils the whole look of the pants... Id'e rather hold everything in my hands...

Not if the things you put in are slim. I have found that a razr in one pocket and a weekend wallet in the other can't even be detected. Too much bulk makes it look weird though for sure. Perhaps we all need the man bag.
post #40 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiecollector View Post
Not if the things you put in are slim. I have found that a razr in one pocket and a weekend wallet in the other can't even be detected. Too much bulk makes it look weird though for sure. Perhaps we all need the man bag.

yip! I actually do have a "man bag"... use to have the Razr... it was perfect then the N73 came along... man!! its like trying to carry a fridge where ever I go...
post #41 of 61
I keep mine in my front pocket.

If I were really concerned about my health, I wouldn't smoke, drink, or ride a motorcycle. A celphone in the pocket is a trifle in comparison.
post #42 of 61
May I suggest a lead codpiece?
post #43 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
I usually carry it in a jacket or not carry it at all if it cause an unsightly bulge. In fact, I never carry anything in my pants pockets.

I'm the same way. If I have to I carry a wallet in my back pocket. Otherwise it goes into a jacket or just one hand.
post #44 of 61
I can't stand having things in my trouser pockets - it looks terrible and restricts mobility. Put it in a bag/jacket pocket instead!
post #45 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
Unless you're using a belt holster, most guys probably carry their cell phone in the front pocket of their pants....do you ever worry about the health concerns of the phone eventually causing cancer (prostate, testicular, etc)? I wouldnt think there is any data on it since cell phones are so recent, it's not like anyone's had one for 30 years to study long term ill effects.

I just bought a blackberry Pearl with T-Mobile, the phones really small, replacing my Palm Treo 700P. I compaired it to a friends Razor and its small than it. I like T-mobile also. Only thing is the blackberry internet and email costs $19 an month and It won't let me access my banks website so I cannced the internet plan (basically the only reason I used the phone internet). But deffently worth the look if your looking for a smaller candybar phone.


As for cancer of the prostate or testies, never really thought of that. I do remember working at a place where they had a large radio broadcasting tower and there were signs of do not stand near the tower as there was excessive radiation, and i Didn't like having to walk by it to get to by car.

I really wouldn't worry about. Cell phones have been around for over 20 years now and the early ones were +5 watts of power because of the so few cell phone towers. I don't think any has gotten brain tumors from it. Current cell phones only put out about .243 watts of power.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Cellphones in your pants pocket