Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › 5 things to do in this lifetime
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

5 things to do in this lifetime - Page 3

post #31 of 51
ybs, good choices, all do-able. good luck
post #32 of 51
1. Start my own business. 2. See a great white during a dive. 3. Blow 100k on clothes within a single day. (If point 1 works out ) 4. Make a parachute jump. 5. Live to be 100 in good health.
post #33 of 51
Here are 5 on my list. These are my "selfish" goals, as opposed to my "family goals" (see kids through college etc.) 1: Drive the Nuerbergring in a fast sports car 2: Climb the NE Spur (direct) on Les Droits in the Alps 3: Write a book 4: Hike a long trail 5: Spend a whole summer traveling in Europe
post #34 of 51
kai, I have a cousin who is a lawyer who, when first discussing partnership asked for the summer off, every 2 years. he then spent that time hiking in europe with his family.
post #35 of 51
Quote:
Here are 5 on my list.  These are my "selfish" goals, as opposed to my "family goals" (see kids through college etc.) 1:  Drive the Nuerbergring in a fast sports car 2:  Climb the NE Spur (direct) on Les Droits in the Alps 3:  Write a book 4:  Hike a long trail 5:  Spend a whole summer traveling in Europe
Where do you live Kai? Because if it is in Europe you can just drive to the ring and buy yourself some ringtime. I think it's about 10 euros per lap or something.
post #36 of 51
Quote:
Where do you live Kai? Because if it is in Europe you can just drive to the ring and buy yourself some ringtime. I think it's about 10 euros per lap or something.
I live in the States. I'm thinking that at some point, I will go to Europe, purchase a sports car while I am there, drive it around Europe, then ship it home to the States. I could knock out 3 of these 5 in one trip. Now I just need to convince my wife that a trip to the Pagani factory is in order.
post #37 of 51
Quote:
Quote:
(Roy @ 21 Dec. 2004, 4:59) Where do you live Kai? Because if it is in Europe you can just drive to the ring and buy yourself some ringtime. I think it's about 10 euros per lap or something.
I live in the States.  I'm thinking that at some point, I will go to Europe, purchase a sports car while I am there, drive it around Europe, then ship it home to the States.  I could knock out 3 of these 5 in one trip.  Now I just need to convince my wife that a trip to the Pagani factory is in order.
Forget Pagani. Get a Spyker. So much cooler.
post #38 of 51
Quote:
Forget Pagani. Get a Spyker. So much cooler.
I have to say I don't really like the Spyker. Lots of bling, not much performance. Not really my style.
post #39 of 51
Writing a book is a lot easier in these days of self publishing, particularly if it's non-fiction. If anyone wants advice or assistance let me know. I'd be happy to help, and definitely experienced most of the pitfalls the first time around. GQL, Everest is indeed impressive. Have wanted to do this (oddly enough) ever since I read Into Thin Air.
post #40 of 51
Quote:
Quote:
(Roy @ 21 Dec. 2004, 5:12) Forget Pagani. Get a Spyker. So much cooler.
I have to say I don't really like the Spyker.  Lots of bling, not much performance.  Not really my style.
On the contrary, there's loads of performance. The guys of Top Gear absolutely loved it and the Stig put it right up there with Lambo in the lap times. And they were only driving the prototype, not even the fully balanced production car.
post #41 of 51
1) wear only bespoke clothes 2) live in US (at least enough long to speak perfect English) 3) set up a successfull business 4) visit all the biggest cities in the world 5) see my name become famous (not necessary my face)
post #42 of 51
1. Own a pair of Edward Green shoes. 2. Visit New York City. 3. Become an accomplished pianist. 4. Own a Borrelli suit. 5. Own a Rolls Royce (wanted one sinse l was 8 years old).
post #43 of 51
I have been watching this thread for a while now trying to come up with something good, but I am having trouble. I have just a few in mind: 1. Play Pebble/Spyglass 2. Travel around Asia 3. Live on the beach where I run a restaurant/bar
post #44 of 51
Quote:
I have been watching this thread for a while now trying to come up with something good, but I am having trouble. I have just a few in mind: 1. Play Pebble/Spyglass 2. Travel around Asia 3. Live on the beach where I run a restaurant/bar
pebble/spyglass ?
post #45 of 51
Sorry, Spyglass Hill and Pebble Beach are two golf courses in California. Both in the top 10 in the world, both $300+ to play.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › 5 things to do in this lifetime