or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Irony

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
What a sight.

post #2 of 12
Nice.

I see another ironic thing in this photo besides teh obvious doors. Notice the Civic, with the large rear spoiler giving the FRONT wheel drive car massive amounts of REAR down force. I am sure this really helps the econo-box put the power down.

The Lambo is spoiler-less.
post #3 of 12


Now that's irony.
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by odoreater View Post


Now that's irony.

oh the irony!
post #5 of 12
How embarrassing it must be to drive around in a car like that.
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
How embarrassing it must be to drive around in a car like that.

I get embarassed standing around Lamborghinis. If Stefano Ricci made a car, he'd make a Lambo.

--Andre
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Yew View Post
I get embarassed standing around Lamborghinis.



Jon.
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSeca View Post
Nice. I see another ironic thing in this photo besides teh obvious doors. Notice the Civic, with the large rear spoiler giving the FRONT wheel drive car massive amounts of REAR down force. I am sure this really helps the econo-box put the power down. The Lambo is spoiler-less.
The spoiler is purely for show, I doubt it adds any measurable down force. And even if it did, it wouldn't be for the purpose of putting power down at the speeds it would you would have to operate for it to make a difference, rather, it'd likely be for high-speed stability (like most road cars). If the Civic made enough power in the first place. I believe the Gallardo has a somewhat sculpted underbody to limit lift like most exotics these days. I'm curious, would anybody take a Gallardo over an F430? Or even a 360 Modena for that matter?
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian278 View Post
The spoiler is purely for show, I doubt it adds any measurable down force. And even if it did, it wouldn't be for the purpose of putting power down at the speeds it would you would have to operate for it to make a difference, rather, it'd likely be for high-speed stability (like most road cars). If the Civic made enough power in the first place.

This was my point, the rear spoiler is for show much like the cheesy door modification. I think we all know this. The irony is that the car has it, and doesn't need it.
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian278 View Post
I'm curious, would anybody take a Gallardo over an F430? Or even a 360 Modena for that matter?

No. I'll take it over an Audi R8, though.
post #11 of 12
I don't get it.
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroStyles View Post
I don't get it.

Lambos are famous for their scissor doors that swing up to open. This picture is ironic because the Lambo doesn't have it, and the cheap Civic does.

--Andre
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home