or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Rolls Royce Phantom
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rolls Royce Phantom - Page 5

post #61 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe View Post
African American designer

What does it matter what race he is? In what way does it affect the design or your statement?

Also, being as i'm not in the USA...... why African American? Has he ever had citizenship in Africa?

If not, he's just American.
post #62 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65535 View Post
What does it matter what race he is? In what way does it affect the design or your statement?

Also, being as i'm not in the USA...... why African American? Has he ever had citizenship in Africa?

If not, he's just American.
Because,

You're to caught up seeing the name "African American", to understand how the car is marketed and sold. The 300C, has large appeal in the Black community, because It was based on the design of the Rolls. The designer has even admitted to drawng inspiration from previos Rolls and Bentley models. If you ever watch African American programming, you would notice that Chrysler does alot of their marketing on a select few cars, based on demographic appeal. If anything it's smart business, it's not as much about race, as it is about business.

A previous poster asked if the car was making money, I merely responded, and have since given the reason as to why it has had marketing success.
post #63 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow View Post
I didn't know the designer was an African-American. I always thought it was aimed at middle-aged white men who wanted some sort of updated 2008 muscle car. I vaguely remember reading that somewhere in some article, although it never made sense to me. Did the designer ever admit there was an intentional element of copying the RR phantom design to it, or do people just assume it?

I thought the fact that the hip-hop generation embraced it was merely a serendipitous event. Kind of like how Lincoln Navigators and Cadillac Escalade's were originally made for old white guys to drive to the country club, but became popular with rap stars.
That's the funny thing, the 300 was created with sort of a "Bling Bling" appeal that eventually made it popular in the Black community, whereas the Charger was suppose to be more of the musclecar. Consequently the Charger, have become quite popular (even though I don't know why).

I think the core demographic appeal of the Navigator and Escalade was more targeted towards the upper middle-upper class White male, but they too became incredibly popular within the Black community, due to musicians and athletes.

Both Lincoln, Cadillac, and Chrysler heavily promote their cars in Black magazines, and during African American tv programming. To a degree, it has been very succesful.
post #64 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe View Post
That's the funny thing, the 300 was created with sort of a "Bling Bling" appeal that eventually made it popular in the Black community, whereas the Charger was suppose to be more of the musclecar. Consequently the Charger, have become quite popular (even though I don't know why).

I think the core demographic appeal of the Navigator and Escalade was more targeted towards the upper middle-upper class White male, but they too became incredibly popular within the Black community, due to musicians and athletes.

Both Lincoln, Cadillac, and Chrysler heavily promote their cars in Black magazines, and during African American tv programming. To a degree, it has been very succesful.


Very interesting. I didn't know the resemblance to the RR was intentional. I know Cadillac was talking about making a "Snoop Deville" for along time co-branded with Snoop Dogg, but I don't think it ever materialized. Anyways, I like 300C's when they have the right tint/grill/rims/trim combo. But the regular ones look funny.
post #65 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow View Post
Very interesting. I didn't know the resemblance to the RR was intentional. I know Cadillac was talking about making a "Snoop Deville" for along time co-branded with Snoop Dogg, but I don't think it ever materialized. Anyways, I like 300C's when they have the right tint/grill/rims/trim combo. But the regular ones look funny.
You have to check out the SRT8 version, it's actually pretty nice. I'm with you on the standard models....they're very unproportionate and dull.
post #66 of 66
I remember the first time I saw a Phantom on the road, the thing dwarfs midsize SUV's, it''s freak'n hugh. It was interesting, but it still doesn't have the same excitement effect of an Aston or Ferrari. Aside from the Phantom, I feel the Drophead is quite gorgeous...as far as boulevard queens go.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Rolls Royce Phantom