or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Billy Reid's collection...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Billy Reid's collection... - Page 5

post #61 of 143
why, do you live Charlotte? I ask, because that's where I live.
post #62 of 143
Thread Starter 
Yes, yes I do.
post #63 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit View Post
Anyone have their boots yet?

I received my Logging Boots this weekend and I'm quite pleased with the fit and quality. I ordered a size 9 which is the same size I wear in Red Wing 875's. In general I would say the boots run a little longer and narrower then average but not by a full half size. I hope that helps.
post #64 of 143
I was in Charlotte last Saturday, and decided that since I was near Southpark I'd go and check out the Billy Reid there. First off, the store itself, the layout, the atmosphere, all fantastic. Very Southern gentleman. Some of the employees and customers were drinking wine, and they offered me a glass when I came in. I went first for the shoes, because I too had my eyes on the logging boots -- unfortunately, they didn't have 10D available. (They do have a 9.5D, if anyone's interested.) Their Heirloom collection in the back of the store is very nice. All really nice fabrics, and it seemed like all of it was made in Italy. The shirts had MOP buttons, split yokes, and side gussets. I did notice that the blazers and jackets had unfinished sleeves, and when i commented to one of the employees, Jessica, that this meant I could have surgeon's cuffs put in, she about flipped her shit. The biggest criticism that I had with the Heirloom stuff is the size range. 38R for suits and jackets is their smallest; I'm a 36R. I'm normally a 15 in shirts (with tailoring in the body), but their 15's felt just a tad too loose in the collar. Jessica said that Billy Reid himself comes by the Charlotte store twice a year, in the spring and in the fall, to do MTM. This really piqued my interest, as there was this brown moleskin blazer I really liked. Their mainline stuff is good. Some of it was made in Italy, some in Turkey. I'd say the dress shirts are somewhere between PRL and RLBL (I had just come from the Ralph Lauren store across the way) in terms of quality. These also had MOP buttons and split yokes. While the Heirloom shirts are marked by neck size, these shirts are marked S, M, L. I tried on a S in the Orleans and Tuscumbia fits. Orleans seemed very trad, like BB mainline. Tuscumbia was the slimmest fitting. In fact, Tuscumbia in S fit me better in the neck and shoulders than the Heirloom in 15; it still seems meant for someone with a 38R chest. I realized after I left that I spent zero time looking at the casual stuff or the denim. Damnit. I'll probably go back in a week or two after the holidays to do just that. A nice store and a nice brand. If it fits your style, and if it fits, definitely look into them.
post #65 of 143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahjota View Post
I was in Charlotte last Saturday, and decided that since I was near Southpark I'd go and check out the Billy Reid there. First off, the store itself, the layout, the atmosphere, all fantastic. Very Southern gentleman. Some of the employees and customers were drinking wine, and they offered me a glass when I came in.

You should've got the bourbon.

Quote:
Jessica said that Billy Reid himself comes by the Charlotte store twice a year, in the spring and in the fall, to do MTM. This really piqued my interest, as there was this brown moleskin blazer I really liked.

I missed him last spring. I have that blazer by the way. It's amazing.

Quote:
I'd say the dress shirts are somewhere between PRL and RLBL (I had just come from the Ralph Lauren store across the way) in terms of quality.

There's a reason I get almost all my shirts from there. The quality of the fabrics is amazing for the pricepoint -- it's beyond PRL by a mile. I'd say it's on par with RLBL/BoO, but I like some of the pinpoint oxfords more than both brands.
post #66 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post
You should've got the bourbon.

Hah! I would have preferred the bourbon, actually, but they already had the vino out, and I wasn't going to tell the SA "No". :P
post #67 of 143
My boots came, they're a little big. If I was to compare it sizing wise to another pair of footwear, I'd say they run like Chucks.
post #68 of 143
Looks nice, how warm would you say they are?
post #69 of 143
+1. Great pics too. Is that insole removeable?
post #70 of 143
their look ok, i mean whatever. hopefully you dont fold up the ends with those atrocious shoes like the male models on their site. now that i think about it, those clothes really aren't my style. they look like something out of, "barry lyndon," those models look like their about to go horseback riding or play rochet at their country club-no thank you.
post #71 of 143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtbandit67 View Post
their look ok, i mean whatever. hopefully you dont fold up the ends with those atrocious shoes like the male models on their site.

now that i think about it, those clothes really aren't my style. they look like something out of, "barry lyndon," those models look like their about to go horseback riding or play rochet at their country club-no thank you.

I always thought it was more like having a glass of bourbon after quail hunting out back past the tobacco fields.
post #72 of 143
looks like they don't make size 7 -__- most of the time any boot i'm size 7 maybe 7 1/2.
post #73 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lel View Post
Looks nice, how warm would you say they are?
Honestly I don't find many boots to be very warm unless they have shearling lining or something. But these do the job for me. I actually wore them today(31 degrees out) and my toes were fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit View Post
+1. Great pics too. Is that insole removeable?
Doesn't feel like it. Maybe? I don't know, I don't wanna try if they're glued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post
I always thought it was more like having a glass of bourbon after quail hunting out back past the tobacco fields.
+1, that's more like it. But anyway, since they were a little big for me, I brought it to the Billy Reid boutique here in NYC and Jeremy exchanged them for me for a smaller size with no problems. Dude is really cool along with the SA's there whom I chit-chatted with. He said that because of the holidays, there's actually a 14 day return/exchange as long as the items are not worn. The interiors are super dope, one thing that immediately stood out was that it smelled like apple cider inside. I would have stayed longer to fully check out the place but was in a hurry to get somewhere. I'll definitely head back some time to check out the rest of the stuff and because of the great customer service. P.S.: I've said this before but If you're going to order them, order your Chuck Taylor size.
post #74 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak View Post
Doesn't feel like it. Maybe? I don't know, I don't wanna try if they're glued.

If its glued its not supposed to be removed.
I wouldn't try either.
Ty.
post #75 of 143
Arg, I got all hyped up from reading about these logging boots, just to find out that they don't ship to Canada.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Billy Reid's collection...