or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › English lessons
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

English lessons

post #1 of 119
Thread Starter 
for 180 hours paid at 99% by state. Please tell me if you see an improvement in my english after 1/2/3 weeks. I could wear from time to time some of my new shirts and suits .? Thanks
post #2 of 119
your english looks pretty good to me unless you're typing in your native thru some kind of translator and then copy/paste here.
post #3 of 119
Thread Starter 
Quote:
your english looks pretty good to me unless you're typing in your native thru some kind of translator and then copy/paste here.
Do you want to see what gives a translator???
post #4 of 119
Oh man. High comedy. It's interesting how you can tell from what language people are translating by the final product. It's like reading a French accent. Great. Ernest, I almost always understand what you're trying to say, and in the cases where I don't, I enjoy attempting to decode it. We'll let you know if your English improves noticeably, god know it's better than my French. Ich spreche kein Franzosich, nur English und ein bisschen Deutsch. Ich hab' nicht Deutsch gesprochen nach vier jahre. Enshuldige mich. Ich weiss nicht wieso, Ich habe Deutsch gewaehlt fur meine Sprache lehren. I'm sure that's AWFUL. I think I just said "I dunno why I'm wailing for my speaking teacher."
post #5 of 119
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Oh man. High comedy. It's interesting how you can tell from what language people are translating by the final product. It's like reading a French accent. Great. Ernest, I almost always understand what you're trying to say, and in the cases where I don't, I enjoy attempting to decode it. We'll let you know if your English improves noticeably, god know it's better than my French. Ich spreche kein Franzosich, nur English und ein bisschen Deutsch. Ich hab' nicht Deutsch gesprochen nach vier jahre. Enshuldige mich. Ich weiss nicht wieso, Ich habe Deutsch gewaehlt fur meine Sprache lehren. I'm sure that's AWFUL. I think I just said "I dunno why I'm wailing for my speaking teacher."
I studied german 7 years from 12 to 18 = 3h/w = my first language . I was not bad, even rather good. One year before I graduated I had a teacher with who we did NOTHING so 1 year was for nothing but losing words. I graduate with 12.5/20. English is my second language at school = I studied 5 years from 14 to 18 = 3h/w Almost nothing in university for english during 5 years Russain was my third language = 3 years from 16 to 18 = 3 h/w 3 languages sounds unbelievable now.... Better I had learnt only good english I can tell nothing more in german than "ich bin hunger, durst", "ich verstehe nicht" or some simple sentances . French is never my first language...
post #6 of 119
Quote:
Quote:
(discostu004 @ 02 Sep. 2004, 12:15) your english looks pretty good to me unless you're typing in your native thru some kind of translator and then copy/paste here.
Do you want to see what gives a translator???
Yes.
post #7 of 119
Ernest, please discontinue the lessons. I think I speak for us all when I say that we are entertained by your mistakes in english.
post #8 of 119
Quote:
French is never my first language...
I must be missing something here.
post #9 of 119
and this has to do with men's clothing because?
post #10 of 119
Because Ernest is like a young French nephew who we enjoy giving a hard time to. kinda like an electronic 'noogie' see how that word translates :-) Once you finish the course we can give you lessons on the various dialects - Nu Yawk, Texas, Boston etcetera.
post #11 of 119
Quote:
Because Ernest is like a young French nephew who we enjoy giving a hard time to. Once you finish the course we can give you lessons on the various dialects - Nu Yawk, Texas, Boston etcetera.
Yes, Ernest is part of the place here... And Chuck, you leave off of "Nu Yawk" please (Ha...didnt think we knew that "Please" word here in NY didja?) (Picked it up from a tourist last week) JJF
post #12 of 119
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Quote:
(ernest @ 02 Sep. 2004, 1:18) French is never my first language...
I must be missing something here.
neither.
post #13 of 119
Thread Starter 
My first cours = THE PRESENT PERFECT today Rather complicated to use properly. What is the difference between US and UK?
post #14 of 119
In the UK they speak English with grace and style, here in the US we butcher it. ...and here in Texas we butcher it and shoot at anyone who laughs. Once you master proper English let me know Ernest, I will get you good and drunk and teach you how to speak Southern.
post #15 of 119
Quote:
My first cours =  THE PRESENT PERFECT today Rather complicated to use properly. What is the difference between US and UK?
Us means we. "Uk" is an expression that one uses to display displeasure and revulsion, similar to "uggh" Usually accompanied with a grimace or another facial expression. Example of US... Jim...wont you come with US to the zoo? Example of UK...Jim...do you like this? Jim "UK" Man...Dont listen to us. we will only confuse you. JJF
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › English lessons