or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What music are you listening to lately?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What music are you listening to lately? - Page 387

post #5791 of 9364
Picked up the Tyler the Creator- Goblin album Only got through one spin but I do not get the hype. Just awful shit, so violent and childish it really made me regret putting my money down, if only because I felt like I was supporting it. It's weird the lyrics even admit that all the gangster/rape/dicksuck/kill talk is fake, but then just advocates for violence the rest of the cd. I really can't get down with most rap, but love kanye and saw a lot of people linking the two. Oh well.
post #5792 of 9364
Local Natives - Gorilla Manor Cold War Kids - Mine is Yours Foo Fighters - Wasting Light All in prep for Sasquatch! Oh, and this too: The Very Best - Warm Heart of Africa
post #5793 of 9364
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #5794 of 9364
A lot of old Guided by Voices, mostly Matador era. These guys have aged a lot better than most of what I listened to in high school and college.
post #5795 of 9364
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post
A lot of old Guided by Voices, mostly Matador era. These guys have aged a lot better than most of what I listened to in high school and college.

I appreciate Pollard more and more as the years go by. There was a 10 year span where every song he put out was just gold. The guy was tapped into some kind of muse...
post #5796 of 9364
been tracking down any and all projects by & with Danger Mouse (xcept U2)... he is the self-proclaimed auteur of any&all things musical... Broken Bells, Black Keys, Rome.... good listening.
post #5797 of 9364
Thread Starter 
Led Zeppelin, How The West Was Won.
post #5798 of 9364
post #5799 of 9364
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy7 View Post
Picked up the Tyler the Creator- Goblin album

Only got through one spin but I do not get the hype. Just awful shit, so violent and childish it really made me regret putting my money down, if only because I felt like I was supporting it. It's weird the lyrics even admit that all the gangster/rape/dicksuck/kill talk is fake, but then just advocates for violence the rest of the cd. I really can't get down with most rap, but love kanye and saw a lot of people linking the two. Oh well.

Yeah, Goblin is an honourable mention, at best!
post #5800 of 9364
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy7 View Post
Picked up the Tyler the Creator- Goblin album

Only got through one spin but I do not get the hype. Just awful shit, so violent and childish it really made me regret putting my money down, if only because I felt like I was supporting it. It's weird the lyrics even admit that all the gangster/rape/dicksuck/kill talk is fake, but then just advocates for violence the rest of the cd. I really can't get down with most rap, but love kanye and saw a lot of people linking the two. Oh well.

only hyped prob because it was on p4k, which has shitty picks 70% of the time... so not surprising. i heard one of his tracks on youtube which was decent and all the rest were shitty. nice avatar btw, my all-time fave album.

found this on youtube, off a friendly fires related vids link i think? lyrics make no sense whatsoever but the chorus is catchy:



IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #5801 of 9364
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphextwin07 View Post
only hyped prob because it was on p4k, which has shitty picks 70% of the time... so not surprising. i heard one of his tracks on youtube which was decent and all the rest were shitty. nice avatar btw, my all-time fave album.

found this on youtube, off a friendly fires related vids link i think? lyrics make no sense whatsoever but the chorus is catchy:




It's a good album, and as you say the lyrics (in all their songs!) are wonderfully eccentric. I've mainly been listening to TV on the Radio and tune-yards recently. TV on the Radio's new album is a little disappointing, but they're still one of my favourite bands of all time.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #5802 of 9364
post #5803 of 9364
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphextwin07 View Post
only hyped prob because it was on p4k, which has shitty picks 70% of the time... so not surprising. i heard one of his tracks on youtube which was decent and all the rest were shitty. nice avatar btw, my all-time fave album. found this on youtube, off a friendly fires related vids link i think? lyrics make no sense whatsoever but the chorus is catchy: I have no clue who this is, but because of this album art, I need it in my collection (0)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #5804 of 9364
post #5805 of 9364

toe - for long tomorrow


pelé - enemies
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What music are you listening to lately?