or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Antiquing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Antiquing - Page 6

post #76 of 309
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveroaks View Post
Is this antiquing possible with shoes such as AEs or is it not as good of a canvas?

Without problems......perfectly fine calf to use - unless it's the polished cobbler, which I would have to pass on.

I will say I finished one, and have another in work, of a brown calf by Lobb that is absolutely phenominal leather......so tight grained I have trouble getting grip during rub out. Otherwise, any 'better' shoe is about the same.
post #77 of 309
a true artist!! among the best posts on this site. thanks for taking the time to teach a lost art.
post #78 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDER View Post
Without problems......perfectly fine calf to use - unless it's the polished cobbler, which I would have to pass on.

I will say I finished one, and have another in work, of a brown calf by Lobb that is absolutely phenominal leather......so tight grained I have trouble getting grip during rub out. Otherwise, any 'better' shoe is about the same.

Sorry--I had to.
post #79 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDER View Post
Without problems......perfectly fine calf to use - unless it's the polished cobbler, which I would have to pass on.

I will say I finished one, and have another in work, of a brown calf by Lobb that is absolutely phenominal leather......so tight grained I have trouble getting grip during rub out. Otherwise, any 'better' shoe is about the same.

Thank you Ron - you're an artist and a gentleman.
post #80 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadley View Post
Sorry--I had to.

Stop being a jerk off.
post #81 of 309
Thread Starter 
A few more recently finished.....been slow getting things out of the shop, but almost finished with all in work.

Orders were 'go crazy'....mainly for denim wear, I understand:

before -

[IMG][/IMG]


after -

[IMG][/IMG]


More my 'house' style, if you can call it that....very gentle, 'soft' antiquing:

[IMG][/IMG]

before - with oil spots to take away -

[IMG][/IMG]

A model, and finish, that has really become popular - at least for me, which means a few guys have ordered it:

[IMG][/IMG]

The above is also one of the first 5 models in the re-introduced 'Black Label' (original, huh?) line coming Fall 08.

Starting our work on crust finishing with strictly wax - no analine or dye. Here is what happens when you let the flame stay too long on the toe......practise, practise, practise:

[IMG][/IMG]

Next pair ready for practise.....I think I will turn it to Dark Brown and see how far I can go:

[IMG][/IMG]

Still waiting for some nice Navy ones to do......
post #82 of 309
Have you tried antiguing any shell cordovan shoes yet, Ron?
post #83 of 309
post #84 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDER View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

These, in particular, are spectacular. Really nice work, Ron.
post #85 of 309
I have had this Westbourne taking up shelf space for sometime. I can't quite figure how this was ever able to happen but so be it?

[IMG][/IMG]
Question: Could Ron's magic touch rescue these?



I hate ''train wreck' photos

[IMG][/IMG]
post #86 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsalocust View Post
I have had this Westbourne taking up shelf space for sometime. I can't quite figure how this was ever able to happen but so be it?

[IMG][/IMG]
Question: Could Ron's magic touch rescue these?



I hate ''train wreck' photos

[IMG][/IMG]

If those were mine... I'd take a loving look at the beautiful Elm table on which they're sitting. Then I'd look at the shoes, then take another look at the table. I'd put those shoes on, work in the yard, take the dogs for a walk, wash the car and move a rock-pile or two. Take the shoes off, polish and repeat for a few years until the shoes and the Elm table look as one. It's another form of (genuine) antiquing.
post #87 of 309
Why wait? Life is short; send them to Ron and get that stain taken care of!
post #88 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDER View Post
A few more recently finished.....been slow getting things out of the shop, but almost finished with all in work. Orders were 'go crazy'....mainly for denim wear, I understand:
Ron, does that include my boots?
post #89 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsalocust View Post
I have had this Westbourne taking up shelf space for sometime. I can't quite figure how this was ever able to happen but so be it?

What size are they?
post #90 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72 View Post
What size are they?


The Westbourne in question is a UK 8 E


Regards,

Graham
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Antiquing