Recent Images In This Thread
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 8/17/15
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Shoe Antiquing - Page 29post #421 of 46512/28/15 at 1:53pmpost #422 of 4651/3/16 at 2:58pmpost #423 of 4651/3/16 at 4:16pmpost #424 of 4651/3/16 at 9:27pm
I like the subtlety on these as well.
Wanted to share one recent job that I did but it's just iPhone pics for now, will do a better shoot when the weather permits.
The before look of these is about mid brown but had black/dark spots that couldn't be removed so I had to match to it.
Quote:post #425 of 4651/26/16 at 9:30ampost #426 of 4653/14/16 at 3:27pmpost #427 of 4653/14/16 at 3:39pmpost #428 of 4653/14/16 at 6:30pmHow did you get the wrinkles out?[/quote]
You can never truly get wrinkles out of leather as leather wrinkles pure and simple. However during the cleaning phase I get the leather very wet to get it a lot more supple to work with the wrinkles. Also use leather moisturizers and work them in with my fingers to really work with the leather also. This is never going to get rid of the wrinkles but it definitely helps alleviate some of them.post #429 of 4653/14/16 at 6:31pmpost #430 of 4653/15/16 at 3:04ampost #431 of 4653/15/16 at 4:23amQuote:Originally Posted by RIDER
These were fun to work on.......
The entire base coats are Saphir creams and wax......mostly Forest Green, Orange....some Navy and the standard brown's.....then a little dye wash and lots of Crema Alpina and Renoveteur......not to mention elbow grease. Client requested something 'interesting to crazy', basically. Mission accomplished -
"Then a little dye wash and lots of..."
Sorry I know this is far back in the thread but I'm reading and rereading this entire thread and taking notes but I'm lost on this process where it says "dye wash".
I can think of many interpretations but could you explain these steps way I know I have interpreted correctly and could you add which brand of dyes you like best and wash please?
Thank you for sharing so much knowledge on here by the way. And great work!
-Alexpost #432 of 4653/17/16 at 5:31ampost #433 of 4653/17/16 at 9:49ampost #434 of 4653/19/16 at 12:29pmpost #435 of 4653/19/16 at 1:12pm
On the darkest parts where it's like black looking and really polished on the toes, what colors and what products gave these results? I was following along on your previous post on the process which helped really picture how the shoe slowly was being transformed but the dark spots are what I'm trying to figure out how to do, or should say how you got to that point I guess?
Very nice shoe btw!
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Need Supply - official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 1 minute ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider FW 11 Wool Jacket in Grey Check - size 4 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 8 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider Points Cardigan - Plaid, size 4 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide