Recent Images In This Thread
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 8/17/15
Related Forum Threads
- SOLD! VASS dark cognac oxford with brogues Last post on 2/16/17 at 3:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Shoe Antiquing - Page 29post #421 of 50312/28/15 at 1:53pmpost #422 of 5031/3/16 at 2:58pmpost #423 of 5031/3/16 at 4:16pmpost #424 of 5031/3/16 at 9:27pm
I like the subtlety on these as well.
Wanted to share one recent job that I did but it's just iPhone pics for now, will do a better shoot when the weather permits.
The before look of these is about mid brown but had black/dark spots that couldn't be removed so I had to match to it.
Quote:post #425 of 5031/26/16 at 9:30ampost #426 of 5033/14/16 at 3:27pmpost #427 of 5033/14/16 at 3:39pmpost #428 of 5033/14/16 at 6:30pmHow did you get the wrinkles out?[/quote]
You can never truly get wrinkles out of leather as leather wrinkles pure and simple. However during the cleaning phase I get the leather very wet to get it a lot more supple to work with the wrinkles. Also use leather moisturizers and work them in with my fingers to really work with the leather also. This is never going to get rid of the wrinkles but it definitely helps alleviate some of them.post #429 of 5033/14/16 at 6:31pmpost #430 of 5033/15/16 at 3:04ampost #431 of 5033/15/16 at 4:23amQuote:Originally Posted by RIDER
These were fun to work on.......
The entire base coats are Saphir creams and wax......mostly Forest Green, Orange....some Navy and the standard brown's.....then a little dye wash and lots of Crema Alpina and Renoveteur......not to mention elbow grease. Client requested something 'interesting to crazy', basically. Mission accomplished -
"Then a little dye wash and lots of..."
Sorry I know this is far back in the thread but I'm reading and rereading this entire thread and taking notes but I'm lost on this process where it says "dye wash".
I can think of many interpretations but could you explain these steps way I know I have interpreted correctly and could you add which brand of dyes you like best and wash please?
Thank you for sharing so much knowledge on here by the way. And great work!
-Alexpost #432 of 5033/17/16 at 5:31ampost #433 of 5033/17/16 at 9:49ampost #434 of 5033/19/16 at 12:29pmpost #435 of 5033/19/16 at 1:12pm
On the darkest parts where it's like black looking and really polished on the toes, what colors and what products gave these results? I was following along on your previous post on the process which helped really picture how the shoe slowly was being transformed but the dark spots are what I'm trying to figure out how to do, or should say how you got to that point I guess?
Very nice shoe btw!
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 11 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 14 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 14 minutes ago
- › Hermes Agenda Refill Alternatives? 19 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 20 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...