or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Commuting
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Commuting - Page 3

post #31 of 46
At my firm I discriminate against potential employees unless their postcode is any of the following: SW1, SW3, SW7,SW10, W1, W2, W8, W9, W10, W11, W14, NW1, NW3, NW8, WC2, EC4, EC2M, N6 Those with the following postcodes are second rung: EC1 EC3 WC1 W3 through W7 W12 W13 SW2 SW4 through SW6 SW8 SW9 SW11 through SW20 NW2 NW4 through NW11 N2 N3 N12 The following are rejected straight away: non London postcodes E1 through E18 SE1 through SE28 N1 through 22 (excluding N2, N3, N6, & N12)
post #32 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouji View Post
At my firm I discriminate against potential employees unless their postcode is any of the following:

SW1, SW3, SW7,SW10, W1, W2, W8, W9, W10, W11, W14, NW1, NW3, NW8, WC2, EC4, EC2M

Those with the following postcodes are second rung:
EC1
EC3
WC1
W3 through W7
W12
W13
SW2
SW4 through SW6
SW8
SW9
SW11 through SW20
NW2
NW4 through NW11

The following are rejected straight away:
non London postcodes
E1 through E18
SE1 through SE28
I think we found a new benchmark for this...
post #33 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouji View Post
Why do you feel you are allowed to work there then? Woudn't you be better suited to farming?

WTF?
post #34 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdude View Post
I have felt my life in danger at times while driving on southern california freeways.
especially when it rains people think the sky is falling and forget how to drive.

i've felt in danger in washington because those fools don't know how to MERGE onto the freeway with the flow of traffic, aka going the same speed, and instead going like 40mph.
post #35 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellshock View Post
especially when it rains people think the sky is falling and forget how to drive.

i've felt in danger in washington because those fools don't know how to MERGE onto the freeway with the flow of traffic, aka going the same speed, and instead going like 40mph.

Drivers in Washington are the absolute worst EVAR.... they don't go when the light turns green, they don't stop when the light turns red, they have no idea how to make a left turn or a right turn or change lanes or merge.... I think that about covers it.
post #36 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
WTF?

It's not complicated, if you want to live with the sheep, help the sheep.
post #37 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouji View Post
It's not complicated, if you want to live with the sheep, help the sheep.

Odd...
post #38 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouji View Post
It's not complicated, if you want to live with the sheep, help the sheep.

Whatever.
post #39 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouji View Post
Thank God. Suburban dwellwers are counter productive for society. I won't even mention what I think of rural dwelllers.

Have you ever taken a history or economics class in your life?
post #40 of 46
Bouji, I am enjoying your posts. Just that perfect combo of feigned aggression and nonsense. 8/10.
post #41 of 46
reviving an old thread because my commuting days are just beginning again. i have a feeling it is going to be very stressful. anyone else?
post #42 of 46
I have almost completely given up on the bus and am back to driving. Both are fucking awful, but I have not decided which is worse.
post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecai View Post
I have almost completely given up on the bus and am back to driving. Both are fucking awful, but I have not decided which is worse.

i'm looking at 40-45 min no traffic... 1hr 30- 45 traffic
i looked up bus and it said 2 hr 33min......................................
post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellshock View Post
i'm looking at 40-45 min no traffic... 1hr 30- 45 traffic
i looked up bus and it said 2 hr 33min......................................
Yikes. I thought my 25 min. was a bit long.

Congrats on getting a job gurlfriend!
post #45 of 46
My commute by bus is not too different from car. The problem is that the bus never arrives on time, and due to cutbacks on the line, if I miss one because it came 6 minutes earlier than normal (I already get there 5-10 minutes before scheduled), I end up waiting another half an hour for the next bus.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Commuting