or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › LEMAIRE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LEMAIRE - Page 63

post #931 of 1144


Hm. I'd be wearing it in Canada. But not during super cold months, obviously. I guess the fabric just looked porous, i think? The cut is beautiful, and I love the shape of the lapels. But i'm on the fence!

post #932 of 1144

Anyone here knowledgeable in his older collections? Just got a fantastic double-breasted blazer I bought off ebay some week ago, very happy with it and curious if there's any chance he made some matching pants for it?

It seems it is the original "Christope Lemaire" tag that is still attached to it, which contains the following information in case it might help someone answer my question

 

1                                                                     H02

VESTE HOMME                              Mod: INCOM      

SERGE                                            Mat: SERGC

ROUGE SERGE                              Col: 1359

post #933 of 1144
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackoDo View Post
 


Hm. I'd be wearing it in Canada. But not during super cold months, obviously. I guess the fabric just looked porous, i think? The cut is beautiful, and I love the shape of the lapels. But i'm on the fence!

 

If the price is good it shouldn't be hard to flip if you end up not liking it.

But I don't think you would be disappointed. I don't own one, so I have no personal experience with them in the cold, but I've handled the one that I think you're referring to and the loose weave of it just gives it a great drape, it is still dense and heavy enough to keep you pretty warm.

post #934 of 1144
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackoDo View Post
 


Hm. I'd be wearing it in Canada. But not during super cold months, obviously. I guess the fabric just looked porous, i think? The cut is beautiful, and I love the shape of the lapels. But i'm on the fence!


Canadian here! A Maxi or Kaftan is more than enough to be me through Toronto winters 

post #935 of 1144
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post

If the price is good it shouldn't be hard to flip if you end up not liking it.
But I don't think you would be disappointed. I don't own one, so I have no personal experience with them in the cold, but I've handled the one that I think you're referring to and the loose weave of it just gives it a great drape, it is still dense and heavy enough to keep you pretty warm.
yeah? Okay, I think because the price is decent (I am getting it half off from a Montreal boutique) it might be worth it so long as the weave isn't as porous as the images might make it seem. I love the cut!
post #936 of 1144

hi. i recently got a jacket from around the same time as yours (considering the label i see on the picture) and mine had the year and collection on the care tag. you should check yours out, as it might help you on your search

post #937 of 1144

Looks like some new season AW stuff is now up at matches fashion

 

http://www.matchesfashion.com/au/mens/designers/lemaire

 

post #938 of 1144
haha that $300 neck canister is awful
post #939 of 1144
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post

haha that $300 neck canister is awful

For catching Pokemon tho.
post #940 of 1144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus72 View Post
 

hi. i recently got a jacket from around the same time as yours (considering the label i see on the picture) and mine had the year and collection on the care tag. you should check yours out, as it might help you on your search

You were correct, on the care-tag I found that it's from his FW 2001 collection. Unfortunately the only website that appears to have pictures of said collection is this one 

http://www.fashionanthology.com/?act=galleries&do=pics&rec=520961 

where you need both an account and subscription to watch all the pics in full-size. Unless I'm mistaken though I'm pretty sure I see my jacket in the bottom left corner of the miniature pics, just that it's in green instead of red, and in that pic there appears to be some matching pants making it a full suit.

 

WTB: Christophe Lemaire FW 2001 darkred suit pants :)

 

(and if anyone happens to have an account and subscription on that website and wouldn't mind helping me out with getting some proper pics, that'd be fantastic)

post #941 of 1144
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofyoung View Post
 

You were correct, on the care-tag I found that it's from his FW 2001 collection. Unfortunately the only website that appears to have pictures of said collection is this one 

http://www.fashionanthology.com/?act=galleries&do=pics&rec=520961 

where you need both an account and subscription to watch all the pics in full-size. Unless I'm mistaken though I'm pretty sure I see my jacket in the bottom left corner of the miniature pics, just that it's in green instead of red, and in that pic there appears to be some matching pants making it a full suit.

 

WTB: Christophe Lemaire FW 2001 darkred suit pants :)

 

(and if anyone happens to have an account and subscription on that website and wouldn't mind helping me out with getting some proper pics, that'd be fantastic)

 

cool... glad my suggestion helped. so both our jackets come from the same collection. mine is the one in the middle row with black (leather) detailing and it was also part of a suit. the colour's not green but a mustard-y yellow (actually woven from yellow and black threads). got it real cheap and like it because there's a big teddy boy/rock n' roll vibe and it'll look great if styled in a haider ackermann or hedi/saint laurent way

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

post #942 of 1144

Anyone have any maxi coat sizing advice? I've scoured the forum, and most answers say to size down. If measurements help: I am 5'11" and weigh about 140 lbs. I tend to fit between 46-48 in lemaire sizing, and thus is my dilemma! I realize there is only a marginal difference between both sizes, however any help would rock!!

post #943 of 1144
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackoDo View Post

Anyone have any maxi coat sizing advice? I've scoured the forum, and most answers say to size down. If measurements help: I am 5'11" and weigh about 140 lbs. I tend to fit between 46-48 in lemaire sizing, and thus is my dilemma! I realize there is only a marginal difference between both sizes, however any help would rock!!

Well, nicelynice says it fits huge, so you should probably go with the 46.
post #944 of 1144

AW Lemaire starting to pop up at

 

Ssense & at Need Supply



 

post #945 of 1144

You guys going to cop much from aw?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › LEMAIRE