or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only - Page 190

post #2836 of 3344
I Just got three pairs of these back from Crockett and Jones after being repaired at the factory, put them on the table at work then put on the others I had on hand. i think thats all the Chelsea's I have. The blue leather are Cleverley, the blue suede Paul Smith, theres a dainty no brand italian pair in black and some fake croc patent I think I got from Jones boot maker 10 years ago. All the rest are Crockett.

post #2837 of 3344
nod[1].gif
post #2838 of 3344

Something a bit more heavy duty for winter:

 

Vass Valways, F last

 

Oxblood calf uppers, black grain shaft

 

270 Norvegese

 

Heavy lugged vibram sole.

 

 

 

Hosting provided by FotoTimeHosting provided by FotoTimeHosting provided by FotoTimeHosting provided by FotoTime 

post #2839 of 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Something a bit more heavy duty for winter:

Vass Valways, F last

Oxblood calf uppers, black grain shaft

270 Norvegese

Heavy lugged vibram sole.


Nnn, those look like a shoe that couldn't quite decide on what it wanted to grow up to be... O_o Feels weird.
post #2840 of 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonVert View Post


Nnn, those look like a shoe that couldn't quite decide on what it wanted to grow up to be... O_o Feels weird.

 

Nnnno idea what you're talking about but ....oooookay.

post #2841 of 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Nnnno idea what you're talking about but ....oooookay.

Sharp, pointy, dressy tips, with a rather thin profile... and then you get hit with a oddly chunky sole. It's a rather jarring transition.
post #2842 of 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonVert View Post


Sharp, pointy, dressy tips, with a rather thin profile... and then you get hit with a oddly chunky sole. It's a rather jarring transition.


Don't be a *^&#.  So you don't like them, try to post something respectful, informative, or at least worth reading. 

post #2843 of 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonVert View Post


Sharp, pointy, dressy tips, with a rather thin profile... and then you get hit with a oddly chunky sole. It's a rather jarring transition.

 

You must be blind if you think the toe box is "sharp, pointy".  F last is a smooth, round toe.  And what the heck is a "thin profile"? Hey - it's more than okay if you don't like them - but you're not making a lot of sense.

post #2844 of 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post
 


Don't be a *^&#.  So you don't like them, try to post something respectful, informative, or at least worth reading. 

 

 

I think he's probably trying to be a $%#$ - but since I can barely understand what he's saying, I'm not really sure - lol! 

post #2845 of 3344
Roger, those look like an amazing pair of boots to go with professional clothing in a city with a lot of snow. If others disagree, I can only imagine that they aren't used to dressing professionally in bad weather. And that's fine.
post #2846 of 3344
it warms my heart to no end when RogerP posts pics of his boots and I happen to own some of the same ones.

It reminds me that I have some pretty awesome boots, but that I'm just a really average photographer.
post #2847 of 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlynerdy View Post

Roger, those look like an amazing pair of boots to go with professional clothing in a city with a lot of snow. If others disagree, I can only imagine that they aren't used to dressing professionally in bad weather. And that's fine.

 

Well you've certainly hit on the general idea.  I'm not lacking for full on dress boots, but these incorporate enough casual elements (1. derby boots, 2) with a grain shaft 3) contrasting in both texture and colour from the upper, 4) with heavy Norvegese stitching and 4) a lugged sole for tromping through snow) while still looking smart enough to avoid that bad 'construction boots with a suit' look that some resort to.

 

There are some days when wearing bal boots with a sleek single leather sole would be laughably ill-advised.

post #2848 of 3344

Winter boot ready some natural sun light pictures. Vass boot polo suede !!
post #2849 of 3344
^^^ the sunlight really brings out the red in that suede - nice!
post #2850 of 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

Something a bit more heavy duty for winter:

 

Vass Valways, F last

 

Oxblood calf uppers, black grain shaft

 

270 Norvegese

 

Heavy lugged vibram sole.

 

 

 

Hosting provided by FotoTimeHosting provided by FotoTimeHosting provided by FotoTimeHosting provided by FotoTime 

Loving these!!!  I am not a big Galway fan (don't hate me) but this style I really like.  I think it is the Vass F last and the chunkier sole.  This is a winner IMO!!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only