or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only - Page 182

post #2716 of 3468

Cobbler union does have a bunch of nice boots. Waiting for my next boot to come in. Take a look at their website.

post #2717 of 3468
I plan to wink.gif
post #2718 of 3468
Tod's



post #2719 of 3468
I like'em
post #2720 of 3468

Gents, 

 

My cousin is looking for some boots he can wear in the winter time, but his workplace is on the dressier side. Doesn't want to spend more than $400 and is a US9D. He likes the AE first avenue boots but wants something a little less expensive. Any ideas? 

 

edit: anything but Meermin. Also I learned nordstrom is having their annual sale near the end of July. Timing isn't a huge issue since he won't need boots before the winter, but if there's a better boot floating around for less I think he'd rather have that. And definitely not seconds through the shoe bank. 


Edited by rbhan12 - 6/17/16 at 10:34am
post #2721 of 3468
Meermin? They're relatively less expensive but I don't have any experience with them. One also needs to consider duty/tax on delivery. No shortage of dressier boots from them though
post #2722 of 3468
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPDarb View Post

Meermin? They're relatively less expensive but I don't have any experience with them. One also needs to consider duty/tax on delivery. No shortage of dressier boots from them though

Forgot to say. Anything but Meermin. Wouldn't dare recommend such an uncomfortable shoe to anyone, let alone a family member. 

post #2723 of 3468
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post
 

Forgot to say. Anything but Meermin. Wouldn't dare recommend such an uncomfortable shoe to anyone, let alone a family member. 


hahaha well that settles that then. I have heard breaking them in is a very long hard road. What about the jumper boot from CS carried by Skoak?

post #2724 of 3468
Those are amazing I love the color & patina job they do.
post #2725 of 3468
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post

Gents, 

My cousin is looking for some boots he can wear in the winter time, but his workplace is on the dressier side. Doesn't want to spend more than $400 and is a US9D. He likes the AE first avenue boots but wants something a little less expensive. Any ideas? 

edit: anything but Meermin. Also I learned nordstrom is having their annual sale near the end of July. Timing isn't a huge issue since he won't need boots before the winter, but if there's a better boot floating around for less I think he'd rather have that.

^^^
Try the shoe bank
post #2726 of 3468


What's the shoe bank?  Any chance of a link?

post #2727 of 3468
Quote:
Originally Posted by smc558 View Post
 


What's the shoe bank?  Any chance of a link?

The website through which Allen Edmonds sells their second-grade shoes. Can get a shoe that's seemingly perfect or something with flaws warranting a second-grading, such as a crooked captoe, messy brogueing, etc. Google shoe bank and you'll find it. 

post #2728 of 3468

Hey guys, I know these are not the kind of boot that you all wear but need some help on cleaning them up!!  I just used Saddle Soap so far but still dull looking.   I must admit they smell pretty good!  LOL

Should I use a Paste, a cream, Lexol, Obenauf LP or Bick 4.....or should a combination be used.   I have updated my shoe cleaning\polishing collections and have lots of boots to clean. 

Thanks

post #2729 of 3468
Little bit of suede cleaner on these. Not bad for three years old and they have quite a bit of wear.
post #2730 of 3468
Not at all! Sharp looking and much better broken in 😊
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only