Coniston boot correct?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 2/17/17 at 9:05am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:01 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:52 pm in Classic Menswear
A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
Last edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only - Page 141post #2101 of 37121/1/16 at 1:51pmpost #2102 of 37121/1/16 at 2:50pmpost #2103 of 37121/3/16 at 10:25am
Hello all, I am trying to organize a Bonafe brown hippo GMTO through SoleGarb. Below is a x-post from the Bonafe GMTO thread, where further discussion will continue.
Friends, I am doing an interest check for a GMTO of Enzo Bonafe HIPPOPOTAMUS leather boots, through SoleGarb.
To start, please understand that this GMTO will have an unusually long lead time, on the order of 8-10 months from deposit. This is because SoleGarb will source the leather themselves, and because extensive CITES documentation is necessary to ensure the legality of these hides and move them back and forth between countries.
As with other Bonafe GMTOs, any makeup is permitted, so long as we have at least 3 participants for each. For the purposes of this project, single MTOs will not be permitted. At the very least, the following design will get made, as it’s the one I’ll be participating in, myself. It’s been inspired by this pair of Vass hippo boots by fellow member Ghosty06Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- Model: 3824 modified
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- Last: 363 MOD (tentative, may change to 74945
- Leather: Chocolate brown hippo
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- Welt: Chain-stitched Goyser with dark brown thread Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- Sole: Dainite
- Edging: TBD (either dark brown or black)
- Eyelets: 5 regular and 4 speedhooks (antique brass)
For US participants, pricing will land around $875 shipped. This number could deviate slightly for ex-US friends, due to changes in shipping and import fees for hippo. You’ll definitely have the final price before committing.
What do I do now?:
At this time, this is purely an interest check, so that we can get an idea of how many hides need to be sourced. Just let me know if you might be interested, either in the design above or another.
It is not a commitment, though I will kindly ask that you only express interest if there is say, at least a 50-50 chance of you actually following through. As a previous GMTO organizer, it’s rather frustrating when over half your interested parties drop out or worse, go radio silent.
There is a chance that pitch black hippo will also be available, which will be confirmed next week.
I have borrowed pictures from what I believe to be the public domain. If yours is used, and you’d like me to remove it, please let me know!post #2104 of 37121/5/16 at 5:40ampost #2105 of 37121/5/16 at 5:51ampost #2106 of 37121/5/16 at 5:52ampost #2107 of 37121/5/16 at 1:53pmQuote:
They look so much richer than the skoak pics.
Excellent choice as always, and they still have my size......post #2108 of 37121/6/16 at 1:22ampost #2109 of 37121/6/16 at 2:32amThread StarterQuote:
I don't know about that. It may not be specifically what they are known for, but they certainly have a few really great models. This includes the Arran which is one of the best looking chukkas out there, the Thorpe which is an extremely nice looking split toe, the Burnham which is a fabulous looking chelsea which is also one of the better looking ones out there, and the Wigmore which is a great looking balmorial. They also recently came out with the Glencoe a derby which is new to their line. When it comes to sleek and dressy they are about the best in the business.post #2110 of 37121/6/16 at 3:13ampost #2111 of 37121/6/16 at 5:09ampost #2112 of 37121/6/16 at 5:17ampost #2113 of 37121/6/16 at 5:57ampost #2114 of 37121/6/16 at 6:00am
@winston - I checked and sorry, don't have any closeups. I'll post some pics after they have been worn a few more times and try to include some of those in the mix. They've already had one short wearing and one full day. Out of the box comfort is superb and I'm really enjoying the aesthetics of the burgundy CXL. Definitely need more CXL in my life in general.post #2115 of 37121/6/16 at 5:12pm
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › How to Create a Mirror Shine 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 15 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 20 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 21 minutes ago
- › The best value vendors I've found so far 22 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 23 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 23 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...