or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only - Page 126

post #1876 of 3340
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post


Dan, I don't yet own any Trumans so don't know a heck of a lot about them. Also don't own any Whites. I've read through the Truman thread and was quite impressed. Vince, the owner, seems like a good guy who really is passionate about his boots and loves what he does. I like the story behind that. The quality all around seems on par with Viberg from what I've read.

What's amazing is how much they look like Vibergs. Construction seems quite similar as well. One drawback, well two, is the lack of variety in the leathers (as it's a small operation), and the wait times. It's basically like waiting for an MTO. The other thing is he only has one last and one width right now.

I like variety and new experiences so will give them a try when an interesting leather comes along.

Thanks for the info, so from wat you've read does it appear as though even though the selection is limited does it appears as though the leather is on par quality wise with what you would get from Viberg.

post #1877 of 3340
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post

what's my best bet for a black calf balmoral boot with leather sole, with a shaft that's not too high (Carmina's are too high for my liking).  Price range is up to $550.

Bal boots will typically be pretty high. How about the carmina 973 in black calf via Skoak. Much shorter shaft.

In spain we have a brand that is awesome his balmoral boot, the name is tallsem... Is great and very affordable


Enviado desde mi zapato con Tapatalk
post #1878 of 3340
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
 

Thanks for the info, so from wat you've read does it appear as though even though the selection is limited does it appears as though the leather is on par quality wise with what you would get from Viberg.

 

It appears to be so from what I've read.  In addition to Horween, Truman has recently started getting leather from CF Stead, giving them even more breadth and variety in what will be offered.  Because it's such a small operation, it appears that you have to jump pretty quickly when you see a popular or unique leather being offered, as the allotment seems to sell out pretty quickly.

post #1879 of 3340
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post
 

 

It appears to be so from what I've read.  In addition to Horween, Truman has recently started getting leather from CF Stead, giving them even more breadth and variety in what will be offered.  Because it's such a small operation, it appears that you have to jump pretty quickly when you see a popular or unique leather being offered, as the allotment seems to sell out pretty quickly.

They're current lineup looks fairly interesting​, and I'll certainly have to keep an eye on them.

 

 

I just ordered another boot this week however, so I'm not quite ready to get yet another right now.

post #1880 of 3340

Any suggestions on shoe trees you guys use that are great for 6 inch boots? I just bought some RW Iron Rangers and want to help them maintain their shape when im not wearing them, plus the moisture absorption of the cedar is a plus as well. 

post #1881 of 3340
Woodlore Epic twin tube
post #1882 of 3340
First wear. Have been in the closet for a long while.



post #1883 of 3340
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrep View Post

First wear. Have been in the closet for a long while.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



G&G? Awesome looking boot icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #1884 of 3340
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrep View Post

First wear. Have been in the closet for a long while.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Beautiful boots!

post #1885 of 3340
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrep View Post

First wear. Have been in the closet for a long while.



killing it 

Perfect burnishing on those 

post #1886 of 3340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawl Lapel View Post


G&G? Awesome looking boot icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
 

Beautiful boots!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
 

killing it 

Perfect burnishing on those 

 

Thanks guys.  They are actually Cobbler Union.

post #1887 of 3340
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrep View Post

First wear. Have been in the closet for a long while.


 

Very nice.

post #1888 of 3340
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrep View Post

First wear. Have been in the closet for a long while. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



A fine outfit, euro.
post #1889 of 3340
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrep View Post

First wear. Have been in the closet for a long while.



Love the trousers (and boots combination). Any more details on the trousers or the fabric?
post #1890 of 3340
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzWino View Post

Love the trousers (and boots combination). Any more details on the trousers or the fabric?

Many thanks. Trousers are PT01 but there was no fabric info listed inside the pant. Just that they are 120s.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only