or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only - Page 121

post #1801 of 3350
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post

I picked these up on my recent trip to London..... anyone want to guess the maker and model?? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)









 

lovely boots!  JLP does mottled calf so well !

post #1802 of 3350
Boots du (rainy) jour

post #1803 of 3350
^ Oscar last?
post #1804 of 3350
^ You got it.
post #1805 of 3350

Oscar is a bertter last for boots than Forest, IMO.  Unfortunately my boots are on the Forest last. Nice boots Budapest12.

post #1806 of 3350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post

Oscar is a bertter last for boots than Forest, IMO.  Unfortunately my boots are on the Forest last. Nice boots Budapest12.

I quite agree. And THE top choice for a jumper boot.
post #1807 of 3350
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post


I quite agree. And THE top choice for a jumper boot.

I would totally agree on this point with all of you too. I thought I would "require" the rain last in my carmina, but took a shot when I ordered my first pr of jumpers and absolutely love them, for me that is. Gabriel had even suggested I get a half size up, which I did in with my black jumpers and plan to wear thicker seasonal socks with, but they fit just perfect, just the right amount of snugness. 

Never have tried any boot in the forest last but my next pair of Jodhpurs I've been eyeing is on that last though...

post #1808 of 3350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post

Oscar is a bertter last for boots than Forest, IMO.  Unfortunately my boots are on the Forest last. Nice boots Budapest12.
Thanks. I like the Oscar last a lot but there is room in my heart for Forest last. My first shell boots, first Carminas, and first real purchase facilitated by SF (via Epaulet) are burgundy shell Forest last wingtip boots. I might not go for another pair in this last - it is not my favorite - yet that pair is easily my most worn pair of boots. Very comfortable and the last works well for the wingtip style. But to each their own. I probably like Rain last the most.
post #1809 of 3350
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post


Thanks. I like the Oscar last a lot but there is room in my heart for Forest last. My first shell boots, first Carminas, and first real purchase facilitated by SF (via Epaulet) are burgundy shell Forest last wingtip boots. I might not go for another pair in this last - it is not my favorite - yet that pair is easily my most worn pair of boots. Very comfortable and the last works well for the wingtip style. But to each their own. I probably like Rain last the most.

budapest, so what is it that you don't "prefer" or like about the Robert last compared to the Oscar?

post #1810 of 3350
^ Do you mean Rain? To be clear I meant forest is not my favorite although I do like it for some styles.

I like Rain most just for aesthetics and fit. No experience with Robert though it looks good.
post #1811 of 3350
Oscar = best jumper boot last. Robert = best bal boot last. IMO, natch.
post #1812 of 3350

+1.  To me Rain is one of the two best last that I have in my closet.

post #1813 of 3350

The Oscar last is my second best fitting last across all manufacturers.  They fit really well.

post #1814 of 3350

post #1815 of 3350

Are those oiled teak or brown calf Consitons? Of course I might be completely wrong on both accounts haha

 

Regardless, they look awesome

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only