I like that watch too...can't justify the cost though
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's Scarves : Show Us Your Favorites, How You Wear Them, What You Like.... Last post on 3/15/15 at 5:00pm in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Roundup - Week of February 15 Last post on 2/15/15 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- PITTI UOMO 87: LET'S PITTI Last post on 1/16/15 at 1:10pm in Classic Menswear
- NWT Drake's London Ties - Shantung, Grenadine, and a Cashmere Last post on 1/8/15 at 8:26pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Mr. Porter Kingsman collection - Page 3
Colin got it right
"An Oxford shoe is characterized by shoelace eyelets tabs that are attached under the vamp, a feature termed "closed lacing". This contrasts with Derbys, or Blüchers, which have shoelace eyelets attached to the top of the vamp."
I think you misread what I wrote. That explanation is in line with my understanding, but in the movie the Oxford is described as an open-laced shoe, which would be incorrect.
There was also a line from Mark Strong about how "A bespoke suit always fits." This isn't entirely correct either, since the bespoke process as I understand it usually requires multiple fittings, and that scene was the first time Eggsy would wear his bespoke suit.
Great movie, but perhaps the writers could have consulted a little more with the costume designers.
I really liked the tie they made - a striped grenadine with a dark red stripe through the white, a nice touch on the normal repp tie
It's sold out, and they won't be restocking it.
Also, does anyone know who made the DB suits for the movie? (I know Huntsman does the RTW Kingsman stuff for Mr.Porter) but did they do the actual ones used in the movie?
Edited by venividivicibj - 6/4/15 at 3:38pm
ended up getting the last Kingsman Tux in 42L and 36 pants from Mr Porter! Says it fits small but I hope I didn't size up too much (usually wear 42R in RLBL but I need to lengthen the sleeves). If it doesn't fit, then it'll likely be back on porter! Anyone have thoughts on quality of the kingsman suits/tuxes at 50%-60% off?
I haven't heard anything real regarding Huntsman making either the suits for the movie or the collection (everything just says that Huntsman served as inspiration for the collection and movie), but found this article on financial times:
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 seconds ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 1 minute ago
- › Wool sweater care + H&M sizing 3 minutes ago
- › HOW TO DETERMINE HAND SEWN SLEEVES/SHOULDER 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 16 minutes ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info 21 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 23 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway