or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Truman Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Truman Boots - Page 50

post #736 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by FENWAY View Post

Not sure about the lasts, but my Trumans are wider, less sleek with a rounder toe than the 2030. On my way out for a short hike now with them. Wouldn't even consider using my 2030's in the woods.

 

 

could u share some photos please? someone posted these photos a few pages back and trumans look pretty much identical to viberg 2030 last

 

 

Left: Viberg 2030

Right: Truman

 

 

 

 

 

post #737 of 1292
There might be new lasts in the future. When I met with Vince a few weeks ago, he spoke about many different ways to expand Truman offerings. He recently posted a photo on Instagram of some derby shoes that looked great...so I bet we will see those before we see new lasts.

With the disclaimer that my feet are narrow and low volume, I can say the Truman last is comfortable and functional for hikes, though I wouldn't call them hiking boots, exactly. With the right sole and proper fit, you should be good for miles.
post #738 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalomp View Post
 

 

 

could u share some photos please? someone posted these photos a few pages back and trumans look pretty much identical to viberg 2030 last

 

 

Left: Viberg 2030

Right: Truman

 

 

 

 

 

I will take the credit for that.

Next time quote, please. 

post #739 of 1292
Have to say that picture makes them look exact...in person mine do not seem nearly that close...I know it has been discussed and probably answered bit I wonder if those blue ones were machine lasted and unstructured toe..

When I get home I will do a side by side and probably be shocked when they look the same lol
post #740 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Have to say that picture makes them look exact...in person mine do not seem nearly that close...I know it has been discussed and probably answered bit I wonder if those blue ones were machine lasted and unstructured toe..

When I get home I will do a side by side and probably be shocked when they look the same lol

They were machine lasted with unstructured toe, correct.

post #741 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Have to say that picture makes them look exact...in person mine do not seem nearly that close...I know it has been discussed and probably answered bit I wonder if those blue ones were machine lasted and unstructured toe..

When I get home I will do a side by side and probably be shocked when they look the same lol

They were machine lasted with unstructured toe, correct.

Which makes me believe I was the bozo who asked that last time...lol...Thanks! I can not wait until my blue ones arrive....

 

Man I am still fighting hard as hell not to get the shrunken bison...

post #742 of 1292
I measure an 8.5 on the brannock. Would I go with size 8 if I was wearing thinner socks?
post #743 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirling View Post

There might be new lasts in the future. When I met with Vince a few weeks ago, he spoke about many different ways to expand Truman offerings. He recently posted a photo on Instagram of some derby shoes that looked great...so I bet we will see those before we see new lasts.

With the disclaimer that my feet are narrow and low volume, I can say the Truman last is comfortable and functional for hikes, though I wouldn't call them hiking boots, exactly. With the right sole and proper fit, you should be good for miles.


Thanks for the heads up.  Those derbies look great.  Hopefully they get made.

post #744 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith View Post

I measure an 8.5 on the brannock. Would I go with size 8 if I was wearing thinner socks?

I'm 8.5D on the Brannock Device and I went TTS. It's snug with medium socks. A size 8 can probably work with thin socks.

post #745 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by biabia View Post

I'm 8.5D on the Brannock Device and I went TTS. It's snug with medium socks. A size 8 can probably work with thin socks.

I am somewhere between a 10C and a 10.5C on the Brannock Device--maybe closer to 10.5C. My feet are also fairly "low volume." I went with a 10 and find them to fit very well. They were snug like new boots should be over my forefeet. There is plenty of room lengthwise...I like a half inch in front of my longest toes. This is all wearing medium-weight cotton or wool socks...not heavy boot socks...not dress socks.

YMMV, but I would say go TTS unless your feet are noticeably narrower and lower volume than average, in which case you should probably go down a half size. I can't say personally, but I would imagine guys with wider or higher volume feet might want to go up a half size, though the boots might start to feel too long.

Also, though it can sometimes be uncomfortable, wearing new boots with really thin socks can work until the boots stretch out a bit, but remember that boots don't stretch length-wise, only width-wise...never buy (or return if you do buy) a boot where your toes can touch the front of the boot.
post #746 of 1292
Any pics of the Dark Olive leather in the wild?
post #747 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by FENWAY View Post

Any pics of the Dark Olive leather in the wild?

 

Nice leather - I would like to see it too. I would be all over that in a derby shoe. 

post #748 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirling View Post


I am somewhere between a 10C and a 10.5C on the Brannock Device--maybe closer to 10.5C. My feet are also fairly "low volume." I went with a 10 and find them to fit very well. They were snug like new boots should be over my forefeet. There is plenty of room lengthwise...I like a half inch in front of my longest toes. This is all wearing medium-weight cotton or wool socks...not heavy boot socks...not dress socks.

YMMV, but I would say go TTS unless your feet are noticeably narrower and lower volume than average, in which case you should probably go down a half size. I can't say personally, but I would imagine guys with wider or higher volume feet might want to go up a half size, though the boots might start to feel too long.

Also, though it can sometimes be uncomfortable, wearing new boots with really thin socks can work until the boots stretch out a bit, but remember that boots don't stretch length-wise, only width-wise...never buy (or return if you do buy) a boot where your toes can touch the front of the boot.

 

I hope he starts making C's.

post #749 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

I hope he starts making C's.

His D's are fairly snug...if one get wear any D's, I think one would stand a good shot with Trumans.
post #750 of 1292
Couple of new makeups at Mildblend Supply. Java waxed flesh and natty CXL. Saw them in Heddels Instagram.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Truman Boots