or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Truman Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Truman Boots - Page 30

post #436 of 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post
 


Check your email vince usually responds within the day.I think most folks are going up 1/2 size from the alden barrie . Cant help with the wifes sizes

Thanks, I was checking my email regularly, I sent my first request last week and the 2nd one 2 days ago, no replies from Truman so far.

post #437 of 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyd00d View Post

Thanks, I was checking my email regularly, I sent my first request last week and the 2nd one 2 days ago, no replies from Truman so far.

His online contact form doesn't always work. I'll send you a PM with his email. As for sizing I think 90% of people go with their true brannock sizing. That's what I did and my boots should be here in a week or so. If you don't know your brannock size go get it checked out.
post #438 of 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdes81 View Post
 

GMTO Trumans in Whiskey Cavalier Bison:

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Commence non-buyers remorse for not being on this GMTO. I was in the middle of a few other acquisitions at the time, and didn't think I "needed" these. Boy was I wrong! Great looking boot. Hopefully Vince stocks that leather so I can jump on.

post #439 of 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdes81 View Post
 

GMTO Trumans in Whiskey Cavalier Bison:

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Commence non-buyers remorse for not being on this GMTO. I was in the middle of a few other acquisitions at the time, and didn't think I "needed" these. Boy was I wrong! Great looking boot. Hopefully Vince stocks that leather so I can jump on.

 

I agree completely....I have some Java Waxed on order to help ease my pain

post #440 of 1324
Just got my madone. there are some marks on the leather edge. How to remove them?

post #441 of 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekalog View Post

Just got my madone. there are some marks on the leather edge. How to remove them?
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Try rubbing with your finger...they are pattern marks and should come off fairly easy...even a good brushing may do it

post #442 of 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekalog View Post

Just got my madone. there are some marks on the leather edge. How to remove them?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Just looks like normal stacked leather. The patterning will fade and the leather color darken as you wear them. If you want a more even appearance and don't mind accelerating the darkening you could use a bit of boot oil or neutral shoe cream.
post #443 of 1324

i've been looking for a black boot and hoping to branch out from Red Wing. The waxed black flesh look great

post #444 of 1324

I'm considering getting a pair of the Smooth Waxy Mohawk in Snuff. However I'm trying to decide whether I should request a gusseted tongue or not. Anyone have any thoughts on this. The one thing I don't want to end up with is the tongue that travels like the one on my Indys.

post #445 of 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

I'm considering getting a pair of the Smooth Waxy Mohawk in Snuff. However I'm trying to decide whether I should request a gusseted tongue or not. Anyone have any thoughts on this. The one thing I don't want to end up with is the tongue that travels like the one on my Indys.

I have a non gusset tongue and it is fine...that being said I would have preferred it and vince from what I gather is now doing gusset standard.

I have a roughout tongue with leather laces so that may be holding it also
post #446 of 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post


I have a non gusset tongue and it is fine...that being said I would have preferred it and vince from what I gather is now doing gusset standard.

I have a roughout tongue with leather laces so that may be holding it also


Thank you sir.

 

I noticed one of the boots on their website had it in the description and at least one had mentioned they would have preferred it. I'm just looking for input at this point. I do wish I could find someone who had purchased this leather to get a better idea as to what I might be getting as well.


Edited by dddrees - 11/21/15 at 5:14pm
post #447 of 1324
No tongue travel on my non-gusseted pair. And I do have that problem with other boots. Believe the gusset is standard. Most people were ordering it that way so Vince decided to go with it as the default.
post #448 of 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

No tongue travel on my non-gusseted pair. And I do have that problem with other boots. Believe the gusset is standard. Most people were ordering it that way so Vince decided to go with it as the default.

Thanks Frank, and I did email Vince to see what he had to say with regards to a gusseted tongue on these boots.


I really like how these boots look, I do wish I could find someone who already has these specific boots however. I'd like to get their thoughts on the waxy Mohawk leather.
post #449 of 1324

So after a weekend I am still waiting for a reply from Truman regarding my sizing. Does it normally take this long to get a reply from them? I am very keen to get a couple of pairs for me and my wife, but I am not getting anywhere with my emails. I have tried the 'contact us' function on their website, and have sent a couple of emails directly to their email address.

post #450 of 1324
I'm sure they'll say it's because they're busy crafting boots. Even more frustrating is being in Week #8 C'mon Man
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Truman Boots