or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Truman Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Truman Boots - Page 23

post #331 of 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by garland View Post
 

 

Andy, these rock! Whats your thought on the Madone leather? And is your toe structured or not? 

 

Hey Kyle, Madone is excellent. Very soft but still rugged. I wore the boots all weekend, and they're getting better with wear. I'm looking forward to them getting a little beat up. And yes, @Matthew Cruz is correct, the toe is structured, as is standard for Truman.

post #332 of 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
 

 And yes, @Matthew Cruz is correct, the toe is structured, as is standard for Truman.

 

partially or fully structured? :)

post #333 of 1424
Vince isn't doing partial as far as I know. The options right now are all or nothing. Here's a shot of my unstructured next to my structured trumans.

post #334 of 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Cruz View Post

Vince isn't doing partial as far as I know. The options right now are all or nothing. Here's a shot of my unstructured next to my structured trumans. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Thanks, helpful comparison.

post #335 of 1424
Thread Starter 
How much toe room do you guys generally have? I just got mine and my boots seem really long. I have a ton of toe room.
post #336 of 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloridafan93 View Post

How much toe room do you guys generally have? I just got mine and my boots seem really long. I have a ton of toe room.

I have wiggle room but not anything excessive on length. Did you size to your brannock?
post #337 of 1424
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

I have wiggle room but not anything excessive on length. Did you size to your brannock?

Yeah I thought I did. I have at least an inch of space from the end of my big toe.
post #338 of 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloridafan93 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

I have wiggle room but not anything excessive on length. Did you size to your brannock?

Yeah I thought I did. I have at least an inch of space from the end of my big toe.

I am a 13e brannock and ordered a 13...both sides of my feet have the widest part hitting exactly the widest part of the boot. My figer nail is basically at the tip of my big toe



For reference I am a 12 in viberg 2030 and 2045 and 12 barrie and trubalance and 13E on ae 511 last
post #339 of 1424
I am a 7.5e on the brannock and wear a 7eee on the allen Edmonds 65 last. I am a bit worried trumans are not wide enough for me, but would like to order a pair. Is there a boot out there from AE or alden that is similar in fit and width? I am in nyc so trying those two brands on for size comparison won't be a problem.

Would I be better off with a 7.5 or 8 in truman, or would neither fit?
post #340 of 1424
To me they fit very similar to the Barrie last with a bit more toe room.
post #341 of 1424
I did a fit comparison on my blog (Leathershoereview). I have slightly less than a half inch from the tip of my Trumans in 10.5. I'm a 9.5eee in AE's 65 last (strands, park aves), or a 10E in the 1 last (Leeds, Dundees). Vince's lasting is very consistent too, versus AE, which I noticed can vary wildly.

For they people that don't have AE's to try on, both of my Vibergs are 1035 last, size 10, and they have slightly more room in the toebox than my Trumans, but I think that's because I have more wear on them. Stitchdown constructed boots seem to get wider, as they break in. I remember my Vibergs feeling narrow when I first wore them. Now I can wear them with thick socks like anonomous ism, without any issue. When I wear thick socks on my Trumans, they're super snug.

Vince always said, he wouldn't want to put someone in the wrong fit. I'm sure you could exchange them for a half size down. @gfloridafan93
post #342 of 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsnyc View Post

I am a 7.5e on the brannock and wear a 7eee on the allen Edmonds 65 last. I am a bit worried trumans are not wide enough for me, but would like to order a pair. Is there a boot out there from AE or alden that is similar in fit and width? I am in nyc so trying those two brands on for size comparison won't be a problem.

Would I be better off with a 7.5 or 8 in truman, or would neither fit?

 

I would go with 7.5 from Vince - I wear a 12eee on the AE 65 last for balmorals and 12E for blutcher. Vince's boot is a tad snug on me across the vamp were the bottom eyelets are - that loosened up after two wears and I can easily wear a nice medium weight sock with them.

post #343 of 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsnyc View Post

I am a 7.5e on the brannock and wear a 7eee on the allen Edmonds 65 last. I am a bit worried trumans are not wide enough for me, but would like to order a pair. Is there a boot out there from AE or alden that is similar in fit and width? I am in nyc so trying those two brands on for size comparison won't be a problem.

Would I be better off with a 7.5 or 8 in truman, or would neither fit?

You might want to try White's, which have every width you can think of..
post #344 of 1424
Anyone interested in my two tone Trumans size 10.5? If so I might list it in the classifieds. Not sure if I'm allowed to yet, since I'm a new member here. I have too many boots right now, and need to make room for more (small closet).

Edited by Matthew Cruz - 10/23/15 at 5:50am
post #345 of 1424

 

Got these enroute, so excited! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Truman Boots