Related Forum Threads
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek... Last post on Today at 8:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Automatic vs. quartz Last post on 11/17/15 at 5:14am in Classic Menswear
Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com? - Page 3post #31 of 485/6/10 at 12:30pm+1 to Prestige Time being great. I've ordered from them once (a ladies Jaeger Reverso) that arrived with a discoloration on the dial. They accepted the return no questions asked and paid shipping both ways. Highly recommend any seller that takes care of a problem in this manner. Buy with confidence.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32 of 485/6/10 at 2:21pmpost #33 of 485/6/10 at 2:45pmThread Starterpost #34 of 485/6/10 at 2:59pmpost #35 of 485/6/10 at 3:17pmpost #36 of 485/6/10 at 3:57pmpost #37 of 483/21/11 at 6:47pmQuote:Many grey market dealers offer the manufacturer warranty so prestigetime is actually a bit behind the game.
edit: On most ETA movement watches (Omega, Breitling etc), I wouldn't care about a manufacturer warranty versus a dealers warranty as those watches can be fixed by a trained monkey. For the JLC or the other higher end brands, I'd probably want the manufacturer warranty.
Figured i'd use this thread rather than creating a new one, but could anyone recommend a grey market/non authorized dealer who also offers a manufacturer warranty?
I'm after a JLC and have already tried Zeetan, however he doesn't have the particular model and won't source one due to the low US$ meaning his prices will be similar to the US dealers.
I've also had a look at prestigetime & authenticwatches, but niether of them offer a manufacturer warranty, at least not on the one i'm after.
Cheerspost #38 of 485/15/12 at 7:56am
Bought from Zeetan Asked for New Watch Omega 45.5 Caliber 8500, Zeetan replied that watch is new never worn I received used watch or I could guess show room sample
No tags, missing plastic covers, scratch on the buckle ,Box is old dirty and with scratch marks inside and out Whole package was not up to cost of the watch with all fees and charges
$5K Yes it less than $6200MSRP but Look if you need NEW watch you should buy from Authorized dealer NOT ZEETAN or other guys who got their watches god knows from where. I contact Zeetan asked him for discount for USED watch had no reply back, asked for NEW box after sending me another crappy box that was scratched all over the place He finally send me a NEW box thanks for MY $5K Don't kid yourself if you want piece of mind 100% authenticity 100% back up of Manufacturer buy from Authorized Dealer Otherwise it is just Gamble, some guys offer to return the watch but look do you want to stay without watch even used and money? plus to issue the refund is UP to dealer Who usually located half around the world In addition want to mentioned some other watch forums Watchnet .com for example is totally run by dealers and you hardly get any truthful information on them, all complains about their dealers even grey one like Zeetan are watched very carefully and all threads that are expose them are being removed very quickly So Good Luck!post #39 of 488/2/12 at 6:37pm
I ordered a watch which was nearly $1000. For this I got a watch with a dead battery and a missing warranty card which they said they would put in. I now have to get the battery replaced and have nothing to give as a birthday present. Spend a little extra and go to an authorized dealer, they are not an authorized Longines dealer. You get what you pay for and won't end up with a faulty watch which doesn't come with a warranty.post #40 of 488/25/12 at 1:31pmAnother pleasant experience with prestige time. An associate called to confirm if I am okay with delay delivery because the watch was out of stock. The watch came in a few days later ahead of schedule. Also the pick up experience with FedEx is smooth. The watch is real. The only drawback is that it doesn't come with manufacturer warranty. But I am willing forgo that with the price saving. If some thing does go wrong you still have the warranty from prestige times.
Prestige Times is the real deal!post #41 of 488/25/12 at 8:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Badwatch
I ordered a watch which was nearly $1000. For this I got a watch with a dead battery and a missing warranty card which they said they would put in. I now have to get the battery replaced and have nothing to give as a birthday present. Spend a little extra and go to an authorized dealer, they are not an authorized Longines dealer. You get what you pay for and won't end up with a faulty watch which doesn't come with a warranty.
You bought a $1000 watch and it takes batteries?post #42 of 488/26/12 at 2:28ampost #43 of 488/26/12 at 7:31ampost #44 of 488/26/12 at 10:14amJust b/c people are happy with this website, that does NOT mean the watches are not counterfeit.
You can not tell a fake unless you open it up, and even then it's very difficult.
My friend has had his fakes serviced by Torneau and they had no idea they were fakes.
The fakes are that good.
- Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com?
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Levi's 501s vs. Levi's 505s 3 minutes ago
- › JB0625 13.5oz Sulphur Dyed Selvedge Denim in Indigo/Indigo - High... 5 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...