or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Toronto Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Toronto Thread - Page 268

post #4006 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Happening right now. No discount on MTM during events anymore, but I think they're offering free surgeon cuffs or something.

Thanks for the Intel.

Need two suits and will stop by. On average, what are the prices? Looking for around $1200 per suit..
post #4007 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

Thanks for the Intel.

Need two suits and will stop by. On average, what are the prices? Looking for around $1200 per suit..

I think MTM now starts at $1500. The glory days of cheap MTM are over (unless you can wait till Jan/Feb when they roll out clearance fabrics).
post #4008 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

I think MTM now starts at $1500. The glory days of cheap MTM are over (unless you can wait till Jan/Feb when they roll out clearance fabrics).


Damn, might bite the bullet..
post #4009 of 4449
I may was well put this here

We're excited to announce the following Fall events at Robert Jones Menswear:

September 27, 28: Kiton Trunk Show

October 18, 19: Edward Green Trunk Show

October 25, 26: Finamore Napoli & Sartorio Trunk Show

We also have a ton of wonderful new product for Fall/Winter 2016-2017, including new items from Pal Zileri, Kiton, Inis Meain, K-Red, Finamore Napoli, Marinella, and Sealup.
post #4010 of 4449

Any thoughts on where to get a nice (hand rolled) solid white, linen pocket square? I don't really want to spend more than $50, but I could be convinced otherwise.

 

I took the plunge on a tuxedo from Suit Supply, and oddly I have silk but not solid linen PS.

 

Trying to decide if I should get white braces or can 'get by' on my navy or burgundy ones. I suppose no one is ever supposed to see your braces anyway...

post #4011 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chambertin View Post
 

Any thoughts on where to get a nice (hand rolled) solid white, linen pocket square? I don't really want to spend more than $50, but I could be convinced otherwise.

 

I took the plunge on a tuxedo from Suit Supply, and oddly I have silk but not solid linen PS.

 

Trying to decide if I should get white braces or can 'get by' on my navy or burgundy ones. I suppose no one is ever supposed to see your braces anyway...

Kent Wang has a nice one for 20$ US. 

post #4012 of 4449

You can get a multi-pack at brooks brothers for $30

post #4013 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chambertin View Post
 

Any thoughts on where to get a nice (hand rolled) solid white, linen pocket square? I don't really want to spend more than $50, but I could be convinced otherwise.

 

I took the plunge on a tuxedo from Suit Supply, and oddly I have silk but not solid linen PS.

 

Trying to decide if I should get white braces or can 'get by' on my navy or burgundy ones. I suppose no one is ever supposed to see your braces anyway...

You could probably find some suspenders at one of the vintage shops downtown or in Kensington Market or something

post #4014 of 4449

Thanks for the suggestions, the Kent Wang stuff looks good, but I think I'll checkout BB in person. I didn't even think of Brooks Brothers, thanks!

post #4015 of 4449

Where would you guys suggest shopping for chelsea boots?

post #4016 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by toplel View Post

Where would you guys suggest shopping for chelsea boots?

It really depends on your budget. How much are you willing to spend? Does it have to be local or is online okay?

Regardless, I can't think of too many local places that stock "quality" Chelsea boots.
post #4017 of 4449

Hard to tell right now, a lot of shops are just getting their fall/winter stock so the selection for boots is somewhat limited. 

 

When it comes to boots I say go big or go home. They are more versatile than an oxford so you'll get more use of them and they are usually up against rougher conditions. 

post #4018 of 4449
On the topic of winter. I take all my dress shoes to my work and change into them in winter. I would wear boots and then change into my nice shoes.

What do you folks do?
post #4019 of 4449
I bought a pair of zip up galoshes from swims. They're great, water sealed and allow me to move around outside between meetings or after work without having to change
post #4020 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by akoustas View Post

I bought a pair of zip up galoshes from swims. They're great, water sealed and allow me to move around outside between meetings or after work without having to change

What do you do with them when you, say, get to the meeting?
I tried one winter those slip on galoshes, and the problem is I don't know what to do with them when I take them off. It would be OK if I'm sitting in the office whole day, but I have to move from meeting to meeting...

I realized good shoes or boots with either rubber outer sole or sole protectors are good enough.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Toronto Thread