or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Toronto Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Toronto Thread - Page 208

post #3106 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs77 View Post

The email was:

"To activate Harry’s Stimulus Package, please click the link below and you’ll receive a verification message that a $50 credit on your next purchase of $200 or more before tax will be activated within 24 hours for in store use only; credit expires as of May 15, 2016."

It also mentioned somewhere it applies to full price items only, and some brands are excluded: Tom Ford, Zegna...

So is there anything in HR that is good value at full retail?

Tilford shirts with Thomas Mason fabrics are a good value.
post #3107 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Tilford shirts with Thomas Mason fabrics are a good value.

Thank you :-)
Was thinking of shirt
post #3108 of 4449
Actually, I'll also add their mtm dress shirts as an option.

They have a great selection of shirting. I'm thinking of using the coupon for that.
post #3109 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs77 View Post

The email was:

"To activate Harry’s Stimulus Package, please click the link below and you’ll receive a verification message that a $50 credit on your next purchase of $200 or more before tax will be activated within 24 hours for in store use only; credit expires as of May 15, 2016."

It also mentioned somewhere it applies to full price items only, and some brands are excluded: Tom Ford, Zegna...

So is there anything in HR that is good value at full retail?

 

I think their jeans (J Brand, Nudie, etc.) are good value because their prices are basically the same as everyone else's. I also like Saxx underwear.

post #3110 of 4449
^^SAXX underwear is great. Especially in cotton, no riding up issues. Plenty of sales on their website as well.
post #3111 of 4449
Hey guys,

Just an fyi for people that shop at Harry Rosen Bloor.

There's a new SA there by the name of George (or Peter - I forgot already - he's a young Russian guy) who used to work for Cifonelli. He has a good eye for MTM and actually wears Cifonelli on the floor.

Smart guy. I plan to move all my MTM to him.
post #3112 of 4449

Gentlemen of Toronto, are there trusted Canadian eBay sellers like LuxeSwap? Really like their tie offerings but the 32USD shipping cost really doesn't justify a purchase from them. Any Canadian eBay stores or outside ones that ship to Toronto cheap? Interested in ties and shoes mainly. Good suit offerings would be great too. 

post #3113 of 4449

I don't know of any Canadian eBay shops - but LuxeSwap does give 50% off international shipping for Style Forum members.

post #3114 of 4449
Any suggestions for a rain shell under $100? I fancy something in red. Packable preferred but not necessary.

It would be used for active wear in lieu of my Barbour for warmer weather.
post #3115 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickInTO View Post
 

I don't know of any Canadian eBay shops - but LuxeSwap does give 50% off international shipping for Style Forum members.

 

I didn't know that, thanks!

post #3116 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingham89 View Post

Gentlemen of Toronto, are there trusted Canadian eBay sellers like LuxeSwap? Really like their tie offerings but the 32USD shipping cost really doesn't justify a purchase from them. Any Canadian eBay stores or outside ones that ship to Toronto cheap? Interested in ties and shoes mainly. Good suit offerings would be great too. 

Edit dammit. PM spoo if you want an actual rate.
post #3117 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickInTO View Post
 

I don't know of any Canadian eBay shops - but LuxeSwap does give 50% off international shipping for Style Forum members.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chambertin View Post
 

 

I didn't know that, thanks!

 

Yeah, that's good to know

post #3118 of 4449

Will be flying over to Toronto this weekend for a week for some networking events. It will be quite formal/professional during the day. I want to travel light so wonder which of these three pairs I should bring: 

1/ Black plain captoe 

2/ Burgundy adelaide

3/ Brown double monk

 

Plus, is an overcoat needed over there right now for the weather?  

post #3119 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqtri View Post
 

Will be flying over to Toronto this weekend for a week for some networking events. It will be quite formal/professional during the day. I want to travel light so wonder which of these three pairs I should bring: 

1/ Black plain captoe 

2/ Burgundy adelaide

3/ Brown double monk

 

Plus, is an overcoat needed over there right now for the weather?  


Although April ended up with more snow than any other month this winter, the weather's taken a great turn and we expect it to be in the teens for the next week. It looks like we might hit a low of 5C, so you decide if that's too cold to go without an overcoat.

 

In terms of the shoes, I think it might be easier to decide based on the rest of the outfit, trousers specifically. Any of them should be fine, although if you want to be inconspicuous, the black captoe is the obvious choice, although the most formal as well.

post #3120 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqtri View Post
 

Will be flying over to Toronto this weekend for a week for some networking events. It will be quite formal/professional during the day. I want to travel light so wonder which of these three pairs I should bring: 

1/ Black plain captoe 

2/ Burgundy adelaide

3/ Brown double monk

 

Plus, is an overcoat needed over there right now for the weather?  

If you're out early in the AM or in the evenings I would still pack a coat.  Maybe something like a Mac.  Bring whatever shoes fits your events, you know better than us.  Burgundy Adelaide would stand out the most in Toronto of those 3, lots of monks and lots of black. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Toronto Thread