or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Toronto Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Toronto Thread - Page 182

post #2716 of 4449
^^^ I'd say that by far THE most popular Galway makeup uses grained calf for the shaft (DOAK / Walnut cc).

Though whether Vass grain is as supple as that from EG remains an open question.

Now I need to go look over some Valway makeups.
post #2717 of 4449

Castaner www.castaner.com/ is by far the best, although they are rarely in the $50 range even on sale. Typically EastDane, SSence, NMWA carry them. actually I think NMWA has them at -20% last discounted price, but that still might be above your $50 range.

 

I paid 50 Euros for mine last summer in Paris, they were 50% off regular price.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Going on vacation to the Islands and wondering where I can get some decent espadrilles. Not looking to spend more than $50 ideally.
post #2718 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

^^^ I'd say that by far THE most popular Galway makeup uses grained calf for the shaft (DOAK / Walnut cc).

Though whether Vass grain is as supple as that from EG remains an open question.

Now I need to go look over some Valway makeups.

 

Agree, the iconic Galway make up of doak / walnut grain is what I love the most. Will verify the grain suppleness later. 

 

There's tons of unique makeups that can be done. Shade of burgundy for both upper and shaft would be pretty cool too.

post #2719 of 4449
Has anyone checked out Gotstyle's eidos selection recently?
post #2720 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post
 

Now were talking!  

 

Is scotchgrain is the best shaft choice?  Is it supple enough, or is the usual "grained shafts" we see on 2 tone boots like Galways normally Delapre, Peccary, Lama etc...  All of which are very soft.  Just wondering...

 

 

But I would be interested in any of these combos..

 

 

Dark Brown Scotch/Mid Brown Suede

Antic Cognac Calf/Dark Brown Scotch

Oxblood Scotch Grain/Brown Suede

Burgundy Scotch Grain/Brown Suede

 

Cross posted over at Vass appreciation thread as well.  Potential Valway makeup

 

1. Antic cognac calf and cognac grain (I can take another pic with dark brown scotch)


2. Bordeaux calf and red suede


What do you think?

post #2721 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickInTO View Post

Has anyone checked out Gotstyle's eidos selection recently?

Last time I was there was in Dec and there was hardly anything. I would think Saks would have a good selection. Anyone know if there's a grand opening sale of some sort?
post #2722 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokb View Post

Cross posted over at Vass appreciation thread as well.  Potential Valway makeup

1. Antic cognac calf and cognac grain (I can take another pic with dark brown scotch)




2. Bordeaux calf and red suede




What do you think?

Both are wonderful but I would really be after #2
post #2723 of 4449
Actually #1 should've been this;



Thanks for weighing in. Love option 2 as well. I think I'm going to order these.
post #2724 of 4449
Keep us posted. Ordering both? Any other details? Last, welt, sole?
post #2725 of 4449
Yeah both. Suede on F, grain on P2. Suede probably haf sole with rubber oversole and flush metal taps. Grain probably single dainite. Speed hooks on both.

But let's see if there are others that would chime in and make me change my mind (or add a third pair)
post #2726 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokb View Post

Actually #1 should've been this;



Thanks for weighing in. Love option 2 as well. I think I'm going to order these.

Love this option but I would be also in for option 2. Can you give us details on last, sole and size range?
post #2727 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickInTO View Post

Has anyone checked out Gotstyle's eidos selection recently?

 

Ever since I learned that they don't carry suits in Size 36, I've never felt compelled to look into their Eidos selection anymore. Last time I went in, they only carried sport coats and suits. Not sure if that's changed since.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADub View Post


Last time I was there was in Dec and there was hardly anything. I would think Saks would have a good selection. Anyone know if there's a grand opening sale of some sort?


Saks in Canada will not be carrying Eidos in store at this time, but it can be ordered in from the USA. Although if enough demand is made for it, that could change.

 

As far as I've heard, there's no grand opening sale but it is double points weekend for those who opt in for the SaksFirst membership program.

 

Also: Saks will be carrying Corthay. No Edward Green, though. :( 

post #2728 of 4449
Some great deals on Eidos sportscoats at GotStyle. A blue double breasted in 42, a check jacket and a light grey donegal in 44. All 40% off the sale price. Range from $550 to $680 before the 40%. Also a suede vest and a suede jacket thing. A few light blue shirts in size 16 and up.
post #2729 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokb View Post

Yeah both. Suede on F, grain on P2. Suede probably haf sole with rubber oversole and flush metal taps. Grain probably single dainite. Speed hooks on both.

But let's see if there are others that would chime in and make me change my mind (or add a third pair)

 

They are sounding good.  Not really drawn to the suede combo as much.

 

 

There is something about that Oxblood or Bordeaux Grain that gets my interest.  And lets not even talk about the navy or green grain....  Damn.

post #2730 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickInTO View Post

Some great deals on Eidos sportscoats at GotStyle. A blue double breasted in 42, a check jacket and a light grey donegal in 44. All 40% off the sale price. Range from $550 to $680 before the 40%. Also a suede vest and a suede jacket thing. A few light blue shirts in size 16 and up.


Those are some great prices. Is it this in store only?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Toronto Thread