or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Toronto Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Toronto Thread - Page 123

post #1831 of 4449
20% off your bill and there are racks that have an additional 40% (mostly on uninteresting Harry Rosen home brand)

However, stocks are depleted since this sale has been going on for more than a week (refer to a post a few pages ago).

Overall, you will probably find 1-2 nice pieces, (sadly I had to leave a nice orange knit EZegna tie) but it doesn't seem worth a trip unless you live in Mississauga.
post #1832 of 4449

PSA fellas, not a ton left but great pricing and free ship.  I just bought. 

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/460343/oak-room-eg-carmina-gg-foster-rutherfords-official-affiliate-thread/240#post_8206886

post #1833 of 4449

I've been using a place on Mount Pleasant near Davisville called Eye Studio for glasses recently.  He carries Salt and Masunaga and some other Japanese brands that I tend to like the look of.  He spent a good deal of time repairing a pair of glasses my wife has that she did not purchase there and charged us nothing.  

post #1834 of 4449

Ming Chau on Spadina in Chinatown. They have a ton of Japanese frames (including Salt) as well as IC! Berlin if that's your cup of tea. Nice selection of Oliver Peoples as well. The pricing is good (for glasses) and the service is outstanding. 

post #1835 of 4449

Thanks @Coronaeus good tip. What's the general price point? I'm thinking those frames are probably closer to the $3-400 range?

 

@akoustas given it's in Chinatown, guessing the pricing is good. Surprised the service is (that's usually where it breaks down). Will check out. 

post #1836 of 4449

Yes the set-up is hardly anything glamorous, but at least you know you're just paying for what you want, rather than a bunch of smarmy associates offering little help. My wife bought a pair there and they probably spent an hour with her helping to choose a proper frame. Not pushy in the least either. When there was a delay sourcing the colour she wanted they gave her 6 months of contacts free. 

post #1837 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post

PSA fellas, not a ton left but great pricing and free ship.  I just bought. 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/460343/oak-room-eg-carmina-gg-foster-rutherfords-official-affiliate-thread/240#post_8206886

It's too bad that there shoe sizing only goes up to UK9.5.
post #1838 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spex View Post

I bought some Warby Parker sunglasses online and the experience wasn't bad. Shipping was fast, but I needed to get the frames adjusted as they were bent. However, WP will give you up to a $50 rebate if you get them professionally adjusted and are charged. Just email them the receipt. Great service and nice glasses.

But the real deal is getting eyeglasses in Asia. They've caught on that there's a huge markup and seem to be able to manufacture and sell eyeglasses for a fraction of the price we pay here. On my last trip to Japan I bought this pair from a place called Zoff. I paid somewhere in the range of $35-$40 CAD for these, which yes, includes frames and lenses...and the eye test as well! Amazing value. My wife gets a new pair every time she goes back to visit.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





Quote:
Originally Posted by NickInTO View Post

I have 5 pairs of Warby Parker glasses, all have held up well. I've been wearing glasses for about 20 years, and the WP's have been my favourites in terms of price-to-quality. Plus, the customer service has always been great.

How do you guys determine if the glasses/frames from Warby Parker even fits prior to buying? They seem to be internet only in Canada.
post #1839 of 4449
Yeah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post


How do you guys determine if the glasses/frames from Warby Parker even fits prior to buying? They seem to be internet only in Canada.

Yeah, it's a bit of a crapshoot. I basically looked for models that had the same measurements as were printed on a pair of glasses I already owned and fit well. You can always return them, but you'll have to cover return shipping.
post #1840 of 4449

Yeah that's the crappy part. I'm in the US enough that it works for me, as Warby Parker now has a bunch of stores where you can try on everything.

 

Their other options, when they send you a bunch of try-on frames, is pretty sweet too. Add another one of the gripes on this thread (in addition to customs charges) being the lack of other options like that.

post #1841 of 4449
Hey guys,

BB just sent out more 40% off coupons!
post #1842 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Hey guys,

BB just sent out more 40% off coupons!

I didn't get one. Who qualifies to receive this? I receive emails from them and hold a Corporate Discount Card...
post #1843 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOstyle View Post

Yeah that's the crappy part. I'm in the US enough that it works for me, as Warby Parker now has a bunch of stores where you can try on everything.

Their other options, when they send you a bunch of try-on frames, is pretty sweet too. Add another one of the gripes on this thread (in addition to customs charges) being the lack of other options like that.

Do you know if the option to have them send you try-on frames is available to Canadians? This would work for me however their website stipulates that it's USA only. Hoping perhaps that's out of date?
post #1844 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post

Do you know if the option to have them send you try-on frames is available to Canadians? This would work for me however their website stipulates that it's USA only. Hoping perhaps that's out of date?

Not available to us Canadians.
post #1845 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post


How do you guys determine if the glasses/frames from Warby Parker even fits prior to buying? They seem to be internet only in Canada.

Yeah, that's the tough part. I just go by measurements and hope for the best. Returns are pretty hassle-free.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Toronto Thread