or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Toronto Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Toronto Thread - Page 121

post #1801 of 4449

^^ Definitely interested in knowing how much the G&G's are. Looking to get a pair of those without breaking the bank...

 

 

For OTR tux options, can't think of anything other than HR and Suit Supply. 

post #1802 of 4449

It was 2 full sizes to small so I didn't ask. Certainly, you could phone Leatherfoot and ask as there is only 1 pair of G&G wingtip in the store.

 

They were 50% off so probably just below $1k.

post #1803 of 4449

Had the pleasure of briefly meeting @RogerP today.  That man just oozes style :cheers:.  (/nohomo lol)

post #1804 of 4449
Thanks borbor, it was a pleasure meeting you and I hope we have the chance to do so again when we're both not rushing off elsewhere.

BTW - amazing fit for me on the Zileri jacket - all I'm doing is the sleeves. Thanks for delivering (literally) a great deal.
post #1805 of 4449

Lot's of shoe talk in this thread, but does anyone have any recommendations for good eyeglasses? I'm due for a new pair, and looking for a good, stylish and well-priced pair.

 

I've been looking around, and have checked out Cutler and Gross, Spectacle, Josephson, the horribly named Pink Eye Optical, Optic Zone. And this new place on Queen called Bailey Nelson, which looks like a Canadian knock-off of Warby Parker - which is a good thing, since their specs are good and cheap.

post #1806 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOstyle View Post
 

Lot's of shoe talk in this thread, but does anyone have any recommendations for good eyeglasses? I'm due for a new pair, and looking for a good, stylish and well-priced pair.

 

I've been looking around, and have checked out Cutler and Gross, Spectacle, Josephson, the horribly named Pink Eye Optical, Optic Zone. And this new place on Queen called Bailey Nelson, which looks like a Canadian knock-off of Warby Parker - which is a good thing, since their specs are good and cheap.


What about Rapp?

post #1807 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOstyle View Post
 

Lot's of shoe talk in this thread, but does anyone have any recommendations for good eyeglasses? I'm due for a new pair, and looking for a good, stylish and well-priced pair.

 

I've been looking around, and have checked out Cutler and Gross, Spectacle, Josephson, the horribly named Pink Eye Optical, Optic Zone. And this new place on Queen called Bailey Nelson, which looks like a Canadian knock-off of Warby Parker - which is a good thing, since their specs are good and cheap.


Warby Parker is coming to Canada.  I like Spectacle and Josephsen's.  Try Gafas on Queen St W

post #1808 of 4449
I find eyeglasses to be a massive ripoff across the board and am glad that I only recently started wearing them. What they ask for a frickin piece of plastic is scandalous.

/rant

Would love to hear of a good style / quality / value combo as well.
post #1809 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Thanks borbor, it was a pleasure meeting you and I hope we have the chance to do so again when we're both not rushing off elsewhere.

BTW - amazing fit for me on the Zileri jacket - all I'm doing is the sleeves. Thanks for delivering (literally) a great deal.

i was in the area anyway :)  don't sweat it.  

 

Glad it found a new home. 

post #1810 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Dreadmon View Post
 


Warby Parker is coming to Canada.  I like Spectacle and Josephsen's.  Try Gafas on Queen St W

Sweet. Do you know when? I know they deliver to Canada, but I'm a try before you buy kind of guy. I've been in Chi/ NYC for work so I typically try them on there, but great if there is a bricks and mortar option in the hometown.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I find eyeglasses to be a massive ripoff across the board and am glad that I only recently started wearing them. What they ask for a frickin piece of plastic is scandalous.

/rant

Would love to hear of a good style / quality / value combo as well.

Agree completely. It's gouging given that it is in lots of cases cheap plastic with a brand name slapped on. Or good quality acetate but too high an asking price (cough Cutler and Gross cough). I've liked the stuff I've seen at Josephsons, and gotten a pair of OPs I thought was good value. Not too cheap, not overly expensive.

 

The Bailey Nelsons looked okay, and for $150 a good low-risk option. But quality was along the Warby Parker lines (so just okay).

 

That's my summary so far.

post #1811 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOstyle View Post
 

Sweet. Do you know when? I know they deliver to Canada, but I'm a try before you buy kind of guy. I've been in Chi/ NYC for work so I typically try them on there, but great if there is a bricks and mortar option in the hometown.

 

I seem to recall reading about it on their website but can't find anything on it now.

 

I checked out Bailey Nelson when they opened but wasn't enamored with their designs.  Suspiciously good pricing too...

post #1812 of 4449

Agree re: designs. I've been in a couple of times. The last time there was one pair I liked (out of like 10 styles). But you only need one...

post #1813 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox View Post

For my most recent Shoe Bank purchase, I did everything over the phone (i.e. no email was required). In addition, I didn't pay anything at all when I picked up the order. I was expecting to pay HST, but didn't for some reason. Perhaps I just got lucky. End result was a pair of brand new AEs for well under $300 CAD all-in.

Hey guys,

All AE for Brooks Brothers shoes were marked down to $99!!! Every. Single. One.

Just ordered these from the Shoe Bank for $99: icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #1814 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Hey guys,

All AE for Brooks Brothers shoes were marked down to $99!!! Every. Single. One.

Just ordered these from the Shoe Bank for $99: icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif


How can you tell which ones are BB on the Shoe Bank site?
post #1815 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by krspdla View Post

How can you tell which ones are BB on the Shoe Bank site?

It looks like they've taken them all down.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Toronto Thread