or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Hugo boss suits
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hugo boss suits - Page 8  

post #106 of 123
Quote:
Quote:
(drizzt3117 @ 02 Sep. 2004, 10:12) While I wouldn't disagree with the statement that many French workers are lazy (actually I get this vibe from many Europeans, but I have ambivalent feelings about the general attitude towards holidays, on one hand, I can understand the value of leisure, but on the other I think even Americans don't generally work hard enough, and Europeans critizicize our work habits as spending your entire life working), I think generally describing 60-70% of your population as stupid and lazy is fairly elitist, and actually pretty funny in your situation, kinda like saying "I don't work and get money and shelter from my parents, look at all these dumbasses who actually work for a living." I guess the French are as charming as they say. People who work 35 hours for 30% less than me are not stupid up to you? How can you explain they work for pinuts?
Maybe they enjoy their job, have pride in what they do, and aren't as concerned about money as you. At least in the United States, those people who live off our welfare system are typically scorned unless they have dependent children and aren't able to work (but they're probably scorned anyways)
post #107 of 123
Quote:
People who work 35 hours for 30% less than me are not stupid up to you? How can you explain they work for pinuts?
You are saying they are stupid for working? Here if they were to go on unemployment they would then be earning 45% less than you, and in my opinion that would be even more stupid, to not work and earn less money. Some people barely get by on what they have and if they were to not work and get 15% less then they wouldnt be able to live a decent life. So for them trying to go on unemployment and just sit back for less money would be dumb. Also, maybe they work for peanuts because that is all they can get, some people were thrust into the real world early for whatever reason and werent able to get a complete education to be able to get a good paying white collar job.
post #108 of 123
Quote:
Quote:
(ernest @ 02 Sep. 2004, 09:56) I do not need to work for feeling self worth. If people think like that, I understand why they smoke, drink ans take soo many type of drugs. yes, since most of them have not interesting job,  no responsability and are some sort of social clone like in Brazil
It's good to see you do not have to be a contributing member of society in order to have good self-esteem.  It's also wonderful that your parents can express their pride in you every day.
I do not live or act to be a pride of my parents, to be a good son and to go the heaven. I live for me. If I live with my parents, it is their fault, they did not know how to educate a child to make him become an adult. Just because they are like you, driven by fear and guilty. Problem of most people : they are manipulated by society (church and state) with 2 words = Shame Guilty Forget these 2 words in 90% of your life. Look how you would be free and successfull. Live for you. Not for others or God. Do what you want in respecu of law. Use others rules to manipulate them (be well dressed for exemple to make thing you are good in your job) but when you have nothing to win, do what you want, forget this stupid ethic. Forget your stupid religious teaching.
post #109 of 123
Quote:
Quote:
(regularjoe @ 02 Sep. 2004, 10:00)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest,02 Sep. 2004, 09:56
I do not need to work for feeling self worth. If people think like that, I understand why they smoke, drink ans take soo many type of drugs. yes, since most of them have not interesting job,  no responsability and are some sort of social clone like in Brazil
It's good to see you do not have to be a contributing member of society in order to have good self-esteem.  It's also wonderful that your parents can express their pride in you every day.
I do not live or act to be a pride of my parents, to be a good son and to go the heaven. I live for me. If I live with my parents, it is their fault, they did not know how to educate a child to make him become an adult. Just because they are like you, driven by fear and guilty. Problem of most people : they are manipulated by society (church and state) with 2 words = Shame Guilty Forget these 2 words in 90% of your life. Look how you would be free and successfull. Live for you. Not for others or God. Do what you want in respecu of law. Use others rules to manipulate them (be well dressed for exemple to make thing you are good in your job) but when you have nothing to win, do what you want, forget this stupid ethic. Forget your stupid religious teaching.
Just Quoting this so it cant be edited. Classic. I'll leave others to comment on it. JJF
post #110 of 123
...and he wonders why there is a job crisis in france.
post #111 of 123
Quote:
Quote:
(ernest @ 02 Sep. 2004, 10:25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117,02 Sep. 2004, 10:12
While I wouldn't disagree with the statement that many French workers are lazy (actually I get this vibe from many Europeans, but I have ambivalent feelings about the general attitude towards holidays, on one hand, I can understand the value of leisure, but on the other I think even Americans don't generally work hard enough, and Europeans critizicize our work habits as spending your entire life working), I think generally describing 60-70% of your population as stupid and lazy is fairly elitist, and actually pretty funny in your situation, kinda like saying "I don't work and get money and shelter from my parents, look at all these dumbasses who actually work for a living." I guess the French are as charming as they say. People who work 35 hours for 30% less than me are not stupid up to you? How can you explain they work for pinuts?
Maybe they enjoy their job, have pride in what they do, and aren't as concerned about money as you. At least in the United States, those people who live off our welfare system are typically scorned unless they have dependent children and aren't able to work (but they're probably scorned anyways)
And for whose who do not enjoy their work? For worker, for people working with garbage, dirt, danger, dust...what about them? Where is the pleasure to carrt heavy bags on your back all day long?
post #112 of 123
I can't come up with stuff this good. Keep it coming.
post #113 of 123
Quote:
Where is the pleasure to carrt heavy bags on your back all day long?
When you can have Your Government cart you on its back all day Long?
post #114 of 123
Quote:
Quote:
(ernest @ 02 Sep. 2004, 1:27) There is NO job, that's the problem. How can they check if 3 billions of people are looking for a job?
Impressive.  At last check France had a population of about 60 Million, yet somehow 3 Billion are showing up on the unemployment lines... And I thought the US had a problem with False Identities. JJF
million of course.
post #115 of 123
Thread Starter 
Oh dear.....what hath I wrought???  I never thought that what I thought was an innocent, germane question about a brand would devolve into a such a thread....thanks all for their advice on Hugo Boss. As for the argument: ernest, it may not make economic sense for you to work, but I'll ask this: say you find a finance job in the next year.  At that point, you will have gained no experience n your field for more than four years.  Ask yourself what would you really bring to a potential employer at that point, other than a very strong sense of self confidence and some nice H&K shirts and ill-fitting Lanvin suits?
post #116 of 123
Quote:
Quote:
(ernest @ 02 Sep. 2004, 1:44) Where is the pleasure to carrt heavy bags on your back all day long?
When you can have Your Government cart you on its back all day Long?
carry I do not understand. Where is the pleasure to carry heavy bags all day long for 700 usd per mouth?
post #117 of 123
Quote:
Oh dear.....what hath I wrought???  I never thought that what I thought was an innocent, germane question about a brand would devolve into a such a thread....thanks all for their advice on Hugo Boss. As for the argument: ernest, it may not make economic sense for you to work, but I'll ask this: say you find a finance job in the next year.  At that point, you will have gained no experience n your field for more than four years.  Ask yourself what would you really bring to a potential employer at that point, other than a very strong sense of self confidence and some nice H&K shirts and ill-fitting Lanvin suits?
I would bring my intelligence, culture. The same things I brought when I worked. In most of work, you have nothing difficult to know, just use your brain. I only worked 2.5 years so anyway I can not find a job because of my long experience. I would like to make my own company. Not to support, for pinuts, silly guys in homeless' Boss suits thinking they are dressed like princes.
post #118 of 123
Ernst, I have to say that I highly disagree with almost everything you say. You clearly have your own way of thinking and that is fine, but it seems to be a bit short-sighted. While you make "only" 15% less than someone working, they may receive healthcare benefits, stock options, etc.. As you work, your chances of being promoted or receiving a raise also increase so that 15% gap becomes wider. Not only that but once jobs do become available, your time spent away from the workforce will make you a less desirable hire. For the record, my dad worked in a factory for minimum wage, never collected a penny from the government and even worked 2 jobs for a bit, worked his way up the company chain, became manager of the company, bought a piece of the company, sold his stake in the company, has become a fairly successful entrepreneur. I guess you would say that while he was a low level employee, he was stupid but the end result speaks for itself. BTW, I am in law school and I am not half as smart, or half the man, that my dad is and the example of my dad's hard work is one of the reasons that I actually made it to law school with my limited intelligence. I am sure there are countless similar stories from members of The Forum. Just something to think about, Ernst.
post #119 of 123
Quote:
I would bring my intelligence, culture. The same things I brought when I worked.
There now...any other questions as to the current stint of unemployment? JJF
post #120 of 123
Wow. I hate the French as much as anyone, but even I feel bad for how Ernest's comments reflect on his nationality. I think 99.9% of Frenchmen would be embarrassed by this drivel. It's hard to know what is more offensive - his command of the English language, his disdain for the working class, his comments about AIDS and homosexuality, or his laziness.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Hugo boss suits