or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Bespoke Shoes Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Bespoke Shoes Thread - Page 24

post #346 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post


Damn, those look good.
post #347 of 632
Thread Starter 
Considering a Jodphur boot styled after this one;



Thoughts on unlined shell vs. crocodile vs. calfskin? This is a boot that I'm going to wear alot and will not baby.
post #348 of 632
How did you and templeman decide the shape of the butterfly on the loafers?
post #349 of 632
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

How did you and templeman decide the shape of the butterfly on the loafers?

I downloaded a ton of images from the internet and sent them to him. We then went over the options and how each would work with a stitched lake.

Nicholas is great to work with b/c he listens and provides lots of feedback.
post #350 of 632
Looks nice. Can't wait to see them on
post #351 of 632

my shoes are now ready and I just have to get a chance to go to pick them up. I'm hoping to have time to get them in the next few weeks. Then I'll have plenty of pictures for you guys to see them.

post #352 of 632










Calzoleria Riccardo Borella
post #353 of 632

Beautiful Riccardo :slayer:

post #354 of 632
Thread Starter 
Had a nice visit yesterday with Cleverley. Did an in welt fitting for a pair of George boots, and was shown this sample of vintage, old stock Freudenberg waxed calf.







B78CF5D3-CAEF-420D-B7EF-D1B85D47392C_zpsfktlthgy.jpg

4F05FD30-7E66-4C63-A85F-42C42C282125_zpsmvpbmcmy.jpg

96B842B0-157B-4EA7-8D76-11C70265B306_zpsiykmva2p.jpg


Really great leather that is similar to Horween's Chromexel, but much higher quality. Was told they only have enough for 2 pair of shoes.

Going to remake this Boot I had made by St. Crispin, but with a veldtschoen construction, ridgeway sole, the waxed calf and an unlined Mehta Caterina Russian Reindeer Calf shaft.





Incidentally the St. Crispin's are for sale.....
Edited by jerrybrowne - 11/7/15 at 3:40pm
post #355 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

Had a nice visit yesterday with Cleverley. Did an in welt fitting for a pair of George boots.....

After that recent hoo-ha, inquisitive minds want to know were the fitting shoes gemmed?

Photographs would not go amiss!
post #356 of 632
Talking about boots:

Strap boots in heavy-grained Weinheimer ‘Odessa’ leather with hand-stitched apron and closed with Sam Browne studs (any relations, Jerry?)

Norwegian construction with double leather sole.

Just as the hatch-grain boots which ‘poorsod’ got from G&G a couple of years ago, they took their inspiration from the EG ‘Herick’.
(I replaced the toe cap of the original with an apron. I like the way a continuous line meanders all around the boot.)

Taking a line for a walk (Paul Klee)









Uppers delivered to the shoemaker last week; completion promised before Christmas.
post #357 of 632
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post

Talking about boots:

Strap boots in heavy-grained Weinheimer ‘Odessa’ leather with hand-stitched apron and closed with Sam Browne studs (any relations, Jerry?)

Norwegian construction with double leather sole.

Just as the hatch-grain boots which ‘poorsod’ got from G&G a couple of years ago, they took their inspiration from the EG ‘Herick’.
(I replaced the toe cap of the original with an apron. I like the way a continuous line meanders all around the boot.)

Taking a line for a walk (Paul Klee)









Uppers delivered to the shoemaker last week; completion promised before Christmas.

Really looking forward to these. Have a feeling that they're going to be great! What kind of finish are you going to use?
post #358 of 632
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post

After that recent hoo-ha, inquisitive minds want to know were the fitting shoes gemmed?

Photographs would not go amiss!

Unfortunately, no photos. I did take a peek though- no gemming!
post #359 of 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

Had a nice visit yesterday with Cleverley. Did an in welt fitting for a pair of George boots, and was shown this sample of vintage, old stock Freudenberg waxed calf.
[/URL]


Really great leather that is similar to Horween's Chromexel, but much higher quality. Was told they only have enough for 2 pair of shoes.

Going to remake this Boot I had made by St. Crispin, but with a veldtschoen construction, ridgeway sole, the waxed calf and an unlined Mehta Caterina Russian Reindeer Calf shaft.





Incidentally the St. Crispin's are for sale.....
What made you decide to switch to Cleverley?
post #360 of 632
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

What made you decide to switch to Cleverley?

From St. Crispin to Cleverley? Issues of fit. Also, although I like the idea of cordovan for a snowboot, I think the waxed calf will be easier to take care of.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Bespoke Shoes Thread