• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Shoes+Shoe shine night+reggae= Shoe Appreciation

kali77

Reaction score
Well since I received my PLAL order today I decided I would shine some shoes tonight. So I figured I would share my meager collection. These have all been aquired over the last couple years since Joining here and AAAC. I have a few other pairs that I did not feel like adding to the photo's like a couple Loake's and an old pair of Testoni's, they just didn't make the cut I guess. I usually sit in my listening room and listen to some old school roots reggae when I shine
smile.gif
As you can see I am partial to brown.

The new additions C&J Belgrave and Audley should have thrown in the Polo Telman's I just got from A. but there in the family shots

The music

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pretty nice collection. What are the chestnut-colored cap-toes in the middle of the circle?

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the cap toe chelsea boots?
Those are hot action.
Thanks for sharing!

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great collection G! The PLAL additions are gorgeous. What make is the suede full brogue?

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lovely. I see you have some basics in captoes and wingtips. What next?

kali77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Pretty nice collection. What are the chestnut-colored cap-toes in the middle of the circle?

Thanks. AE Colton darkened a little from original state

Originally Posted by antirabbit
What are the cap toe chelsea boots?
Those are hot action.
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. Sutor Mantellassi. Your welcome.

Originally Posted by aportnoy
Great collection G! The PLAL additions are gorgeous. What make is the suede full brogue?

Thanks A! They are Martegani on the 3b last I believe.

Originally Posted by kolecho
Lovely. I see you have some basics in captoes and wingtips. What next?

Thanks. Figured I would get the some of the basics covered 1st. Good question. I would like to pick up a wholecut or two. Have my eye on the C&J Sandown. Then maybe a couple monk-straps.

kali77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II
Wow - very nice. I like the Audley's in particular.

Thank you.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kali77
Thanks. Figured I would get the some of the basics covered 1st. Good question. I would like to pick up a wholecut or two. Have my eye on the C&J Sandown. Then maybe a couple monk-straps.

Get some EGs and Vass next
devil.gif

kali77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
Get some EGs and Vass next
devil.gif

Unfortunately I think they are out of my league right now
frown.gif
. The wife and I are trying to buy a bigger house. I think I will have to stick to PLAL and ebay for a little while longer. I might have to splurge on one pair of EG's though
smile.gif

sanrensho

Reaction score
Those look like Proacs on the left. Sweet!!! I have a pair of Studio 100s that have served me well for years.

kali77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
kali , such a lovely and very beautiful and decadent collection. i just love it when all my shoes are shined and when you line them up like that and view them, they make my heart skip a beat literally.
like the above advice, hopefully one day you can add some sweet Vass, Lobbs, Aldens, and most importantly , FAMs.

Shoe,

Thank you. I agree it is nice getting them all shined and taking the time to admire them. I am sure in time I will aquire some of the above shoes. I am still young at 27 and am sure over the next few years the collection will move in that direction.

kali77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sanrensho
Those look like Proacs on the left. Sweet!!! I have a pair of Studio 100s that have served me well for years.

Proac Response 2's absolutely love them. They sound amazing and play every genre of music well
smile.gif

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might I ask what the dark brown pair with the natural sole edges at 4 o'clock in the first picture are? They look like cigar cordovan. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads