or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The 3-Piece Thred
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The 3-Piece Thred - Page 4

post #46 of 112
BTW - I'm watching Charade and two-thirds of the men are rocking great three-piece suits.
post #47 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyquik View Post
Perhaps the great unpleasantness in the financial markets and the resurgance in the 3 piece are perfectly aligned to cause a greater shift towards serious professional dressing for the serious professionals who will be left.

Three pieces were popular in the Great Depression, weren't they?

Maybe they let guys stay warm without the expense of having to turn the heating on?
post #48 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post
[IMG] And would anyone else say the jacket is too short? :
The problem here is the pants. Low rise doesn't always look good, and especially in this case it looks terrible when combined with the jacket.
post #49 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo! View Post
The problem here is the pants.

Low rise doesn't always look good, and especially in this case it looks terrible when combined with the jacket.

I agree, I think you've hit on it. Something does look a little funny and when I look at the pants that's what it is, they're too low for the height of the jacket.
post #50 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanInterloper Redux View Post
And the lapels are notch? Peak?
Bizarre questions, I'm sure, but I haven't had a chance to see examples of what is considered classical.


On the Brroks Brothers suits pictured? Notch. I believe that's standard on SB vests. On a DB vest, such as Holdfast's lapels can be peak or shawl, I think. And the one HF posts looks great as a city suit.
post #51 of 112
I think peak lapels on a vest would be a bit much.
post #52 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_5 View Post
On the Brroks Brothers suits pictured? Notch. I believe that's standard on SB vests. On a DB vest, such as Holdfast's lapels can be peak or shawl, I think. And the one HF posts looks great as a city suit.

Mine has peak lapels on it. Shawl is probably more traditional, but I like the peaks. Since they're hidden by the jacket lots of the time, I say have whatever style you want.

Pic of the whole suit below; you can't see the lapels fully though.

post #53 of 112
I'm very fond of this suit. Stunning, and exquisit style.

As a related question: would it be possible for a good tailor to remove the lapels on a RTW vest?
I love three of the BB suits, the regent and maidson grey stripes and the Madison navy flannel chalk stripe. If not, I might look at getting something similar through their Select or MTM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
Mine has peak lapels on it. Shawl is probably more traditional, but I like the peaks. Since they're hidden by the jacket lots of the time, I say have whatever style you want.

Pic of the whole suit below; you can't see the lapels fully though.

post #54 of 112
Check out this shot of Supreme Metrosexual David Beckham....daring and fashion-forward or a rare misstep?

post #55 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post
Check out this shot of Supreme Metrosexual David Beckham....daring and fashion-forward or a rare misstep?


hmmm, I'm usually a DB defender, but not in this case.

The pattern is horrendous, the tie doesn't match ANYTHING, the sleeves are too long, and the shoulders are too wide.

Other than that, it's GREAT!!
post #56 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post
Check out this shot of Supreme Metrosexual David Beckham....daring and fashion-forward or a rare misstep?






Perhaps he lost a bet and had to wear it in public?
post #57 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post
the tie doesn't match ANYTHING

In his defense, the tie matches the...err...buttons.
post #58 of 112
^Oh my... that said- I went in for the final fitting on my new gray flannel, DB, 3-piece today. The ground is about the same shade as that gray above, Barberis cloth, around 10oz.

Pics soon.
post #59 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Roger Sterling on Mad Men rocks some beautiful 3-piece suits.
+1 What colour is this? Very dark grey? Or black? On the screen it often looks very close to black, especially the waistcoat. It looks like it has faint wide stripes too, what would you call this type of stripes?
post #60 of 112
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The 3-Piece Thred