or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › ethan's Musing on the Near East
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ethan's Musing on the Near East - Page 175

post #2611 of 2699
Its impossible for the region to stabilize as long as saudi arabia is allowed to spread its shit radical islam and israels interests are regarded above every other.

Take away assad and here comes saudi arabia with its islamists and billions of dollars thrown at every imam there and then israel goes to the saudis and says hey theres hezballa next door and then syria is used as a launching pad to radicalize sunnis here and target hezballah next.

Then of course iraq gets worse cause shiites there arent gonna sit and watch.

Yeah no thank you.


Get rid of the saudi regime, tell israel it cant make settlements all over the middle east as it pleases, then get rid of assad all you want.

Unfortunately theyve let it go on to a point where even the alternative to the saudi regime is an even shittier one made by the islamists it feeds and who blame it for not being islamic enough.

Anyway noone wants a stable reasonably run middle east. Cause that would mean an arab or islamic union that controls the oil and is a united powerhouse in the region against or at least a counterpart to Israel and worldwide as well.

The region is boobytrapped with enough geopolitical and religious shit that its ensured to stay in the gutter for a centuries.
post #2612 of 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post
 

 

There was a window for him to do so. Instead he chose a reckless campaign of violent crackdowns. He may very well believe in a lot of the same values as the West but you have to see that it's impossible for Syria to stabilize while he is still around. 

Thats BS like majority of your posts.

 

Within the first 6 months he showed willingness to sit down and negotiate which was refused by "foreign so called Syrian" rebels on behalf of US. Somehow they all figured he would fold like Iraq and Libya.

 

Here is another solid mass media outlet example we should all believe in

Quote:
 So we checked. Among many pictures of her with her dead husbands, fighters and generals, there was a photo of her in the same black combat fatigues and headscarf holding what appeared to be a freshly severed head. Another showed two severed heads in a cooking pot. In a third photograph, she is standing among partially-burned corpses. It's impossible to verify whether the photos are authentic or Photoshopped, but we got the point.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/28/middleeast/iraq-housewife-fights-isis/index.html

post #2613 of 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan View Post

Too bad noone found out where those moderate rebels are, nor the groups theyre in, nor the territories they control.

Except the groupuscules that Turkey takes on joyrides as it "liberates" villages from ISIS.

Aleppo is Nusra + Ahrar, Ghouta is Jeish Islam, Idlib is Nusra, Rakka is ISIS.

Take those out and the "moderates" can keep whatever basement theyve been hiding in the past decade.

 

There is no such thing as a moderate rebel. Who ever disagrees is more then welcome to grant them visas to their back yards.

 

WTF is a moderate rebel anyway? Is it those who are on video passing takfir on Rafidah/Allawis yet going to Israel camps for treatment or is those that are calling for Islamist to take over Syria only to submit to the next muscled Islamic group to come over who might have even more radical idea.

 

Quote:
 

Take away assad and here comes saudi arabia with its islamists and billions of dollars thrown at every imam there and then israel goes to the saudis and says hey theres hezballa next door and then syria is used as a launching pad to radicalize sunnis here and target hezballah next.

Then of course iraq gets worse cause shiites there arent gonna sit and watch.

Didnt they try this in Arsal a few years back. If i recall correctly our resident clown Ethan considers Sheikh Assir to be one of those "moderate" dudes cause i recall reading a puff piece on him a few pages back.

 

 

BWT i agree with your last few posts. Sunni countries like Bahrain, Saudi, Jordan and even Egypt have all agreed to play ball whereas the Shia countries like Iran and soon Iraq are more dependent on their Marjas who both detest collaborating with the US. They need to be kept busy and in check.

post #2614 of 2699
Rebel just means anyone fighting the government, doesn't it?

Are you going to call all of the Kurdish groups extremists?
post #2615 of 2699
Prince Turki bin Saud bin Turki bin Saud Al-Kabeer was executed on Tuesday in Riyadh for killing Adel bin Suleiman bin Abdulkareem Al-Muhaimeed, a fellow Saudi citizen. Interesting move to project semblance of legal parity across its society?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-19/saudi-arabia-executes-royal-family-member-for-murder
post #2616 of 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

Rebel just means anyone fighting the government, doesn't it?

Are you going to call all of the Kurdish groups extremists?

Kurdish? What major military operations have the kurds and government had against eachother already?

Most of kurdish territory was taking advantage of poeer vacuum or seized from isis.

Aside from minor skirmishes in areas where they had arrangements, theres no active fronts between the major kurds and the regime/russia/hezballah.

Theyre not what russia is bombing in aleppo or what the regime is fighting in ghouta and hama and idlib.

The kurdish issue is a side issue of its own, and btw the romanticized view of kurds in the west is a bit misguided (theyve engaged in active ethnic cleansing of their areas notably against christians) but like i said, its a side issue.

Besides, the ones who are bombing kurds are a NATO member
post #2617 of 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyme View Post

There is no such thing as a moderate rebel. Who ever disagrees is more then welcome to grant them visas to their back yards.

WTF is a moderate rebel anyway? Is it those who are on video passing takfir on Rafidah/Allawis yet going to Israel camps for treatment or is those that are calling for Islamist to take over Syria only to submit to the next muscled Islamic group to come over who might have even more radical idea.

Didnt they try this in Arsal a few years back. If i recall correctly our resident clown Ethan considers Sheikh Assir to be one of those "moderate" dudes cause i recall reading a puff piece on him a few pages back.


BWT i agree with your last few posts. Sunni countries like Bahrain, Saudi, Jordan and even Egypt have all agreed to play ball whereas the Shia countries like Iran and soon Iraq are more dependent on their Marjas who both detest collaborating with the US. They need to be kept busy and in check.

Assir was mainly in saida but of course was linked to the isis and nusra guys in arsal.
He tried to form a military group that would target hezballah but he was an idiot.
He ended up attacking the army posts in sayda and is now in jail.
In fact they never hid that aim even before hezballah direct involvement in syria. They pretty much announced that lebanon is next. Theres a lot of them in camps and in the north now but theyre under check for now.
Thankfully the army/hezballah/general sunni population here has shown great wisdom in maintaining stability.
post #2618 of 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

Look, SA may deal in intolerance but Iran deals in war and death. They are second only to China in executions and they are the top funder of terror organizations. 

It wasn't SA who helped elect a terror organization in Gazza, it isn't SA that funds and sends marching orders to the group responsible for the last Israeli incursion into Lebanon, it isn't SA that has ravaged cities in Iraq with its sectarian proxies, etc etc etc. 

Now of course the axis of resistance dickweeds are going to say that I have no criticisms of Saudi Arabia which is not true. 

You do realise that Hamas is a muslim brotherhood organization aligned with the ideology of Qatar and Turkey and both those countries send Hamas millions of dollars? (and yes iran sent/sends it weapons and support)

And that Hamas has taken the islamists' side in the Syrian war and opposed Bashar Assad?

And that if said support by Iran makes it a terrorist nation, then Clinton receiving support from Qatar would be equal to it receiving money from a terrorist nation as well? (excluding the additional info that she mentions in her emails about Qatar supporting isis)
post #2619 of 2699
Thread Starter 

I never said Qatar wasn't a nation run by shitheads too. 

post #2620 of 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan View Post

Kurdish? What major military operations have the kurds and government had against eachother already?

Most of kurdish territory was taking advantage of poeer vacuum or seized from isis.

Aside from minor skirmishes in areas where they had arrangements, theres no active fronts between the major kurds and the regime/russia/hezballah.

Theyre not what russia is bombing in aleppo or what the regime is fighting in ghouta and hama and idlib.

The kurdish issue is a side issue of its own, and btw the romanticized view of kurds in the west is a bit misguided (theyve engaged in active ethnic cleansing of their areas notably against christians) but like i said, its a side issue.

I don't disagree; while researching a separate topic I was interested/appalled to discover that although female genital mutilation is nearly eradicated in Iraq, it's extremely prevalent in the Kurdish areas.

So yeah, I don't exactly have a romantic view of them.

I can't point to any Kurdish skirmishes with the government off the top of my head. But I was under the impression that they were allied with the FSA initially. Which I guess you'll say wasn't really a thing aside from radical groups.
post #2621 of 2699
Some kurds are now allied with manufactured groups that were trained in turkey.

The kurds kind of weaseled a web of arrangements with everyone since noone wanted an extra enemy on their back.

The early FSA was figuratively led by officers who defected but everyone knew back then who the fighters were. It was the islamists. Even in earliest fsa videos you can see the black bandanas of isis and nusra flags on uniformed fsa soldiers.

Which explains how the fsa simply disappeared. Once those islamists that were being imported organized, the masks dropped.


Look theres no doubt a lot of sunnis hate bashar. But if theyre not islamisg they had no drive to fight. He wasnt lynching people for being sunni, he wasnt persecuting their religion, etc....

Only the islamists had a project and motivation. Now of course because of the poverty in the eastern part of syria they were able to recruit many syrians in their ranks, but the average moderate sunni was pissed maybe but wouldnt fight. Thats why areas like damascus which has majority sunni remained calm, because it wasnt a rural area stricken by extreme poverty where imams can distribute 100 dollars and an ak47 and gather all the villages kids.
post #2622 of 2699
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post


I don't disagree; while researching a separate topic I was interested/appalled to discover that although female genital mutilation is nearly eradicated in Iraq, it's extremely prevalent in the Kurdish areas.

So yeah, I don't exactly have a romantic view of them.

I can't point to any Kurdish skirmishes with the government off the top of my head. But I was under the impression that they were allied with the FSA initially. Which I guess you'll say wasn't really a thing aside from radical groups.


The Kurds in Iraq are very different from those in Syria and Turkey and are separated by dialects that are not mutually intelligible. 

post #2623 of 2699
Aleppo is getting close.

Oh and we might get a president soon.
post #2624 of 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post


The Kurds in Iraq are very different from those in Syria and Turkey and are separated by dialects that are not mutually intelligible. 

Yeah I'm aware of (and fascinated by) that.

That language family is closer to indo-European languages than Semitic languages, right?

Explains why the Kurdish-Syrian refugees I met picked up English much quicker than the Arab Syrians.

A random side note - I have met quite a few circassians here, and it was mentioned to me that they initially came as mercanary troops. Do you guys know when/why this happened or if it's true?
post #2625 of 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan View Post


The early FSA was figuratively led by officers who defected but everyone knew back then who the fighters were. It was the islamists. Even in earliest fsa videos you can see the black bandanas of isis and nusra flags on uniformed fsa soldiers.

 

I am off the opinion that these terrorists are Khwarijeen not Islamists.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › ethan's Musing on the Near East