or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › ethan's Musing on the Near East
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ethan's Musing on the Near East - Page 73

post #1081 of 2696
Thread Starter 

Just a guess. If I'm wrong, let me know. 

post #1082 of 2696
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post
 

Just a guess. If I'm wrong, let me know. 

You are wrong on my things in this thread but it doesnt go through your thick skull. Furthermore i see no reason to discuss my personal life or countries i have travelled/lived in my life as it is none of your concern nor does it have any bearing on the situation in Syria.

 

If you are estalking me then just say so....

post #1083 of 2696
Thread Starter 

Cool back peddling, bro. 

post #1084 of 2696
ethan, i just checked and Alloush was arrested in 2009 (before any arab spring had begun), for illegal possession of weapons.

Secondly, he created his group with direct support from Saudi Arabia, you yourself described him as "saudi arabia's man" when you explained the rebel groups.

Third, like i said he's not ever mentioned as the face of extremism and he isnt what led to the image of the syrian revolution as such, its nusra and isis.

I dont see how the theory that Assad released alloush to give the revolution an extrremist face holds up, since it wasnt Assad who gave him his power nor is his power being much used to discredit the revolution. Both cause and effect contradict your theory.

The amnesty thing happens regularly with all authoritarian regimes in crisis here.





On a side note, even posters in the thread are attacking eachother for their religious/ethnic background biggrin.gif the curse of the middle east strikes again
post #1085 of 2696
Thread Starter 

Saudi backing Alloush has nothing to do with whether or not Asad released him and others specifically to poison the opposition. I think it makes it more plausible. And like I said, it wasn't just Alloush. Basically every Islamist leader was in an Asad prison when this thing started. 

post #1086 of 2696
Thread Starter 

Lots of rumblings that AQ is coming back in Iraq.

post #1087 of 2696
Well at this point it couldn't really get worse.

Rite?
post #1088 of 2696
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

Well at this point it couldn't really get worse.

Rite?


False. It would create the same problem as in Syria. What do you do with al-Qa'ida after ISIS is gone? If the world succeeds in toppling ISIS where are all those crazies going to go? Oh, look, there's an AQ franchise here. I'm normally a McDonald's man but I'll settle for Burger King. Nomsayin? 

post #1089 of 2696
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

False. It would create the same problem as in Syria. What do you do with al-Qa'ida after ISIS is gone? If the world succeeds in toppling ISIS where are all those crazies going to go? Oh, look, there's an AQ franchise here. I'm normally a McDonald's man but I'll settle for Burger King. Nomsayin? 

this is a great analogy since burger king did offer to collab with mcdonalds and make the mcwhopper. that would be, what, القصاص in this case ?
post #1090 of 2696
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post


this is a great analogy since burger king did offer to collab with mcdonalds and make the mcwhopper. that would be, what, القصاص in this case ?


I did not know this. al-hamdulillah. العين بالعين 

 

Speaking of, I can't wait to get back to the ME and get me a chicken Big Mac. McDelivery, what up. 

post #1091 of 2696
How does anyone expect exactly to eradicate al qaeda or isis or whatever the islamists try to name themselves next when they do absolutely mothing about their sources of ideology and funding and support. The imams of the wahhabi mosques are molding children into islamists every day and the saudis are paying for it. AQ will never disappear as long as this goes on. All that radicalism stuffed into childrens brains must channel somewhere
post #1092 of 2696
Thread Starter 

Well, that is exactly the problem. I think that ISIS is extremely vulnerable to decapitation in a way that al-Qa'ida is not. I have been saying for a while now that the number 1 threat to America and her interests in Syria is not ISIS but AQ. 

post #1093 of 2696
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

Saudi backing Alloush has nothing to do with whether or not Asad released him and others specifically to poison the opposition. I think it makes it more plausible. And like I said, it wasn't just Alloush. Basically every Islamist leader was in an Asad prison when this thing started. 

But he wasnt a leader of anything when he was caught nor released. And you can find several examples of general amnesties accorded by both bashar and hafez assad during times where there was no upheavals or anything, let alone when he actually needs it. Its dictator 101.
post #1094 of 2696
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

Well, that is exactly the problem. I think that ISIS is extremely vulnerable to decapitation in a way that al-Qa'ida is not. I have been saying for a while now that the number 1 threat to America and her interests in Syria is not ISIS but AQ. 

I think the number one threat is saudi arabias regime and the behavior of israel in the region. That is if we define threat as "whats causing this region to be so shitty and causing so much trouble".

If like the us administration we define threat as "whos not our servant" then we reach the age old ranking of russia and iran as nb 1 threats
post #1095 of 2696
Thread Starter 

Saudi is like a terminal cancer. Figuring out how to cure it is the long-game but for now the symptoms must be treated. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › ethan's Musing on the Near East