• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Santoni FAM, Allen-Edmonds, Keith Highlander, Bass Weejuns, Red Wing

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to thin the herds a bit to help finance a pair of Aldens I purchased last week (and maybe work towards my second pair of shoes in shell cordovan leather
devil.gif
). This post was put together pretty quickly--if you have any questions about anything, feel free to PM me. The thumbnails below each large picture should be clickable...It's my first time with Imageshack. New: In Box Santoni FAM, Goodyear welted/channeled soles, 8.5 (7.5 Santoni) Asking $350 shipped. (sold) (there should be 5-6 images here, but I only see the first one. Like I said, it's my first time with ImageShack--and it might be my last. I'll repost the images tonight)
4qz3akp.jpg
santonifam3zo9.jpg
Allen-Edmonds Bellingham, old 8 last, 8.5D, Asking $45 shipped (sold) New/Old Stock Keith Highlander, 8.5D Asking $40 shipped (SOLD)
keith3cc8.jpg
Allen-Edmonds Compton boots, 1 last, 8.5D Asking $50 shipped (sold)

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 pairs of Made-in-the-USA Bass Weejun penny loafers (8.5, 9) The 8.5 pair was purchased from a store in Minnesota that had some new/old-stock Weejun penny loafers. I paid almost $100 for them, but they're just too small for me. Today marked the 4th time I wore them and they're in pretty decent condition (pictures will be up shortly). I'd recommend them if you wear a size 8. Asking $24 shipped CONUS. These are scheduled to post on eBay on 10/7. PM me before then if you're interested (or take your chances with a .01 starting price/no reserve)
4c2e58j.jpg
53p7pjo.jpg
The 9 pair was purchased on eBay and there isn't much wear to the sole and heel (but I don't think that they're original). This pair is a little too big for me, but would probably be a little small for a true 9 -- I'd say that if you're a narrow 9 or a slightly long 8.5 these would work for you. Asking $19 shipped CONUS Sold! I know Red Wing has some popularity among the streetwear/denim crowd on Styleforum, but I don't know anything else about it. The shoes are made in the USA with leather uppers. Size 8.5D (runs a little snug). The numbers on the inside of the shoe read: 11184 and 9205. Vibram soles. They look like they were maybe worn 2-3x before I bought them and I wore them once. As you can see from the sole shot, the wear-and-tear is pretty negligible. The right shoe seems to be slightly lighter than the left one, but it's not egregious. Asking $19 shipped CONUS Sold

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PM sent

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by distinctive
I love the look of those Keith Highlanders...what shoes are still available?
I haven't received payment on anything yet, but the Keith Highlanders and Compton boots are both sold pending funds. Bellingham has a few bites, but nothing firm yet. edit: It looks like everything but the FAMs from the first post has been snapped up. I'll try to update the original posts accordingly.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Thanks for offering some great shoes! A few questions on the Santonis . . . 1. Are the Santoni's orange or tan sock FAM? 2. Are they shell cordovan? 3. And, what color would you describe them as? Thanks.
smile.gif

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phoenix
Thanks for offering some great shoes! A few questions on the Santonis . . . 1. Are the Santoni's orange or tan sock FAM? 2. Are they shell cordovan? 3. And, what color would you describe them as? Thanks.
smile.gif

Phoenix: The sock is tan (you can see this thread for an orange sock pair). This pair is Goodyear welted. PM me so we can chat about the specifics of this line--I chatted with Brian (formerly diorshoe, now just shoe) a bit before buying them and I can share what I learned. This pair isn't shell cordovan. If you like the clunky/gunboat shell aesthetic, you probably won't like these shoes. (edit: I shouldn't say that...I think you will like these shoes...they're just not as clunky as a big shoe in shell). They're very sleek and made of full-grain calf. 3. The color is pretty squarely brown, but the front of the toe looks a lot more like black (edit again: not really black, just a much darker shade of "dark brown") due to the heavy antiquing. The antiquing is much, much more subtle than it is on most of their shoes and is, in my opinion at least, very tastefully done. I can take a flash photo to show you the extent to which the shoe is antiqued if you would like. PS: Thanks for bumping my thread for me
smile.gif

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some new "quick 'n dirty" pictures (I haven't touched them up at all, other than to compress them to 800x600 resolution). The flash shots have over-exaggerated all the antiquing and the non-flash shots are closer to what the shoe looks like in standard indoor lighting (though the open-air lighting in my bedroom isn't exactly the best quality lighting).

4vnubk2.jpg

6bsshnp.jpg

2eans68.jpg

6g0oy0p.jpg

JohnMS

Reaction score
nerdy,

The Compton boots arrive and the fit is good. Feels like I'm wearing AE army boots...I like them.

Thanks.

P.S. What branch of the service did Mr. Allen and Mr. Edmonds serve in again? Army Air Corps?

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recieved my highlanders. Nice shoes for a iffy day. Thanks a bunch
smile.gif

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Canuker
Recieved my highlanders. Nice shoes for a iffy day. Thanks a bunch
smile.gif

Thanks
smile.gif

I'm glad they worked out for you. Sorry about the ridiculous customs stuff...I hope it was resolved to your satisfaction.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Those Santoni are immaculate and look just like a pair of EG I have.

Damn you Karim for not having 10.5 feet!
smile.gif

Phoenix

Reaction score
I received the Santoni's and they look even better in person. I'm throwing a mirror shine of them that would make a drill sergeant proud. Thanks again Karim!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads