or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's - Page 22

post #316 of 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meis View Post
bullshit. Unless your pants are literally glued on tight (like levi 510s) its not going to be an issue. No one is going to care. Lots of guys (well, ok guys on here...) wear their dress pants tapered down to 7-7.5 or so. I'm tired of hearing this line repeated over and over by people. Only a very few jobs (banks maybe?) would be that strict, and usually the person worried about it is just worried about co-workers giving them shit for wearing "skinny pants" or some bs.

I actually do work in banking. Per the employee handbook, I am not allowed to have my ear pierced (I don't have my ear pierced but that just shows how conservative of a bank I work for)

As far as casual pants and jeans, 7 or 7.5 inch hem is exactly what I like. But professionally, I prefer a slightly different look. Most of my work pants are from H&M, so they are very slim fitting. Judging from the pictures on the Dockers website, those look even tighter. I could be completely wrong. I have actually never owned a pair of dockers period. But it's a moot point because I don't care for the colors anyway.
post #317 of 1825
got one pair of dockers slim straight today. Not impressed, seem pretty crappy, at $35 they are reasonably priced, but I would certainly not even pay $50 for them. They are fairly slim in the thighs/top block, I'm between a 32/33 and should of went 33 as the 32 is too tight. For cheap pants I much prefer Nordstrom's 1901 brand khakis, which were around $50 during there sale I believe. I will be return these.
post #318 of 1825
dont wear dockers to a bank (assuming ibanking or something like that, not as a teller or whatever). people will laugh at you. get brooks brothers
post #319 of 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooba View Post
I actually do work in banking. Per the employee handbook, I am not allowed to have my ear pierced (I don't have my ear pierced but that just shows how conservative of a bank I work for)

As far as casual pants and jeans, 7 or 7.5 inch hem is exactly what I like. But professionally, I prefer a slightly different look. Most of my work pants are from H&M, so they are very slim fitting. Judging from the pictures on the Dockers website, those look even tighter. I could be completely wrong. I have actually never owned a pair of dockers period. But it's a moot point because I don't care for the colors anyway.

if i were you i'd throw 2 pairs of j crew's bowery pant into the mix. the urban slim fit has about a 7.5 in leg opening and the rest of the pant is styled more like a trouser than a chino, there's a hook and bar closure and chambray lining at the waistband.
post #320 of 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemagic View Post
dont wear dockers to a bank (assuming ibanking or something like that, not as a teller or whatever). people will laugh at you. get brooks brothers

dockers f/w 10 collection was actually a pleasant surprise. they've gone a long way in terms of fit, and the quality of my khaki waders is pretty good too.

here's a link to the presentation: http://www.denimhunt.com/denimhunt/2...0-preview.html
post #321 of 1825
could someone recommend me a few casual shoes that go well with chinos and jeans, besides the desert boot and blucher mocs?
post #322 of 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite View Post
if i were you i'd throw 2 pairs of j crew's bowery pant into the mix. the urban slim fit has about a 7.5 in leg opening and the rest of the pant is styled more like a trouser than a chino, there's a hook and bar closure and chambray lining at the waistband.

+1 on the Bowery pants. I got a couple in classic fit, nice fit & details, split curtain waistband etc. Definitely good for the price.
post #323 of 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by playdohh22 View Post
could someone recommend me a few casual shoes that go well with chinos and jeans, besides the desert boot and blucher mocs?

uh, most anything. Boots, lace ups, boat shoes, loafers, etc... just avoid shoes that are clearly more dressy/formal, for instance don't wear the same shoes you would wear to an interview at a law firm or bank. Boots/shoes in a more 'antiqued leather" work quite well with jeans.
Like these for instance -http://www.selectism.com/news/2009/0...s-brogue-boot/
post #324 of 1825
Anyone have experience with Lands End Canvas slim fit chinos?
http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/SlimFi...2&origin=index
post #325 of 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
Anyone have experience with Lands End Canvas slim fit chinos?
http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/SlimFi...2&origin=index

I recently ordered a pair. I'll post my comments when it arrives.
post #326 of 1825
i just found dockers "new slim fit" (basically in-your-face-look-over-here display at macys) i was super excited since they were 20 bux... all in perfect colors...

but then...

i tried them on...

holy clown pants! they had an 18+ inch opening on a 30x30.. my shoes were almost entirely covered. i was so damn mad..

im sticking only with jcrew urban slim fit.. i must have tried on pants from every single pant making company in the universe, the j.crew are the only ones that fit.. my only complaint about them is that i just wish the rise was about 1/2-1 inch lower.. but it varies by pants..

i recommend the urban slim fit for sure.. the stanton are the most compfortable pants ever, and the broken in chinos are the perfect weight..
post #327 of 1825
just received my dockers khaki waders. These definitely fit slimmer than jcrew urban slim fit stanton pants and rugby university chinos. Overall, they have a slimmer silhouette compared to those 2 chinos.

best part is there is little to none ass and thigh bagginess found in other chinos. these almost fit like jean style.

these dockers arent as broken in as jcrew/rugby but quality wise is not as great as them. for some reason, these feel kinda like plastic and makes these rubbery sounds when i walk.
post #328 of 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceekay View Post

i recommend the urban slim fit for sure.. the stanton are the most compfortable pants ever, and the broken in chinos are the perfect weight..

As someone who has not tried on pants from every single pant making company in the universe, what exactly is the difference between the Stanton pants and every other J Crew chino?
post #329 of 1825
stanton is made with a lighter fabric with a noticeably softer hand.
post #330 of 1825
Can anybody recommend me some decently priced mustard chinos? Preferrably with a slim fit? I can't seem to find anything in a good ol' mustard.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's