or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's - Page 18

post #256 of 1831
Quote:
Originally Posted by burningbright View Post
I need some advice on some chinos.

I'm 6'1 and 210 with large thighs and calves and a 36 waist. I'd like a slimmer fitting chino but most of the usual suspects I've tried (J. Crew, UO, Uniqlo, etc.) are all too tight around the thighs and the regular or comfort fit ones are just too baggy. Who should I look to?

I was actually thinking about getting some Buzz Rickson vintage military chinos because they look like they'd accommodate my thighs and I like the clean, classic look and quality, but if I'm going to spend $150 for a pair I can't try on, I want to be sure. I see that RRL makes a military chino as well but I just don't know enough about the military cut to know if it would be right for me. My frame size really doesn't permit me to keep button downs un-tucked so I'm strictly a tuck-in guy if that helps narrow anything down.

Anybody have any experience with military cuts or would like to offer some alternatives that would work for me?

Thanks!

If I were you, I'd just get some decent regular fit chinos (ie j crew relaxed, etc.) and then have a tailor slim the thighs and taper the legs to your liking. It shouldn't cost much and will fit you exactly as you like.
post #257 of 1831
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsomeBoyModelling View Post
burningbright,

I'm six feet, 200 lbs and muscular thighs. Brooks Brothers cotton chinos in the "Clark" style fit me pretty well. Slim but not too snug. I found I had to order one inch larger in the waist, though, to get the right fit. They may not look "street" enough for you, but... they're chinos. Give 'em a try.

Yeah I was actually looking at those but all I've seen are pleated ones. If they do make the Clark model in a flat front I'll definitely give it a look.

I'll also look at tailoring a pair of regular or relaxed fitted chinos. Don't know why that didn't cross my mind.

Does anybody have any input on the military cut? As in, is it even considered a cut or is it just more of a style (i.e. material, features, etc.)?

Thanks for the input guys.
post #258 of 1831
just as a heads up, ordered the skinny dickies in 30w and it measures 16.5 inches across. dont know if it was a mistag or not, but washed for shrink and will probably have my tailor take it in at the waist. i have decently muscular legs and theyre not too tight, but if i returned for a smaller waist i thought they might be. feel durable though, will get good use
post #259 of 1831
Quote:
Originally Posted by burningbright View Post
Yeah I was actually looking at those but all I've seen are pleated ones. If they do make the Clark model in a flat front I'll definitely give it a look.

Have you tried the Milano? It is definitely a more tapered fit, but still pretty roomy in the thighs.
post #260 of 1831
The Clark style I ordered online is plain front. If I recall, they are non-iron. Doesn't bother me in a pant like it would in a shirt. Plus, a few washes and they're already softening up.

Personally, I wouldn't want them any slimmer or more snug, as you can start to see the shape of the quads already. Not bad, though. Just a hint that there's some muscle there. Not like 501's/ballet tights or anything. I'd suspect the Milano would be too tight, unless the thighs are cut exactly the same. But as always, ymmv.
post #261 of 1831
my levi's 510 chinos just came in the mail and they are awesome. i think that the cut is not as slim as most 510 models especially in the thighs. the only complaint i have is the hem. i got a size 28x30 and the hem is 6.75 inches. they would have been perfect if they were say 7-7.25 but other than that i like them alot
post #262 of 1831
So I just pulled the trigger on some Buzz Rickson Original Spec Khaki Chinos from Rakuten.





I wanted the beige colored ones because they looked like you could wear them in both summer and winter, but they didn't have them in my size. After shipping the total came to $130, which doesn't seem that bad considering that other BR chinos I've seen have been higher than that without shipping (also baggier). These were the slimmest BR chino I could find but still looked roomy enough in the thighs. I'll try and post some fit pics when they arrive.

Here's a comparison of the beige and khaki if anybody is curious. Look at the huge difference between the BR40025's and the M43036's.

post #263 of 1831
Quote:
Originally Posted by burningbright View Post
So I just pulled the trigger on some Buzz Rickson Original Spec Khaki Chinos from Rakuten.

*snip*

I wanted the beige colored ones because they looked like you could wear them in both summer and winter, but they didn't have them in my size. After shipping the total came to $130, which doesn't seem that bad considering that other BR chinos I've seen have been higher than that without shipping (also baggier). These were the slimmest BR chino I could find but still looked roomy enough in the thighs. I'll try and post some fit pics when they arrive.

Here's a comparison of the beige and khaki if anybody is curious. Look at the huge difference between the BR40025's and the M43036's.


those are not slim. more like straight
post #264 of 1831
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopp View Post
those are not slim. more like Huge

ftfy
post #265 of 1831
im sure the quality is on point...but those look just like dickies ...just sayin
post #266 of 1831
I just ordered a pair of the slim fits from Lands End Canvas, and also a pair of the khaki waders from Dockers. Will try to post up some fit pics when I get them.
post #267 of 1831
I'm looking to get a pair of uniqlo vintage washed chinos. Does anyone know how those fit compared to a pair of Levi's 511?
post #268 of 1831
Meh, what can I say, it's frustrating when you've got 24 inch thighs. It could also stand to reason that slim means something different when you're a 36 waist and have big thighs and calves. I've tried a lot of slim fitting chinos and pants and they are most often way too tight in the thighs and the ass to the point that they look spandex ridiculous. I'm sure they would look great on guys with slighter frames but until you've seen me in a pair of size 36 Uniqlo T-000's (think breakfast sausages threatening to burst their cases), you'll understand my decision to go with the BR's.

Besides, other chinos I tried were too baggy. I needed an in between fit and the measurements on the BR's looked like they would work. It should also be said that I wouldn't hesitate to tailor these as needed either.

And yeah I realize I could have just as easily grabbed a pair of Dickies but I wanted a pair of chinos that would last a long time and everything I've heard about Buzz Rickson indicates that they are really high quality. Plus, there's a part of me that really resonates with the military repro aspect of their work. A nostalgic quality that takes me back to when I was a kid and seeing photos of my grandfather in his officer's uniform on the bridge of the ship he commanded. I like anything like that; anything that can connect me to the past. True, they're just repros, but it's the intent behind it that counts for me.

Anyway, I'll try and post some fit pics when I get them.
post #269 of 1831
Quote:
Originally Posted by burningbright View Post
Meh, what can I say, it's frustrating when you've got 24 inch thighs. It could also stand to reason that slim means something different when you're a 36 waist and have big thighs and calves. I've tried a lot of slim fitting chinos and pants and they are most often way too tight in the thighs and the ass to the point that they look spandex ridiculous. I'm sure they would look great on guys with slighter frames but until you've seen me in a pair of size 36 Uniqlo T-000's (think breakfast sausages threatening to burst their cases), you'll understand my decision to go with the BR's.

Besides, other chinos I tried were too baggy. I needed an in between fit and the measurements on the BR's looked like they would work. It should also be said that I wouldn't hesitate to tailor these as needed either.

And yeah I realize I could have just as easily grabbed a pair of Dickies but I wanted a pair of chinos that would last a long time and everything I've heard about Buzz Rickson indicates that they are really high quality. Plus, there's a part of me that really resonates with the military repro aspect of their work. A nostalgic quality that takes me back to when I was a kid and seeing photos of my grandfather in his officer's uniform on the bridge of the ship he commanded. I like anything like that; anything that can connect me to the past. True, they're just repros, but it's the intent behind it that counts for me.

Anyway, I'll try and post some fit pics when I get them.

cool story
post #270 of 1831
Uniqlo has great staple chino shorts for $20 -- willing to proxy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's