or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's - Page 108

post #1606 of 1825
the seat does look a little baggy, but i think it's fine. i have found my alphas to shrink a little bit after washing them so i think the fit will improve a little after a wash.
post #1607 of 1825

Looking for highly textured or flecked dark wool chinos to buy eventually. Anyone got any recommendations?

post #1608 of 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by InHocSignio View Post

Looking for highly textured or flecked dark wool chinos to buy eventually. Anyone got any recommendations?

Chino cloth by definition is made from cotton or cotton/synthetic blend, not wool.
post #1609 of 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millerp View Post


Chino cloth by definition is made from cotton or cotton/synthetic blend, not wool.

 

For a long time I've been wanting what I mentioned above, but didn't know how to describe it.  Then I came across this listing from Norse Projects, where they call the trouser a "wool chino": 

 

 

 

It is close to, but not exactly what I want.  It doesn't have as rough a fabric as I want, as detailed from photo 3, nor the tweed flecking.

post #1610 of 1825

J crew 484s fit me well but they suffer from an extreme case of pocket flare. I'm afraid to sit down in them smile.gif.

Any alternatives?

post #1611 of 1825

I'd look into Epaulet too, I've fallen for their chinos and trousers quite hard.

post #1612 of 1825

Does anyone know some good chinos that have a leg opening that's less than 7 inches flat in a size 29 or 30 waist? The only nice pants I have are a pair of N&F Skinny Guys, which fit well above the knee but are too roomy at the bottom. Levi's 508s fit me well but I'd like to pick up something a little nicer (quality/fabric-wise)

post #1613 of 1825

Any advice for chinos/khakis that fit like Nudie's "Khaki Tight" model? (Which is based on their Tight Long John jeans) Nudie's webshop has been sold out for ages, so I was thinking that I'd try out some other brands while I wait for them to restock.

post #1614 of 1825

I wear Incotex from Slowear, their RED line makes outstanding kind of "wool" chino's.

 

Check it out on www.slowear.com and they also sell it at www.mrporter.com.
 

I don't know if they sell the ones I mean, but you can try.

 

Good Luck!!

post #1615 of 1825
How can you distinguish the quality in a pair of chinos especially the material they use (ie. cotton)? Are quality chinos usually thick or heavy? I can't decide between 2 chinos that I bought. One is a bit thin and feels a lot smoother and the other is thick and unsmooth
post #1616 of 1825

Which brands come in fixed inseams (33/34''+)? I'm looking for 29waist 34L slim fit chinos under 100$. UNIS was mentioned here but $150 is a little steep for me. 

post #1617 of 1825

I've got a bunch of Docker's Alpha khaki chino's in all sizes and colors. $25 a pair if anyone's interested! 

 

I've sized down 1 for a slim fit or TTS for a baggier and relaxed fit and they've fared well over 10+ washes. 

post #1618 of 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather View Post

I've got a bunch of Docker's Alpha khaki chino's in all sizes and colors. $25 a pair if anyone's interested! 

I've sized down 1 for a slim fit or TTS for a baggier and relaxed fit and they've fared well over 10+ washes. 

Size down? wow, when I tried these things on they were damn slim to begin with.

Funny enough in Canada the smallest size they had was 30 in the waist and it fit me spot on, normally brands like J crew and Club Monaco I'm a 28 in but it's because it's vanity sized.

I'm interested in the gray color in size 28x32 if you got. I"m going to try them on again in store Tuesday (tomorrow is a holiday) to verify if the sizing is correct
post #1619 of 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post


Size down? wow, when I tried these things on they were damn slim to begin with.

Funny enough in Canada the smallest size they had was 30 in the waist and it fit me spot on, normally brands like J crew and Club Monaco I'm a 28 in but it's because it's vanity sized.

I'm interested in the gray color in size 28x32 if you got. I"m going to try them on again in store Tuesday (tomorrow is a holiday) to verify if the sizing is correct

I feel like they are a bit vanity sized. I usually wear a 32 waist and the 31 fits me well. But yeah just shoot me a pm anytime!

post #1620 of 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather View Post

I've got a bunch of Docker's Alpha khaki chino's in all sizes and colors. $25 a pair if anyone's interested! 

 

I've sized down 1 for a slim fit or TTS for a baggier and relaxed fit and they've fared well over 10+ washes. 

Do you have olive moss or rifle green in sz 28?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's