or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's - Page 107

post #1591 of 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleu View Post

the Jcrew 484 is a way better fit than the Urban Slim. I find the Urban Slim way too big in the thigh.
x2, from my experience (and trying on Alphas, 484, Urban Slims, and BB Milanos) slimmest to loosest is 484, Alphas, Urban Slims, Milanos; I have 22" thighs FWIW.
post #1592 of 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCanavan6 View Post


x2, from my experience (and trying on Alphas, 484, Urban Slims, and BB Milanos) slimmest to loosest is 484, Alphas, Urban Slims, Milanos; I have 22" thighs FWIW.

 

Thanks for the info. Well, since the alpha khakis still didn't fit nice and slim as I was hoping I am going to order a pair of 484s and see how they are. I wish they sold them in stores to try on.

 

Since my thighs and calves may be on the smaller side, will I most likely just have to settle for a store bought pair of chinos and head to the tailor to make them taper nicely?

post #1593 of 1819

My experience with alpha khakis is that there's 2 alpha fits. A straight and tapered fit. On mine it says it inside the waistline area and I personally find the tapered fit much more appealing.

post #1594 of 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2793 View Post

Thanks for the info. Well, since the alpha khakis still didn't fit nice and slim as I was hoping I am going to order a pair of 484s and see how they are. I wish they sold them in stores to try on.

Since my thighs and calves may be on the smaller side, will I most likely just have to settle for a store bought pair of chinos and head to the tailor to make them taper nicely?
I tried mine on in the store. They were so tight on me I felt like I was wearing Under Armour leggings.
post #1595 of 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2793 View Post

Thanks for the info. Well, since the alpha khakis still didn't fit nice and slim as I was hoping I am going to order a pair of 484s and see how they are. I wish they sold them in stores to try on.

Since my thighs and calves may be on the smaller side, will I most likely just have to settle for a store bought pair of chinos and head to the tailor to make them taper nicely?

You must be really slim then. The alpha's are damn slim on me. Yes I'd recommend you taking it to a tailor if off the rack isn't the exact fit you're looking for. Good luck and post pics.

I wish the dockers would go on sale here in Canada. Go figure the smallest size they have is 30 waist. Are dockers vanity sized at all? My actual waist is 30 but all my mall brand clothing is usually from Club Monaco and I fit in a 28 perfectly, so I know Club monaco is vanity sized..
post #1596 of 1819

Any slim/tapered khaki cargoes?  The current iteration of the Uniqlo perfect shape ones are too light in color for me (beigey) also I'm not sure if they changed the fit but it's wonky/looser.  Perfect slim =/= perfect shape?

post #1597 of 1819

not sure if these have been previously mentioned, but I would recommend the Life After Denim slim chino. I find them to be the most slim cut of any of the most recently mentioned.

post #1598 of 1819

Here are a few fit pictures of alpha khakis 29x30. I don't know if I'm overthinking the whole baggy-like feel. The seat, knees, and length seem loose and look unflattering but I suppose it isn't horrible. Should I get these tailored in any way or simply try something different? Just looking for a casual everyday chino. I don't usually wear buttoned shirts (or tuck in for that matter).

 

 

 

 

post #1599 of 1819
I think you're spending too much time on here with all these fit nazi's... Relax man it's just chinos.. Probably could be shortened but thats about it.. Shit isn't gonna stop you from getting laid
post #1600 of 1819
Thanks, and yes I do apologize for posting so much about this.
post #1601 of 1819
I agree with you that they seem a bit baggy in the seat. I would think you could find a better fit
post #1602 of 1819
Has anyone managed to get rid of the sheen on Dockers Alpha Khakis? Worn and washed a few times but still there.
post #1603 of 1819

Can anyone recommend some slim flannel-lined chinos (or cords)? I nee some warmth, and I feel like they'd look cool with a cuff.

post #1604 of 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2793 View Post

Here are a few fit pictures of alpha khakis 29x30. I don't know if I'm overthinking the whole baggy-like feel. The seat, knees, and length seem loose and look unflattering but I suppose it isn't horrible. Should I get these tailored in any way or simply try something different? Just looking for a casual everyday chino. I don't usually wear buttoned shirts (or tuck in for that matter).










try some west is dead or baldwin ryan chinos. would be a much better fit for you.
post #1605 of 1819

^+1. west is dead!!!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's