Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Price Drop 3/12: Arfango, Valentini, Incotex, Pringle, Barba, Loro Piana, Boglioli ++ Last post on 3/12/11 at 11:45pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- FS: 5/18 Final Drops Incotex cotton pants Last post on 5/21/11 at 2:13pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Drops - only 3 left! New Pants - PT01, PT05, E. Zegna, Incotex... Last post on 4/9/15 at 7:59pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Drops! Incotex, PT01, Canali, Belvest, etc. - All sizes! Last post on 3/16/15 at 11:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Pants: PT01, Incotex, Ermenegildo Zegna - Small and Large Sizes! Last post on 1/24/15 at 11:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's - Page 98
Does anyone have J Crew chinos in urban slim fit? Would you be so kind as to post a picture so I can see how slim the fit is?
I've noticed that there are various kinds of chino material and I'm curious whether there's a name for the various types. For ex. the difference between these pictures
Well, the second picture may not even be chinos, but there are chinos that have that kind of texture and are obviously different from the first picture.
Can someone tell me which category Dockers fall into? Are there names for these different types?
Edited by Alfred001 - 5/22/12 at 12:15pm
I did some searching around and apparently there's a cloth called cramerton or polished cotton (if they are indeed the same thing), is that the kind that's in the first picture? What is the other type called, canvas?
How many types of fabric are chinos made in?
Edited by Alfred001 - 5/24/12 at 12:17am
From personal experience ...
Fairly high rise:
Dockers Soft Khakis D1
Lands End Canvas
J.Crew Classic Fit
Dockers Alpha Khakis
Uniqlo Antique Vintage Chinos
Levi's 511 or 514 khakis
My roommate got some and I tried them on. Size 31 fits me perfectly and the material is perfect for summer. Construction is great. Almost the perfect summer chino (or if you live in a semi-tropical climate, three-season chino).
- › What to wear this with? 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 2016/09/30 - "Blue and Green Now Must Be Seen" 16 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 29 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 32 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 40 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 42 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 43 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...