Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Price Drop 3/12: Arfango, Valentini, Incotex, Pringle, Barba, Loro Piana, Boglioli ++ Last post on 3/12/11 at 11:45pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- FS: 5/18 Final Drops Incotex cotton pants Last post on 5/21/11 at 2:13pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Drops - only 3 left! New Pants - PT01, PT05, E. Zegna, Incotex... Last post on 4/9/15 at 7:59pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Drops! Incotex, PT01, Canali, Belvest, etc. - All sizes! Last post on 3/16/15 at 11:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Pants: PT01, Incotex, Ermenegildo Zegna - Small and Large Sizes! Last post on 1/24/15 at 11:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's - Page 98
Does anyone have J Crew chinos in urban slim fit? Would you be so kind as to post a picture so I can see how slim the fit is?
I've noticed that there are various kinds of chino material and I'm curious whether there's a name for the various types. For ex. the difference between these pictures
Well, the second picture may not even be chinos, but there are chinos that have that kind of texture and are obviously different from the first picture.
Can someone tell me which category Dockers fall into? Are there names for these different types?
Edited by Alfred001 - 5/22/12 at 12:15pm
I did some searching around and apparently there's a cloth called cramerton or polished cotton (if they are indeed the same thing), is that the kind that's in the first picture? What is the other type called, canvas?
How many types of fabric are chinos made in?
Edited by Alfred001 - 5/24/12 at 12:17am
From personal experience ...
Fairly high rise:
Dockers Soft Khakis D1
Lands End Canvas
J.Crew Classic Fit
Dockers Alpha Khakis
Uniqlo Antique Vintage Chinos
Levi's 511 or 514 khakis
My roommate got some and I tried them on. Size 31 fits me perfectly and the material is perfect for summer. Construction is great. Almost the perfect summer chino (or if you live in a semi-tropical climate, three-season chino).
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 3 minutes ago
- › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. 4 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 4 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 8 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 17 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum 17 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding