or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › B&S Archive › WTB: Cheap suit, Size 38R!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WTB: Cheap suit, Size 38R!

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
I'm looking for a size 38R suit I can buy for cheap, as in less then $150. It needs to be slim fitting, and have pants 33 or 34 (is that rare) I'm looking for pretty much any color, but grey or navy would be best. Let me know what you guys have.
post #2 of 12
Most 38R will have a 32 waist on the pants, but you can certainly have it altered easily to fit a 33 or 34 waist. As well, most "slim fitting" 38R may even have skinnier pants than that... but, again, it can be altered.
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
I've had a couple offers, but I'm still looking.
post #4 of 12
If you need a slim fitting, cheaper suit, do you live near an H&M, Zara, or Express? Often you can find decent brand new slim suits there for a good price and in the exact color/fabric/etc that you want. Also, have you tried ebay?

Also, could you be a little more specific on what you want? Wool, cotton, lightweight, midweight, lined/partially lined, 3B, 2B, Single breast, etc etc? For what settings will you wear it, i.e. work, going out, funerals, etc? I'm just wondering because I am also a 38R and can see if I can find anything that might work for you...

I have a black 3 button, SB, flat-front pant cotton Versus Versace from a few years back (one of the last seasons before Versus got discontinued) that is quite slim and I could sell you for around $150... but I don't know if you are looking for something fashion-y or more conservative.
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
... but I don't know if you are looking for something fashion-y or more conservative.

If it's conservative that you want, I have a Navy Samuelsohn, 100% Wool twill suit. 3 button fully canvassed jkt (unvented). Single pleat pant. The jacket is quite slim for a Samuelsohn. The pants not so much, but the legs could easily be taken in. There is a small tear in one of the pant legs that has been nicely repaired. The suit is a perfect interview suit and doesn't appear dated at all (apart from the jkt being unvented). $70 would do.
post #6 of 12
^That's a great deal. I would recomend that one over my suit any day, especially for that price.
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by long_knives View Post
If it's conservative that you want, I have a Navy Samuelsohn, 100% Wool twill suit. 3 button fully canvassed jkt (unvented). Single pleat pant. The jacket is quite slim for a Samuelsohn. The pants not so much, but the legs could easily be taken in. There is a small tear in one of the pant legs that has been nicely repaired. The suit is a perfect interview suit and doesn't appear dated at all (apart from the jkt being unvented). $70 would do.

That sounds nice. You better buy it Brian before I do !
post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
I'm 18, and would like it to be a mit more modern, since I'm younger and I can get away with it. I need it for some weddings and other occasions such as plays or whatnot. So a heavy tweed probably wouldn't work out so great.
post #9 of 12
EDIT; somebody else decided to snag the suit. Glad that another forum member could use it!
post #10 of 12
What is the length of the jacket, rach2jlc?
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianVarick View Post
I'm looking for a size 38R suit I can buy for cheap, as in less then $150. It needs to be slim fitting, and have pants 33 or 34 (is that rare) I'm looking for pretty much any color, but grey or navy would be best. Let me know what you guys have.
I have over 35 suits this size in stock: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/A-Designer-...QQftidZ2QQtZkm Trousers can be adjusted by my tailor to fit 33"/34" ~ not a problem. Regards, John
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktri View Post
What is the length of the jacket, rach2jlc?

I don't have it in front of me (I'll check it when I'm at home), but it's pretty standard... 31 or 32 inches from the collar to the hem. All in all, it's a pretty standard 3B cotton suit in the Versace cut.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: B&S Archive
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › B&S Archive › WTB: Cheap suit, Size 38R!