• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grenson MP at Bennies' Shoes (Atlanta)

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New shipment in 2-3 weeks, lots of shoes in all sizes.
They're going to start the pricing at $350 this year.

In other news, I bought a pair of J&M spade sole handmades today. The fit isn't perfect but I just couldn't resist. I'm still in shock.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Karim.
smile.gif

Time to visit and leave my number for an early call...

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot that I had neglected to provide some critical information. I was at the store on Piedmont (which is where I think the main stock is going to be).

In the store, there probably 5-10 pairs of Grenson Masterpiece shoes as well as some other ridiculously nice pairs (A couple old stock Henry Maxwell, IIRC, as well as 4--now 3--pairs of old stock J&M Hand Made Aristocrafts). If you wear 7 1/2 or 8, you can basically get yourself an amazing shoe wardrobe at a huge discount.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
New shipment in 2-3 weeks, lots of shoes in all sizes.
They're going to start the pricing at $350 this year.

In other news, I bought a pair of J&M spade sole handmades today. The fit isn't perfect but I just couldn't resist. I'm still in shock.

Like from the 1940-50s you mean like these?

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
Like from the 1940-50s you mean like these?
Yup but mine are wingtips. The right shoe was in the showroom but the left was sitting in its box; it had never been tried on or even laced up. My camera was at work last night but I'll snap a few pictures when I get home tonight. This is the exact same as the pair I have though. edit: I don't think they're actually from the 40's. And re: pricing, I think that's appropriate for the classic models...they can always reduce the price later (or adjust it based on the popularity of the model).

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
confused.gif
That's crazy. I'm sure they'll get some takers, but wow.

I actually think its a fair price given the exchange rates issues.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
The price is disappointing. A hundred dollars cheaper and I might be interested in the right pair, but I'll be sitting this one out.

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I actually think its a fair price given the exchange rates issues.

True about FX, but why then didn't Paul Stuart raise prices on SC level shoes?

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I still think that $350 is a little high for the discount market.

I agree. Of course, if they can sell them at that price then it's a wise decision on their part. If they can't, then markdowns won't be far behind.

I'm surprised that Stuart would let another shipment go to Bennie's. My understanding was they weren't happy about Bennie's Grensons in the past.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
My understanding was they weren't happy about Bennie's Grensons in the past.

I didn't get that impression from the store. Do you know any more details?

They did tell me, though, that these would be first-quality shoes from PS and that they had to take out the PS-labeled insole and replace it with one from Grenson.

ltontheqt

Reaction score
Does all sizes really mean an across-the-board range? Bennie's only seems to carry the smaller sizes. Am I mistaken?

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
I didn't get that impression from the store. Do you know any more details?
I had understood that PS had renegotiated some things after the earlier Bennie's loads, but that could be mistaken.

Originally Posted by ltontheqt
Does all sizes really mean an across-the-board range? Bennie's only seems to carry the smaller sizes. Am I mistaken?

Bennie's only has the smaller/odd sizes left as the others were cleaned out in mad frenzies.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ltontheqt

The smaller sizes are basically all that was left after the feeding frenzy. I was told that they'll get sizes all across the board (though I don't know how much we'll see in the 13 + range this time, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads