or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Unexpected encounters with celebrities
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unexpected encounters with celebrities - Page 118

post #1756 of 2523
Quote:
Originally Posted by pscolari View Post

You do know he likes little boys, right?

No wonder he looks so happy there
post #1757 of 2523
Anything I can do to brighten someone's day
post #1758 of 2523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot View Post

Anything I can do to brighten someone's day

You could have been his pool boy if you were younger.
post #1759 of 2523
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

No wonder he looks so happy there

lol8[1].gif and "ratty and disheveled" I think was being kind. How can someone considering a $4M house go around like that? He looks like he should be picking weeds in the garden.
post #1760 of 2523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot View Post

Out in L.A. for spring break. We had just done the typical touristy stuff with the overlook on Mullholland Dr. Driving around and saw an open house sign. Figured what the hell. We all went in it. As soon as we walked in, I saw a pretty overweight older guy wearing a grey t-shirt and a flannel shirt as a jacket over it. He looked really ratty and disheveled. Didn't think much of it. Realtor was very cool/nice. Told us the house used to belong to Elton John's manager. Walked around for a bit. A friend and I were checking out the lower level and the older gentlemen was walking down the stairs as we were standing in the master bedroom. We both looked at him, looked at each other, and simultaneously said, "is that the principle from Ferris Bueller?" Turns out it was Jeff Jones. He was a really nice guy. Gave us a bunch of things to do in L.A. Talked with him and the realtor for about 15 minutes. He agreed to a picture with us. All in all, pretty cool experience. The house was 4 million with a nice view of the Hollywood sign.
261

He was probably just happy for the company. I'd imagine it's pretty difficult for a registered sex offender to socialize with people outside of his own home.
post #1761 of 2523
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

My best friend is in a bunch of bands up in Lexington, KY, one of which has become Eddie Montgomery's favorite local act. This means my friend gets do hang out with Eddie from time to time (he has some pretty cool stories). A couple of Friday nights ago, my friend called to tell me one such story during a break at a gig, and he passed the phone to Eddie to say "hi." Ol' Eddie was hammered and it was like talking to a shitfaced Boomhauer from King of the Hill. He was hilarious, and it was pretty cool talking to him for a minute.

I had to look this guy up. I still don't know who he is, but that's a big fucking hat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot View Post

261

That's a bro-fest if I have ever seen one.

I have always known him as Charles Deetz from Beetlejuice.

To me he will always be the Dark Overlord of the Universe from Howard the Duck.
post #1762 of 2523
I sat right by Martina Navratilova at dinner tonight. She was there with a posse that included some attractive young blonde women and they were all speaking Russian or Czech the whole night. To my surprise, she's very eloquent. She had the porterhouse and a salad.
post #1763 of 2523
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

I sat right by Martina Navratilova at dinner tonight. She was there with a posse that included some attractive young blonde women and they were all speaking Russian or Czech the whole night. To my surprise, she's very eloquent. She had the porterhouse and a salad.

where was this if I may ask? (whatever you're comfortable sharing) and why were you surprised by her eloquence? she's a smart woman and one of the best tennis players of all time (male or female). that's pretty cool in my book but I love tennis and was just playing this afternoon. did you say hello or just kinda eavesdrop? I bet that posse had some hotties!! nod[1].gif
post #1764 of 2523
It was at Benjamin Steakhouse in New York (41st and 7th). I couldn't understand a word she said the whole night. She was very quiet while her group was talking throughout, but she still had this really odd, larger-than-life presence, like a female version of Vito Corleone. My mom recognized her and after that I was watching her the whole night like a star-struck fan. Normally I just shrug celebrities off, but this was an exception.
post #1765 of 2523
interesting because I wondered if in fact she was speaking English. Thanks for sharing...for me that's a much cooler celeb story than many. I watched her playing growing up and she's still in great shape. Cheers!
post #1766 of 2523
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

I sat right by Martina Navratilova at dinner tonight. She was there with a posse that included some attractive young blonde women and they were all speaking Russian or Czech the whole night. To my surprise, she's very eloquent. She had the porterhouse and a salad.

Who the fuck is that!?!? confused.gif
post #1767 of 2523
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

I sat right by Martina Navratilova at dinner tonight. She was there with a posse that included some attractive young blonde women and they were all speaking Russian or Czech the whole night. To my surprise, she's very eloquent. She had the porterhouse and a salad.

For some reason, my father is a huge fan of hers. He says she was really great back in the day. All I see is a wrinkly sack of bones lol. I'd much prefer meeting Sharapova.
post #1768 of 2523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

For some reason, my father is a huge fan of hers. He says she was really great back in the day. All I see is a wrinkly sack of bones lol. I'd much prefer meeting Sharapova.

He's a fan of hers because she is one of the greatest tennis players of ALL TIME male or female... not because she's arguably attractive and screams on court more annoyingly than a "little girl" Japanese porn star. Martina would have eaten Maria for breakfast one-handed and with one eye closed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Who the fuck is that!?!? confused.gif

uhhh pB... see above.
post #1769 of 2523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

where was this if I may ask? (whatever you're comfortable sharing) and why were you surprised by her eloquence? she's a smart woman and one of the best tennis players of all time (male or female). that's pretty cool in my book but I love tennis and was just playing this afternoon. did you say hello or just kinda eavesdrop? I bet that posse had some hotties!! nod[1].gif

You know that she likes women, right?
post #1770 of 2523
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post

You know that she likes women, right?

So, she's old and a lesbian? Damn. Kid Nickels sure knows how to pick 'em.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Unexpected encounters with celebrities