or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › General Football Talk (that's soccer guys)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

General Football Talk (that's soccer guys) - Page 9

post #121 of 283
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by water View Post
On a different note, it appears that Grant is living up to people's expectations by being completely out-managed in the Carling Cup final.

I wish I could see this match. I don't really know either manager but I'd love to see Spurs take it. Just so that Chelsea loses. I want to see Abromovich get that pissy look on his face when his hundreds of millions of pounds can't buy him everything he wants.

b
post #122 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedwhite View Post
this pic is safe and doesn't show too much.
BTW, this is the injury happening. Taylor goes recklessly .. and the rest is history.


you are not allowed to go in with your cleats up like that, period. it doesn't matter if you go in 'hard' or not, or if you go in high or low. when you go in cleats first, you are always putting the other player at high risk for injury, and whether you touch him or not, it's a red. (think ronaldinho's red against england.)

the commentators i've heard say stupid things like he went in hard or he went in high. taylor's own manager suggested it was only worth a yellow. it's as if no one knows the laws of the game.
post #123 of 283
Call me picky but they wouldn't be playing football if they led with any other part of their body when they tackled....
post #124 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta View Post
taylor's own manager suggested it was only worth a yellow. it's as if no one knows the laws of the game.

What do you expect him to say? It's his own manager
post #125 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawson808 View Post
I was referring to Benecios's comment about the Italians playing shit in Europe.

b

I said INTER playing shit in Europe not "the Italians". When did Inter last win the Champions League/European Cup?? I will tell you,1965!
post #126 of 283
Its good to see that Mr Magoo has retracted his earlier comments about Taylor never being allowed to play again. The guy has a very short memory,it was only seven days ago when Eboue tried cutting Evra in half and then Flamini and Hoyte were chasing Nani round the pitch with studs flying everywhere. But then it was OK to try and finish someone's career because he was "showboating".
And as for Gallas' behaviour at the end of the game,completely bizarre!!
post #127 of 283
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by benecios View Post
I said INTER playing shit in Europe not "the Italians". When did Inter last win the Champions League/European Cup?? I will tell you,1965!

Ah, I mis-read it. Sorry. Chill out for christ's sake.


b
post #128 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawson808 View Post
Ah, I mis-read it. Sorry. Chill out for christ's sake.


b

Sorry Bob.Mr Wenger has got me all wound up this weekend!
post #129 of 283
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by benecios View Post
Sorry Bob.Mr Wenger has got me all wound up this weekend!

No worries. I read that first post and just thought "What's he talking about? Didn't AC Milan win Euro last year? Sheesh." Inter? Well, Inter's another matter.

b
post #130 of 283
A fine victory against Chelsea yesterday, nice to have a trophy at the Lane again.
post #131 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishGent View Post
A fine victory against Chelsea yesterday, nice to have a trophy at the Lane again.

why are you in iowa?
post #132 of 283
My kids are in Iowa and I didn't want to be a "two weeks for summer" dad.
post #133 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishGent View Post
My kids are in Iowa and I didn't want to be a "two weeks for summer" dad.

well done.
post #134 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Burgess View Post
Call me picky but they wouldn't be playing football if they led with any other part of their body when they tackled....

Unless your comment was tongue in cheek, there is a big difference between tackling cleats up or down.
post #135 of 283
Shock of the night!! An Arsenal team woefully short of confidence after being humiliated by Man U go to the San Siro and embarrass Milan.I don't know whether to laugh or cry?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › General Football Talk (that's soccer guys)