or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › B&S Archive › FS: RM Williams Forum Special Chelsea Boots Size 8G
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FS: RM Williams Forum Special Chelsea Boots Size 8G

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
*SOLD* Thanks for all your emails and offers, thanks SF! Brand New, just received them yesterday. Never worn, never walked around in, just tried on once, want a wider size. Model: Forum Special Model Chelseas or "FSM", courtesy of Sator in this thread: http://styleforum.net/showthread.php...light=williams Color: Black French Veal Calf Size: 8 G Outsole length measurement: 11.5" Outsole width measurement: 4" (click to enlarge)
post #2 of 19
What is your estimate on US size equiv having tried them on?
post #3 of 19
Thread Starter 
Good question - since these are my first Chelsea boots, I'm not sure if I can give a meaningful guess in US size. Let me tell you a bit about the journey, and maybe that'll help.

My feet have been measured by brannock device to be 8E.

I tried on AE Park Avenues, and I preferred the 8EEE fit - sounds strange, i know; it's either the particular last, my slightly thick foot, my preference for a little room, or a combination of all factors. In any case, I got the 8G according to Sator's "standard formula."

They work, but they're a little snug widthwise. Actually, in his guide, Sator did say the boots felt slightly narrower than the equivalent AE. I personally would like to have a bit more room, just a personal preference.
post #4 of 19
Using that formula, how did you find the boots to be in length?
post #5 of 19
to give you another perspective, I am an 11 D in nearly all AEs and I had to replace the pair of forum specials I ordered because they were Ds and they were way too narrow. I now have a pair of 11F on the way that I hope to have any time now and I'm pretty confident they will fit.

basically, I would go with your normal shoe size but size up one width.
post #6 of 19
Is stretching an option? I have had very good results with stretching my narrow shoes. Wearing them for a few hours on a slightly wet sock will do it.
post #7 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENT View Post
Using that formula, how did you find the boots to be in length?

The same - I think they correspond closely to US length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkzzzz View Post
Is stretching an option? I have had very good results with stretching my narrow shoes. Wearing them for a few hours on a slightly wet sock will do it.

I have a personal philosophy that 300+ dollar shoes should fit exactly how I want them to feel out of the box. I'm sure calf will stretch and boots will loosen up over time, but I always prefer some room, especially since I like to add comfort insoles. Just my thing, though.
post #8 of 19
I've found any kind of insole dramatically reduces the room inside, so yeah I would say don't bother with stretching.
post #9 of 19
Thread Starter 
(edit)
post #10 of 19
Thread Starter 
reduced again
post #11 of 19
What is the overall lenght and width of the outsole?
Thank you.

Do you have a "profile", side shot of the boot available?
post #12 of 19
These boots would fit a 9D comfortably and appropriately.
post #13 of 19
Thread Starter 
Post updated in response to requests, measurements and profile pic.
post #14 of 19
anyone know how differently a french veal calf version fits compared to the normal calf models? I know I fit a standard 8 G calf Craftsman, but not sure if it's significantly different.
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by undarted View Post
Good question - since these are my first Chelsea boots, I'm not sure if I can give a meaningful guess in US size. Let me tell you a bit about the journey, and maybe that'll help.

My feet have been measured by brannock device to be 8E.

I tried on AE Park Avenues, and I preferred the 8EEE fit - sounds strange, i know; it's either the particular last, my slightly thick foot, my preference for a little room, or a combination of all factors. In any case, I got the 8G according to Sator's "standard formula."

They work, but they're a little snug widthwise. Actually, in his guide, Sator did say the boots felt slightly narrower than the equivalent AE. I personally would like to have a bit more room, just a personal preference.

I was wondering what went wrong with my guide. But I did write this:

If you have concerns about the faint narrowness and shortness relative to PAs of the Forum Special in my Standard Formula, you should order a Forum Special using the Relaxed Fit Formula:

With that formula you'd have ended up with a pair of 8Hs. So I think I will keep my guide as it is.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: B&S Archive
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › B&S Archive › FS: RM Williams Forum Special Chelsea Boots Size 8G