Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on 12/4/16 at 9:51am in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 9:36 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Classic Menswear Lounge - Page 193post #2882 of 33172/2/16 at 10:22pmpost #2883 of 33172/2/16 at 10:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by CaptainTohm
I'm still totally floored by comparing a gun check jacket, grenadine striped tie, and blue shirt to what is worn by a begger. Maybe beggers dress differently down here in the south-eastern region of the USA.
And as someone who's parents are both teachers, yet still loves tailored clothing, I always find myself bristling when class is brought up in matters of clothing. Not saying it's right or wrong, just something that, for obviously personal reasons, it doesn't connect.
But I do love a good SF rant. Carry on.
For got to add the separate pieces are a decade apart for beggars clothing.
I can see the coat and shirt together, but the tie makes me wonder with out seeing the pants and shoes. The gold or yellow seems to bright unless he has a gold pocket watch to balance it out.post #2884 of 33172/2/16 at 11:40pmpost #2885 of 33172/3/16 at 5:51ampost #2886 of 33172/3/16 at 6:09am
I sort of disagree (about the "should"), but I do disapprove of baseball caps and flip flops at any decent restaurant.
It's about acknowledging where you are and showing respect, I think, and with current norms, a jacket and tie aren't really necessary to do that anymorepost #2887 of 33172/3/16 at 9:23am
http://www.cutterandtailor.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=585post #2888 of 33172/3/16 at 10:20amQuote:
What heresy is this?!?!? Sator notes, "The captions says that this is for business and that the coat is dark BROWN! ^_^ The trousers and waistcoat are of shepherd's check. The tailor was Hawes and Curtis of Dover Street.". And this is from the 1950's!!!! The BEST of the 1950's!post #2889 of 33172/3/16 at 10:28ampost #2890 of 33172/3/16 at 10:53ampost #2891 of 33172/3/16 at 12:23pmpost #2892 of 33172/3/16 at 12:37pmpost #2893 of 33172/3/16 at 1:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Veremund
Ok, maybe the tie isn't an absolute must, but I'd never go any place nice for dinner without at least a dark jacket.
It might be some places but not others.
"Decent restaurant" and "nice place" are so vague as to be useless, I think, for making decisions regarding appropriate dress in individual cases.
In any event the principle for restaurants is no different than for any other place: know the environment and dress accordingly.
Acpost #2894 of 33172/3/16 at 2:08pmQuote:
They are traced on so that you can see the detail of the cut and fit of the garments. Otherwise, they are not improved. They are mostly from the German tailoring magazine Rundschau: the point of which was to show the best techniques in tailoring. Yes, the best tailoring was that good.post #2895 of 33172/3/16 at 2:13pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by Testudo_Aubreii
They are traced on so that you can see the detail of the cut and fit of the garments. Otherwise, they are not improved. They are mostly from the German tailoring magazine Rundschau: the point of which was to show the best techniques in tailoring. Yes, the best tailoring was that good.
Does this mean that a jacket has not been "done right" in some forty-odd years?
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 8 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Madras Patchwork Pants 32 8 minutes ago
- › Suit button preferences for a non-business suit 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...