or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What's the stereotype of a New Jersey Girl?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's the stereotype of a New Jersey Girl? - Page 3

post #31 of 210
Based on all the girls from Jersey I have known or heard about through friends or seen depicted in TV and movies:

Italian-American, possibly connected
Speaks with a distinct accent
Can drink you/me under the table
Likes Nascar
Sluts
post #32 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
BTW: the first and third broads in the permatan pic are hot, jersey or not. Anyone here who says that are not bangable is FOS.

I agree.

On the whole, this thread further supports my position that people should have to apply for a child-birth license.
post #33 of 210
Here in brooklyn all the brooklyn + SI guidos I see sport the temple fade. Or whatever its called, you know, where their hair fades seemlessly into their skin, all the way around. It must require daily upkeep... You guys are behind, I haven't seen blow out spikes in a while.

On the other hand, I haven't been to a club recently, and most of bars/lounges I go to usually have a decent restaurant attached. You've hit the jersey/SI girl stereotype on the mark, but I'm not sure about the guys.
post #34 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
Ugh as bad as it sounds I soooo want a Gotti boy.

To date-rape?
post #35 of 210
Thread Starter 
post #36 of 210
"I am from NJ. I curse... a lot. I say "yo", and I say it often. I never had school on Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur. I sure as hell don't pump my own gas. I know what real pizza tastes like, and I know that a bagel is much more than a fuckin' roll with a hole in the middle. I judge people by what exit they get off the parkway. I can navigate a circle--with attitude. All good nights must end at a diner--preferably with cheese fries. It's a sub, not a hoagie or, worse yet, a hero, and I wash it down with soda, not pop. Two words... "mother fucker." I don't go to the beach, I go down the shore. And boardwalk brawls are just a part of the atmosphere. Yes, I drink cawfee. I know that 65mph really means 80. I've always lived within 10 minutes of a mall. When someone cuts me off, they get the horn AND the finger. And they expect it. I am from New Jersey, and damn proud of it."

post #37 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbuff View Post


I believe that's a nip-slip, gentlemen.
post #38 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbuff View Post
"I am from NJ. I curse... a lot. I say "yo", and I say it often. I never had school on Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur. I sure as hell don't pump my own gas. I know what real pizza tastes like, and I know that a bagel is much more than a fuckin' roll with a hole in the middle. I judge people by what exit they get off the parkway. I can navigate a circle--with attitude. All good nights must end at a diner--preferably with cheese fries. It's a sub, not a hoagie or, worse yet, a hero, and I wash it down with soda, not pop. Two words... "mother fucker." I don't go to the beach, I go down the shore. And boardwalk brawls are just a part of the atmosphere. Yes, I drink cawfee. I know that 65mph really means 80. I've always lived within 10 minutes of a mall. When someone cuts me off, they get the horn AND the finger. And they expect it. I am from New Jersey, and damn proud of it."


+1. Damn straight mother fucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soph View Post

Dude, what's your deal? Britney's not from Jersey.
post #39 of 210
I grew up in Trenton and have spent the last 8 years working in NYC so I've seen my fairshare of guidos....the old joke in trenton used to be everyone lived in tiny rowhouses but they all drove new cadillacs.....gotta have priorities I guess!!!
post #40 of 210
I dare say that a common misconception is that New Yorkers are somehow above Jerseyites. From my point of view, the whole lot can be thought of as quite uncouth, especially when compared to the residents of other US and Western European metropolitan areas. Even in the upper echelons of the NY business world there is a smarminess that one does not encounter elsewhere. The guido and guidette are just the complete distillation, the everclear if you will, of the rest of the New York metropolitan area.
post #41 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Aldonado View Post
I dare say that a common misconception is that New Yorkers are somehow above Jerseyites. From my point of view, the whole lot can be thought of as quite uncouth, especially when compared to the residents of other US and Western European metropolitan areas. Even in the upper echelons of the NY business world there is a smarminess that one does not encounter elsewhere. The guido and guidette are just the complete distillation, the everclear if you will, of the rest of the New York metropolitan area.

Umm...LOL. No.
post #42 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Aldonado View Post
I dare say that a common misconception is that New Yorkers are somehow above Jerseyites. From my point of view, the whole lot can be thought of as quite uncouth, especially when compared to the residents of other US and Western European metropolitan areas. Even in the upper echelons of the NY business world there is a smarminess that one does not encounter elsewhere. The guido and guidette are just the complete distillation, the everclear if you will, of the rest of the New York metropolitan area.

And yet somehow, the people from the tri-state area seem to be the most affluent and most educated people in America. Weird how a bunch of uncouth, smarmy, bottomfeeders can attain such achievements.
post #43 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by odoreater View Post
And yet somehow, the people from the tri-state area seem to be the most affluent and most educated people in America. Weird how a bunch of uncouth, smarmy, bottomfeeders can attain such achievements.
Not really too weird. The love of money attracts all of those qualities.

post #44 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Aldonado View Post
I dare say that a common misconception is that New Yorkers are somehow above Jerseyites. From my point of view, the whole lot can be thought of as quite uncouth, especially when compared to the residents of other US and Western European metropolitan areas. Even in the upper echelons of the NY business world there is a smarminess that one does not encounter elsewhere. The guido and guidette are just the complete distillation, the everclear if you will, of the rest of the New York metropolitan area.

I can't believe you are even trying to pull this. The guido is the Georgi vodka of NYC. They imitate the best, do a horrible job, and in turn create a product that is worthless and should be thrown into the garbage. Not to mention it emanates cheap.

This isn't to say I approve of Manhattan's banker boys. They are complete douchebags in their own regard for the most part.

As are the hipsters.

But neither of these scream Guido-pathetic like stereotypical Jersey/Staten Island/Long Island guidos. They have something going for them. They aren't the laughingstock of their geographic area. They are not a complete farce.
post #45 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Aldonado View Post
Not really too weird. The love of money attracts all of those qualities.


Yes, the rest of America and the world basically lives off of our productivity and innovation, and then has the audacity to call us all smarmy and uncouth.


EDIT: Btw, I actually am smarmy, but by no means uncouth.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What's the stereotype of a New Jersey Girl?