or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread - Page 376

post #5626 of 20577
Today, from the sample box: Floris JF. Starting promising, dried down to candyish-melon, and now I can't find it anymore.
post #5627 of 20577
Creed Bois du Portugal.

Put this on about 5 hours ago and it's settled into a rich, creamy woodsiness. The spice is gone but I don't care cause it still smells great. Overall an excellent frag, if not a bit TOO sophisticated for me at 25. But so is Vintage Tabarome and I wear that all the time.

BdP = highly suggested for smelling like a cultured aristocrat.
post #5628 of 20577
I totally agree with the accolades for Bois du Portugal. There was just a smidge left in one of the vials in the swap box and - after giving it a try - I found myself feeling unusually debonair and wondering if random strangers would start confusing me with the 'most interesting man in the world' from the Dos Equis ads.
post #5629 of 20577
^^^ Am I the only person on earth who got queasy wearing BdP? Really?

For my money, Chanel PM > Creed BdP, but you can't really get it around here any more, and the foreign-market PM isn't quite as good anymore. =(
post #5630 of 20577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
^^^ Am I the only person on earth who got queasy wearing BdP? (
I didn't get queasy, although I can see why you'd say that. I just couldn't see myself wearing the stuff. The base notes are beautiful, but it's hours until you get there. Very Rat Pack - of a different time. Or Don Draper. I can appreciate BdP. It's top notch, just not for me. I don't own cufflinks.
post #5631 of 20577
Mure et Musc today.
post #5632 of 20577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
^^^ Am I the only person on earth who got queasy wearing BdP? Really?

For my money, Chanel PM > Creed BdP, but you can't really get it around here any more, and the foreign-market PM isn't quite as good anymore. =(

I didn't get queasy from trying BdP but it gave me a headache. Tried it several times with the same result.

Unfortunately, I discovered that PdN New York also gave me a similar headache, after I had bought it blind. Whoops.
post #5633 of 20577
^^^ ah, sadly that happens. I liked New York, but Mrs. T hated it very badly and kept making snide comments about her grandmother's bathroom.

...

Today, Amouage Epic Man. Very dry and woody, not very epic.
post #5634 of 20577
back to an old bottle I've had sitting for a bit. Gucci by Gucci. Unfortunately, my shirt smells like incense, so it's overwhelming the fragrance
post #5635 of 20577
Eau d'Hermes.
post #5636 of 20577
At work there's a fragrance swap...

I saw DG the One, Pour Homme, Light Blue;
Burberry London, Touch, Weekend, the Beat
Issey Miyake (the white one)
Polo DB, Blue
Givenchy Play, Gentleman
Bulgari Aqua Pour Homme
Lacoste (original)

others, but I don't remember them.

Any of them worth taking home (I put in my own Dior)? Or in the case that my own gets chosen, what would be the least offending scents? Which should I absolutely stay away from.
post #5637 of 20577
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent View Post
At work there's a fragrance swap... I saw DG the One, Pour Homme, Light Blue; Burberry London, Touch, Weekend, the Beat Issey Miyake (the white one) Polo DB, Blue Givenchy Play, Gentleman Bulgari Aqua Pour Homme Lacoste (original) others, but I don't remember them. Any of them worth taking home (I put in my own Dior)? Or in the case that my own gets chosen, what would be the least offending scents? Which should I absolutely stay away from.
London is quite nice for colder weather, especially holiday wear. Perfect when we have those cold Santa Anas at night or a rainy winter. Then again how many days is it cold in LA?
post #5638 of 20577
Quote:
Originally Posted by willpower View Post
London is quite nice for colder weather, especially holiday wear. Perfect when we have those cold Santa Anas at night or a rainy winter. Then again how many days is it cold in LA?

Yeah I love Burberry London in f/w. Of those on the list I also own Bvlgari Aqua PH, which I used to quite like until it gave me a headache one time.
post #5639 of 20577
Today, Tommy Bahama from the swap box. I was hoping for more tropical/coconut/vanilla, less lavender/calone. quite mneh.
post #5640 of 20577
Wearing Body Kouros today
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread