or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread - Page 1694

post #25396 of 25724
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Lonestar Memories. This is not the kind of fragrance I typically enjoy, but I really do like it. It's a very aggressive smoky leather, but that is all balanced out with the signature Tauerade heavy sweetness.

Tauer is one of the few newish niche houses that I think really does some neat stuff.
post #25397 of 25724
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Lonestar Memories. This is not the kind of fragrance I typically enjoy, but I really do like it. It's a very aggressive smoky leather, but that is all balanced out with the signature Tauerade heavy sweetness.

Tauer is one of the few newish niche houses that I think really does some neat stuff.

Tauer, Vero Kern, Liz Moores of Papillon, and Bruno Fazollari are a few off the top of my head who have created magnificent fragrances. Rach, have you tried any Papillon yet? I'm thinking of Salome in particular for you. It's like a cross between Bal a Versailles and Givenchy III.

This evening I am wearing Amouage Dia Man.
post #25398 of 25724
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

Tauer, Vero Kern, Liz Moores of Papillon, and Bruno Fazollari are a few off the top of my head who have created magnificent fragrances. Rach, have you tried any Papillon yet? I'm thinking of Salome in particular for you. It's like a cross between Bal a Versailles and Givenchy III.

This evening I am wearing Amouage Dia Man.

I haven't tried Papillon Salome yet... but based on that description, I certainly shall. smile.gif
post #25399 of 25724

Hermes Vetiver Tonka today. Decided to give it another go, it's a very hot day so I needed something a bit more lasting. It was surprisingly pleasant, although I'm still not sure of the tonka's slight pungency. Couple more wears and I should be used to it.

post #25400 of 25724
I wore the discontinued Lacroix Tumulte today. This one is almost a perfect office scent: nice woodsy smell, not too obtrusive, lasts all day. Just what I look for in a frag. I guess I will run out of it one day and then struggle to find it again, but hopefully not too soon.

Vintage find on the weekend was a half-full bottle of Evyan Great Lady in a goldtone presentation case. I also saw a 1930s era gold plated Gillette Aristocrat, but balked at the price.
post #25401 of 25724
Today I'm wearing Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle.
post #25402 of 25724
I wore Jules yesterday, and it occurred to me that I wear Jules more than anything else, by far. It's the thing I default to when I'm in a rush and I don't want to think about what to wear. It's not exactly a demur or retiring scent, but it somehow feels completely natural, as if it smells "like me." I never really had a scent play that role until recently, and I don't even think I'd say it's my favorite scent.

Just an observation.
post #25403 of 25724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post

I wore Jules yesterday, and it occurred to me that I wear Jules more than anything else, by far. It's the thing I default to when I'm in a rush and I don't want to think about what to wear. It's not exactly a demur or retiring scent, but it somehow feels completely natural, as if it smells "like me." I never really had a scent play that role until recently, and I don't even think I'd say it's my favorite scent.

Just an observation.

That's very interesting because it is a very powerful scent. I have no idea what you look like, but do you find it ironic or about par that it fits you?
post #25404 of 25724
This evening I am wearing Histoires des Parfums 1725. This is a fantastic scent and not really my style but on a cool night it is just right.
post #25405 of 25724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post

I wore Jules yesterday, and it occurred to me that I wear Jules more than anything else, by far. It's the thing I default to when I'm in a rush and I don't want to think about what to wear. It's not exactly a demur or retiring scent, but it somehow feels completely natural, as if it smells "like me." I never really had a scent play that role until recently, and I don't even think I'd say it's my favorite scent.

Just an observation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

That's very interesting because it is a very powerful scent. I have no idea what you look like, but do you find it ironic or about par that it fits you?

I sort of feel the same way about Diorella, though even by the same house it's on the opposite end of the spectrum. It's complexity and extreme subtlety are what I think makes it feel so "real" or very natural when worn.

It's been many moons since I was able to get my hands on any Jules... so I need to seek some out to revisit.
post #25406 of 25724
Today I am wearing Habit Rouge.
post #25407 of 25724
Yesterday: Fumerie Turque. It used to be I'd sometimes love this and sometimes dislike it. But the last five or so times I've worn it, I've enjoyed it very much. I think I've finally turned the corner on this one.

Today: Jul et Mad Nea.This is a very sweet caramel and red fruit scent that's also a bit boozy. Despite its being very sweet, it doesn't feel like a mass-market scent aimed at teenaged girls. Still, it is a bit too sweet for my taste. Still looking forward to trying the new Jul et Mad Secrets du Paradis Rouge. I haven't been able to track down a sample yet.
post #25408 of 25724

Yesterday: Chanel Pour Monsieur

 

 

 

 

 

Today: Le Labo 46 Vetiver

 

 

 

Funny, I love the old school Pour Monsieur. And Derby, too to an extent ("smells like money"). But I think I've had to "grow into" it. It always smelled like a grandfather golf club or something. But now there's something I really like about it. 

post #25409 of 25724

Oud Satin Mood by MFK. This was my first time trying him out and wasnt that impressed. I cant stand Vanilla so maybe thats the reason why.

 

Yesterday

TF Ombre Leather: Leather, leather and more leather with slight floral notes. Very linear and one dimensional until 3-4 hour mark when it starts warming up to you and the floral feel safe enough to come out. Think Tuscan Leather mean older brother.

post #25410 of 25724
Hugh Parsons Hyde Park. I started wearing this last Spring. Its greenness just says cricket, sunshine, parks and gardens to me. I don't like a lot of this barbershop line, but I really like this one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread